2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Challenging Myself!
Bluesberry
Apr 14 2010, 08:02 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll put this here.

I had a couple of weeks' period when I hadn't got the time to play the guitar. Now I'm practicing seriously again, and something amazing has happened.

1. I challenged myself by trying some serious alternate picking licks at level 5-6 (my skills are a strong 3, maybe even 4).
2. It's working! My skills have improved drastically, and I want to keep it that way. It's like I'm jumping forward: I take a step (not a huge one, not even big, just a normal step) and then I take some days to keep my balance. Then another step. This is awesome!

I agree with Daniel Realpe here, too. I think we need the courage (and I really do believe it takes courage) to challenge ourselves, because if we stay content with licks comfortable at our level, we'll never develop.

This is awesome. Playing the guitar is maybe the best thing that has ever happened to me (not counting human relationships of course biggrin.gif).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 14 2010, 08:56 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Congratulations Kris... I have been there as well. biggrin.gif Now I am trying out even more.. smile.gif

Cheers man!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:41 PM