Video Editing Problem
Matt23
Jan 4 2009, 01:37 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yesterday I started the video editing of my first student instructor lesson. I filmed everything except the main video all at once. I then put the movie and the audio track into Vegas, and synced up the beginning. I then realised that the track went gradually out of sync when you played it, so I stretched the audio until it was in sync at the end. Now it is in sync at the beginning, in sync at the end, but not in the middle. The audio happens about a second too soon in the worst parts.

I really don't know what I can do to fix this, so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers smile.gif

Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Matt23
Jan 4 2009, 04:34 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I've decided just to edit it as seperate videos but if anyone does have advice I'd still really like to hear it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2009, 04:44 PM
Instructor
I'm not sure what could be the problem, but I think we already had similar syncin issue here on the forum, also involving Movie Maker.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 5 2009, 08:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Check out the resolution settings of the audio track 44100 or 48000 when it was recorded and check the project profile in vegas to see if audio resolution matches....That could be the problem...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 08:20 PM
GMC:er
This might not be the best solution but try passing the audio out to the mic input of your video cam and monitor it from the cameras audio output via headphones. There are some tips for doing that, keep output level of your sound card to a minimum level...

Thus you can have your video track totally synchronized with your audio biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 5 2009, 08:21 PM

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jan 6 2009, 08:24 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Well I have tried all of your suggestions and nothing seems to work. What is really strange is my video can be in perfect sync for 10 seconds and then therell be a 5 second pause and itll be a second out of sync when I start playing again. I would really appreciate any more tips because this is getting very frustrating.

Cheers

Matt smile.gif

I just tried doing the recording in Audacity instead of Reaper and it goes gradually out of sync and gradually back into sync instead of suddenely like reaper. I'm wondering if it might be the fault of the audio program.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 7 2009, 01:44 PM
Singing Instructor
Yep,the problem must be in he recording part(audio).Some thing went wromg there.You could play with strach option that I know Cubase and Nuendo have.But it is to complicated.
i think your problem is soundcard,or some thing related to her.Try to record without Vegas first and see what hapends then.Maybe Vegas and your DAW are not in best relation.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jan 10 2009, 05:49 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I have tried using different audio and video software and many other things but nothing has worked so far. What did make a bit of a difference was rendering the audio at 48000HZ instead of 44100HZ. Also in the audio I heard some small blips about 4 per minute. I wonder if these mght be the reason the audio us going out of sync. What I would like to know is if tehre is a way to get rid of these blips.

Cheers

Matt smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 10 2009, 08:12 PM
Singing Instructor
It would be great if you could upload a bit of that audio here(with blips).So we could hear it.Maybe we will get the better pcture that way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jan 11 2009, 08:51 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Finally I got my problem sorted. Turns out all I had to do was select ASIO instead of WaveOut in Reaper. Thanks for all the help you guys have given me though. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 12 2009, 10:53 AM
Singing Instructor
Great to hear the news.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:58 PM