Thinking Of Ordering A Guitar Online
vampire18
Feb 10 2009, 11:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
i went on a little trip between music stores in israel and they dont have almost any lefty guitars so my question is would it be ok to order a gutiar online that i never got to use before?
and what do i need to now about costs and shipping of ordering such a thing?
(im thinking about an ibanez rg1570)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 11 2009, 12:05 AM
Learning Tone Master
I wouldn't recommend buying something you haven't played before...I know it's hard for leftys but I would at least take the rigfht handed version of the RG1570 and play it upside down - just to get the feeling you know?

If you're sure you want it, then go for it! It's a good quality guitar (only the pickups aren't the best...). Normally stores send guitars for that price for free or are you ordering from a store in another country?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2009, 12:46 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well if you don't have any other options, its ok to order online..But as Zakk suggested it would be wise to try out the right handed version first of the instrument you want..Or ask someone to play it for you..Guitar you order will sound almost the "same" as that one, so listen to how it sounds...Its a little gamble but good quality manufactures have good quality control and guitar they send you should be by standard...Of course there are no two same sounding instruments..Regarding ordering, check how the guitar will be sent to you (Fedex , DHL ??), and if its from another country you will have to pay import taxes etc...This store is great if you are ordering from overseas...They even do inspection and initial setup of the instrument for you: http://www.sweetwater.com/

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2009, 02:24 AM
Instructor
As Zakk suggested, take a right handed guitar and try it out at least. This is something that you should really do before buying. At least check out how it sounds, and how it is built, and then if you like it, buy it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 11 2009, 03:53 AM
Instructor
I would never buy guitar online unless I tested it first in the store that delivers it !
Try before you buy - best catch phrase in my opinion smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Feb 11 2009, 06:57 AM
GMC:er
If you have a guitar that you like the feel of now... call Sweetwater or some of the companies that have good customer service and ship online,and explain that you don't have many options for trying out guitars where you live. can they recomend (based on what you have and like) the RG 1570 or other guitars that might be similar to what you like.. the feel of the neck is important. Pick ups and bridges can be swapped out and you can hot-rod the guitar over time to your exact preferences. The feel of the neck and the weight of the guitar though... you're kinda stuck with that... unless you shop for necks down the road. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Hammerhead: Feb 11 2009, 06:59 AM

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 11 2009, 10:31 AM
GMC:er
You should at least have played an Ibanez RG before. And like the feel of it I think it's reasonable to order and pray. Many onlineshops allow you to send back stuff you don't like it. So I think if you've played a similar guitar already (like another RG), and listened to sound samples and looked at pictures online then I'd say go for it. You can still adjust the sound a bit by changing the PU's. But you need to love the look and feel of it.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:13 PM