5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
What Was The Last Great Band You Discovered?
Alex87
Oct 2 2008, 04:24 PM
GMC:er
I could say Volbeat on this one too. I'll stick to the rock genre since most of you do that here tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Oct 6 2008, 11:10 PM
Forever Slave. Just heard them today and i have to say it is some of the finest dark music I've heard biggrin.gif.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 6 2008, 11:34 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Sep 23 2008, 07:28 PM) *
also very late discovery, Dropkick Murphy's and Beleive it or Not, Metallica. I knew about them but never liked them bc i didnt really understand how great their pieces are especially Call of Ktulu

Dropkick Murphy's are awesome. Check out Flogging Molly too if you haven't already, not as punky but amazing. Can't listen and not tap my foot and want to jump around smile.gif

My recent find is Jet Black Stare

This post has been edited by rokchik: Oct 6 2008, 11:35 PM

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Oct 6 2008, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Latest band for me is Rose Hill Drive

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Morn
Oct 7 2008, 04:14 PM
Saw The Virgin Marys at a small festival and was blown away. Met them too - nice bunch.

Check 'em out here...

http://www.myspace.com/thevirginmarys/

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 7 2008, 04:15 PM
Unfortunately nobody in a long time sad.gif Been rediscovering old bands that I totally forgot about smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 7 2008, 04:16 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 8 2008, 09:03 AM
Jazz Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 7 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Unfortunately nobody in a long time sad.gif Been rediscovering old bands that I totally forgot about smile.gif

I know what you mean! There is lots of great old bands, the thing about the new ones is that they can really surprise you.

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Oct 8 2008, 09:57 AM
The last gret band i recently discovered is Queens of the Stone age. They was guest band for Foo FIghters in Bergen, Norway, which i was on (actually they were a warm-up, though they are simply too great to be "warmup", so they wrote "guest-band" instead). They just blew me away. The music was fantasticly cool and original, and Josh Homme had this really rough on-stage image. They are now on my favourite rock-band smile.gif

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 8 2008, 05:34 PM
Static X

Born of Orisis

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Oct 8 2008, 08:01 PM
Akercocke, a blackened death metal band thats uses Opeth like clean parts. Their lyrics are...extreme, to say the least.
Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine A doom band with Lee Dorian, Justin Greaves, AND Greg Anderson and Stephen O'Malley all in one!? whats not awesome about that?

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 9 2008, 04:42 AM
QUOTE (Fullmetal_Tmd @ Oct 9 2008, 12:01 AM) *
Akercocke, a blackened death metal band thats uses Opeth like clean parts. Their lyrics are...extreme, to say the least.
Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine A doom band with Lee Dorian, Justin Greaves, AND Greg Anderson and Stephen O'Malley all in one!? whats not awesome about that?

You might like other Droning Doom bands from Southern Lord like Om, Ascend, and Sleep.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Mr T
Oct 9 2008, 09:19 AM
Recently discovered Xavier Rudd. He plays a lot of instruments by himself and makes some great music.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Fizzwidget
Oct 9 2008, 12:04 PM
Killswitch Engage, heard of them before, but never listened until now.

+Quote Post
Isis
Oct 10 2008, 10:32 PM
Baroness - great hardcore/rock/prog band. Theyre pretty original so its hard to desribe their sound smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Oct 10 2008, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Oct 8 2008, 10:42 PM) *
You might like other Droning Doom bands from Southern Lord like Om, Ascend, and Sleep.

lol, as a matter of fact, Southern Lord is one of my favorite labels. Them, Hydrahead, and Relapse are pure awesomeness cool.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 10 2008, 10:59 PM
Akercocke, Vintenar and The Vala. Good times.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 10 2008, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (Fullmetal_Tmd @ Oct 11 2008, 02:43 AM) *
lol, as a matter of fact, Southern Lord is one of my favorite labels. Them, Hydrahead, and Relapse are pure awesomeness cool.gif

Southern Lord is the exact reason why I started buying Vinyls haha. So far, Wolves in the Throne Room Two Hunters, Boris Smile, and Sunn O))) Domkirke are in my collection. I love Southern Lord records. biggrin.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Kapto
Nov 4 2008, 06:48 PM
Symphony X- Circus Maximus
VOLBEAT
VOLBEAT
Thanks guys! Can't stop listening to them now. It's been a long while since I had that thrill. I just bought their Live dvd too.
VOLBEAT cool.gif

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
lespaul363
Nov 4 2008, 07:43 PM
I discovered The Sword not too long ago; now they are one of my favorites. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mr T
Nov 30 2008, 11:41 AM
QUOTE (Kapto @ Nov 4 2008, 06:48 PM) *
Symphony X- Circus Maximus
VOLBEAT
VOLBEAT
Thanks guys! Can't stop listening to them now. It's been a long while since I had that thrill. I just bought their Live dvd too.
VOLBEAT cool.gif

Was reading so much about that band, so yesterday I decided to check them out and.... I instantly love Volbeat. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:12 AM