2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gibson Revolution ?!
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 8 2010, 01:11 PM
Instructor

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-G...Firebird-X.aspx

In my humble opinion.. this is a joke of the year !!!
You do not have to agree with me, but I simply can't get myself to find at least a part of something, shown in this video, which convinced me that this is worth 5,5 K ?!? blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 8 2010, 01:25 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
totaly agree, they add som crap, call it a limited edition revolution and raise the price. Being it's a limited edition they might be able to trick enough poor (or rich) souls into buying it. huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 8 2010, 02:07 PM
Instructor
I'm going to agree with you, :S

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2010, 03:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
I hate how they run down the company that I love the most -.-

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 8 2010, 03:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
If it's not THE joke of the year, it's certainly in the running.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 8 2010, 04:01 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
It should be called very limited Gibson Downfall sleep.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Nov 8 2010, 05:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
That is so ugly....I don't care about auto tuning guitar and other kind of revolution in technology. I want something affordable. sleep.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 8 2010, 05:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
What an aweful looking guitar.. and it looks even smaller due to the man playing being big. Then again, Gibson has released a lot of weird stuff lately. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 8 2010, 05:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
If it would have been a stunner, but no they even made it ugly sad.gif Gibson really is doing some serious weird things, like the holy explorer, inverted flying V and the Dusk Tiger ><

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2010, 05:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
The company is on a downward spiral and the CEO and the other Gibson managers only seem to think in their own world...

So far we have these problems with Gibson:
-senior builders tend to leave the company because of new working conditions
-quality control was on an all time low a few years back which resulted in a lack of trust by the buyers
-too many variations of the same guitar (especially the Les Paul) which makes it confusing to find the right one
-horrible design ideas that nobody wants to buy (reverse guitars, zoo suit guitars, holy guitars)
-trying to force a modern image on a vintage style company with badly designed robot guitars and such
-the lack to see that fans crave for specs such as longer scale length, diffrent pickups, thinner necks and such

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 8 2010, 06:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Now that Axcess was a cool guitar. Too bad they dumped that. If we'd have seen a 25.5" scale with the heal contour. Yummy. *shrug*

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 8 2010, 06:30 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I don't like the shape very much... nor the color... or the headstock...

Besides, the sounds it emulates, that's what I have a POD for.

I agree with Zakk. Why don't they release things e actually care about. I'd love a thin neck Gibson for a change.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Captain Insaino
Nov 8 2010, 06:42 PM
GMC:er
I have been looking for an orignal firebird for a while now, these new contraptions are just so way out side what most of their customers want, its not funny. If they are marketing to the young crownd they have gone wrong, i dont know any young guys who can drop 5k on an axe.... The older guys who could pay that much for an axe wont buy that crap...

edit: Caps to lowercase - Chris

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Nov 9 2010, 11:52 AM

--------------------
If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 8 2010, 09:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ah, talking about where Gibson should put their money. A sevenstring Steinberger ZT-3 would be AWESOME tongue.gif

+Quote Post
slash48
Nov 8 2010, 10:01 PM
It looks like a strange Carnival ride....The color scheme is making me quite nauseous. I wonder what they were thinking huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 8 2010, 11:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think I'm gonna be the only person to say that its actually kinda cool. Not 5k worth of cool, but definitely something I would play with were I to come across it at a guitar shop. This guitar is targeted towards a specific crowd, and is only in limited production. Gibson knows this ain't going to revolutionize the guitar, they just want to get a buzz going to get people to go check out their products. We're talking about it right now, so I guess their marketing ploy has been somewhat effective tongue.gif

Would I buy one right now in my current financial situation? Hell no, but if I had thousands upon thousands of disposable income, I would pick one up. Come on, are you trying to tell me none of you wouldn't mess around with this thing for hours on end? biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
brandon
Nov 8 2010, 11:17 PM
I agree man, Gibson has dropped the ball on the last couple of "innovations" they've had.

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 9 2010, 01:12 AM
yuck......I dont feel like going to the gibson website because this crap thing shows up right in the front....I hate gibson because they rip people off....I think that technological innovation is cool .. ...but this is way too retarded

But, my favourite is the Tony Iommi Signature SG..I saw the OZZFEST DVD and that thing sounds heavier than anything else ..such a fat ballsy tone....loved it

This post has been edited by newguyatgmc: Nov 9 2010, 01:23 AM

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 9 2010, 10:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
The tone of their guitars is still unrivaled! It's also the reson the company hasn't gone bankrupt by now...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 9 2010, 03:32 PM
@ZAKK The funny part isthey are removing all the good models out of the line. Like the iommi sg and gothic les paul.

I saw a guy playing this les paul gibson gothic....it was a pure metal machine...

I wonder if any body at gmc has a gibson gothic lespaul

This post has been edited by newguyatgmc: Nov 9 2010, 03:33 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 AM