> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Neoclassical Sweeping & Legato, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 1

FreePizza
May 18 2021, 12:46 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Neoclassical Sweeping & Legato by Gabriel Leopardi

I decided to give this lesson a go because I thought it may help me with my sweeping. I'm still working on trying to get Ostinato Etude up to tempo and also needed to try something else. It's tricky to get this one super clean and up to tempo and also on the beat which I think I stray from here or there. I know I miss the end of the A minor shape hammer on/pull off. The end legato run is also slow and sloppy. I think I am going to try to get a better run at this later this week. Here's my first take anyway. Thanks for viewing and for any feedback.

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FreePizza: May 18 2021, 12:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 18 2021, 02:59 AM
GMC:er
You are off to a good start here! I'm not going to grade this one yet as I think it still needs a bit more work. However, super congrats on taking this on and getting your sweeps going! it starts off quite well and then about 10 seconds in, after the gap/break, you lose timing just a bit and start struggling to regain it. The good news is that your form is in pretty good shape here! Focus a bit more on sticking the timing and go for it again. I'm going to refrain from a grade on this as I think it needs one more go!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 23 2021, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2021, 04:29 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 19 2021, 08:30 AM
GMC Founder
I will join the choir here:

You actually start off in a convincing way - giving the impression you have this kind of sweeping well under control. However throughout the take you loose hand sync to the point that we cannot really hear the melodic movement of the arpeggios.

To be honest I am not sure if perhaps you also loose your over-all timing - I find it hard to hear over this backing track which does not have a clear pulse - and we cannot really isolate the timing in your playing either because of hand sync issues.

I will refrain from grading you here - but I think you could easily turn this into a passing grade. As it is now, the performance does not convince technically or musically. I bet you could change this with a week of slow and precise practice.

Keep up the promising work! 👊

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 24 2021, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Looking clearly at your hands there is nothing to spot for tweaking. Everything you do is just as it should be. This way it's hard to give you any constructive feedback. This is a challenge you have to pass by yourself, giving it enough time and focus.

Yes - sweeping is effective technique and quite relaxed in fast tempo. At the same time it is way harder than it looks, when we play in slow to medium tempo. You definitely fail the timing. That's probably the only issue. Give yourself some time and patience smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 22 2021, 04:23 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Closing this one!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:14 PM