My First Ambient Attempt, 'Sketch #6'
Taka Perry
Oct 6 2013, 07:18 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey folks,

Today I had my first go at ambient music smile.gif This is a short little piece I wrote, that is done in one take on guitar. I'm still very new at ambient music, but I am overall satisfied with my tone in this song. Please let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions smile.gif

I'm also getting this Youtube channel 'going', so if you could subscribe, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Oct 6 2013, 07:19 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Oct 6 2013, 07:40 AM
GMC:er
Hey man! I really enjoy the sound and subscribe smile.gif Sounds really fresh to me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 6 2013, 07:42 AM
Tone sounds great, perfect for this kind of music.

Not much to complain about, that's ambient music alright laugh.gif

Nice job.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 6 2013, 07:51 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Oct 6 2013, 05:40 PM) *
Hey man! I really enjoy the sound and subscribe smile.gif Sounds really fresh to me!

Thanks man biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Oct 6 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Tone sounds great, perfect for this kind of music.

Not much to complain about, that's ambient music alright laugh.gif

Nice job.

Hehe, thank you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Oct 6 2013, 08:28 AM
Great job man. For some reason very much sentimental emotion resonates with my from hearing this. Thank you

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 6 2013, 01:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Oct 6 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Great job man. For some reason very much sentimental emotion resonates with my from hearing this. Thank you

Thank you smile.gif I'm glad you felt the same way I did. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 6 2013, 02:38 PM
Learning Roadie
I like it a lot. I love the clarity of the guitar and delays. You haven't over complicated things and just let them breath.

That's a great foundation to build a complete track from.

It's motivated me to do something similar with the time off I have coming up.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2013, 04:22 PM
Instructor
I love it smile.gif It takes my mind to Dredg - if you haven't heard of them, I totally love this album:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2013, 11:24 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I always enjoy your music and this is not the exception. I just subscribed to your channel! Keep on making beautiful music! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 7 2013, 02:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 7 2013, 02:22 AM) *
I love it smile.gif It takes my mind to Dredg - if you haven't heard of them, I totally love this album:

Thank you Cosmin! I really liked the style of that album, I will have to check out this band more smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 7 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Hi mate, I always enjoy your music and this is not the exception. I just subscribed to your channel! Keep on making beautiful music! smile.gif

Thank you Gab smile.gif Also thank you for the sub and comment!

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 7 2013, 03:18 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice song Taka I really liked it. If you want more ambient inspiration listen to this guys:

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 7 2013, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Taka - you will love Dredg! They are an amazing band! I also wanted to share this concert with you:

That drummer is mind blowing! I've seen them live in 2009 and it was an incredible experience!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 7 2013, 09:15 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Oct 7 2013, 10:03 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Another great tune Taka, love it - you've got the right feel for that style smile.gif
And already subscribed of course biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 09:23 AM