So this is to be it, Born into a universe confined to law and unreason
Deprive them of love and passion, Take from them heart and creativity
Like Urizen did with his tools, So too shall you do unto us
A son born under the signs of art and revolution
Will spark a new era, That will begin and end with a river of blood

Hiding from the kings and queens, Who bow down all too willingly
Running from the marching armada, Whose steps quake the earth
I shroud my child in my arms and use the blanket of night to veil my intention
I cover the mark of revolution upon his forehead, I hide the sign of the end of times
Out of this gods rape and pestilent seed, Will a child of freedom be born and rise to lead

SOLO 1

The alchemist conjures his potions, Sends his poisons unto the earth
The wells of life dry up and lakes of the moon turn to blood
The lighthouse aims its light to the north, Guiding me on my way
But the arrows of fire, From the bow of the sun
Hide its beam, leaving me to continue to wander alone and astray

And as the mages spells take the monolith of war to closer to me
I know the time of departure is drawing near
I leave you now, My son. Please look closely and never forget my face
Your time will come some day, You must break this cyclical oppression of time
Remember your purpose, And bring these people freedom, Bring there god to his knees

SOLO 2

Along the river he drifts away, From his mothers tearful moonlit face
As the arrow struck her in her heart, Even at that age, He shed a tear
Her body hit the water, And descended to the opaque blue
Not even one winter old, This child will precede a wave of war
He will mark the fall of the gods

© Brett Windnagle, 2008
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So basically I was inspired by an orgy of mythology and religion from literature and history that gave me this story. Instead of making one long song, I divided it into two parts. This obviously being the first. Anyway....prepare yourself for one long explanation (if you even care laugh.gif )

So basically, in this world, Everything was created by four gods who were all born from the original creator (who mysteriously dies) of the universe (William Blake kind of thing), And one of those four gods rises to ultimate power, The others no one knows where they are or even if they are alive. The only god that remains is the god of law, And he basically rules the world like a dictator, doing as he pleases. So on one unfortunate night, His army raids a village accused of heresy, and he....lets just say has his way with a woman there, who is left hopeless basically. And she escapes and goes on the run eventually, Only to learn she is pregnant....But she also learns that this child is to be born on the day which is marked by revolution. (In there society, anyone born on this day is killed by the god of law, For fear of a prophecy of revolution, in which his throne is usurped and he is killed).

So she runs for 9 months from the army of this god, receiving little to no help from anyone, for they fear they will kill him. Then he is born, and upon his forehead is a sign of revolution and next to it the sign of art. Just as this happens the army catches up to her, and they use all there powers to catch her when they learn she gave birth on that day, Alchemists poison the earth so they cant eat or drink water, A lighthouse meant to guide lost travelers is taken out by archers and fire arrows, and mages use there spells to track them, Eventually they catch up, and she knows she cant run anymore, and put her son in '"basket" or some floating apparatus, and sends him down river, where she hopes someone will find and raise him (Wow, where did I ever such an idea huh?), And as she stands there, watching him go....she is killed, thankfully, the child gets away.

Wow, the explanation is longer than the song....My bad laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 9 2008, 12:48 PM
GMC:er
Yay I Love it biggrin.gif

Ill show you some of my favorite parts:

I shroud my child in my arms and use the blanket of night to veil my intention
This line stuck out the most to me. I could picture the mother holding her child and trying to conceal him in the night, and hoping no one found out about her true intentions, Great !

The wells of life dry up and lakes of the moon turn to blood
I was like, Lakes on the Moon ? Now Brett is just messing with us, awesome line !

As the arrow struck her in her heart, Even at that age, He shed a tear
Her body hit the water, And descended to the opaque blue
This line was really well done. It reminded me of something from 300 for some reason. I could feel the emotion and pain of her mother saying goodbye to a child she never knew.

Loved it looking forward to Part 2:

-John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2008, 03:21 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Lakes of the moon is just how I imagine a lake at night, reflecting the moon like a mirror image smile.gif
Glad you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 9 2008, 03:34 PM
Great lyrics man. I love mythology and the lyrics are very inspiring. You certainly are an impressive lyricist. I doubt anybody would disagree with that. Keep on with them as I love reading them smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2008, 03:38 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Thanks man, Im glad you like this one, I was up kinda late this morning trying to fine tune it smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 9 2008, 03:45 PM
It definitely seems like you put a lot of time and effort into them which is great of course. Clearly you think hard about using the appropiate words also. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:00 PM