2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Warrior Bushido Task 44
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2012, 12:06 PM
Instructor
Task 44: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/willpower-solo/

As the days get colder the fingers must fight to stay warmer.. so I bring you a lesson of a solo, appropriately titled 'Willpower' !

There's some great melodic tricks, some of which I use in my own playing, so I reckon this will be a really fun one to learn. The backing track is quite sparse by today's standards but there's a clear melodic progression which always makes a solo more enjoyable to play. The arpeggios at the end are interesting because they employ quite a big shift but thankfully they're not very fast !

The Apprentice Thread are playing for the warriors in Valhalla this week. You souls are shredding on behalf of the Gods on Mount Olympus !!

If you should fail, you shall be thrown to Cerberus who shall take one look at those delicious fingers and gobble them up !!

Deadline is next Friday 7th December

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
Nov 30 2012, 03:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha nice. Browsing through all of the lessons before, I remember thinking I needed to do one of his lessons just based off his instructor picture alone. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2012, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Nov 30 2012, 02:10 PM) *
Haha nice. Browsing through all of the lessons before, I remember thinking I needed to do one of his lessons just based off his instructor picture alone. biggrin.gif

Haha, yes it's very corpse like isn't it ?? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 30 2012, 07:08 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
After seeing the instructor picture I wasn't expecting such a nice and melodic solo. laugh.gif

I don't know who Cerberus is but I'm sure I don't want to find out. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2012, 08:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Nov 30 2012, 06:08 PM) *
After seeing the instructor picture I wasn't expecting such a nice and melodic solo. laugh.gif

I don't know who Cerberus is but I'm sure I don't want to find out. ohmy.gif

The guard dog of Hades ! wink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 1 2012, 05:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Well i've got the whole thing down at 80% speed, which doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment but this includes the little shredding AP run towards the beginning. To hear myself kind of "shred" is pretty damn exciting. This has been a huge thorn in my side for a while so I can't wait to see how fast I can get it by the end of the week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 1 2012, 06:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 1 2012, 04:58 PM) *
Well i've got the whole thing down at 80% speed, which doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment but this includes the little shredding AP run towards the beginning. To hear myself kind of "shred" is pretty damn exciting. This has been a huge thorn in my side for a while so I can't wait to see how fast I can get it by the end of the week.

That's great to hear. It's always surprising what we can do, even thought we think we can't ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 1 2012, 06:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 1 2012, 05:12 PM) *
That's great to hear. It's always surprising what we can do, even thought we think we can't ! smile.gif

Dare I say it only took one video chat with the man himself? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 1 2012, 06:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 1 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Dare I say it only took one video chat with the man himself? laugh.gif

Well that would be a massive compliment and an honour, sir ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 2 2012, 07:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I just wanted to post this quick audio clip from this task. It's just the shred part at full speed and keep in mind it is not clean at all but this is literally the first time I've ever been able to do this. I've been working at slower speeds which has helped a ton of course but even faintly hearing it at full speed is a pretty monumental occasion for me personally.

Sorry for the cheesy post, I'm just unbelievably stoked right now. biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  loop.mp3 ( 165.3K ) Number of downloads: 121

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2012, 07:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 2 2012, 06:25 PM) *
I just wanted to post this quick audio clip from this task. It's just the shred part at full speed and keep in mind it is not clean at all but this is literally the first time I've ever been able to do this. I've been working at slower speeds which has helped a ton of course but even faintly hearing it at full speed is a pretty monumental occasion for me personally.

Well done Greg ! Now I wanna hear more though !

You showed me the pudding and then took it away !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 3 2012, 12:07 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 2 2012, 06:25 PM) *

Congrats man. smile.gif It is a good feeling to start to get over that hump. Not an easy lick to play.

The last lick in the solo is aggravating me a bit today. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 3 2012, 07:53 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Good morning! I ended up making a video sooner than I thought I would. Really enjoyed learning this lesson. I like how he use those slides for character in his phrasing. Like the part around :25 in my video. Not sure if I'm totally nailing it like he does... or maybe I'm being nit-picky. Interested to hear feedback/suggestions on it. Thanks!

Most importantly I wanted to keep Cerberus away from my fingers this week!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2012, 10:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 3 2012, 06:53 AM) *
Good morning! I ended up making a video sooner than I thought I would. Really enjoyed learning this lesson. I like how he use those slides for character in his phrasing. Like the part around :25 in my video. Not sure if I'm totally nailing it like he does... or maybe I'm being nit-picky. Interested to hear feedback/suggestions on it. Thanks!

Most importantly I wanted to keep Cerberus away from my fingers this week!

This is a storming submission !

Yeah the slide at 0:25 works.. you cut off the note just before it, not sure if that was intentional or not ? If it was then that's cool but if not, then that was the only thing that stopped it sounding as fluid.. but it's a minor point and a matter of taste smile.gif

Your fingers are safe for another week...... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 3 2012, 01:04 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Warriors LONG TIME NO SEE!!

I wish I could continue but can't practice much. I haven't even visited GMC for long. I was surfing around yesterday and saw this challenge and I was thinking wow, its been a long time so I sat down and practice since it was pretty short lesson and I thought I could do it. So, here is my quick take. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2012, 01:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 3 2012, 12:04 PM) *
Warriors LONG TIME NO SEE!!

I wish I could continue but can't practice much. I haven't even visited GMC for long. I was surfing around yesterday and saw this challenge and I was thinking wow, its been a long time so I sat down and practice since it was pretty short lesson and I thought I could do it. So, here is my quick take. smile.gif

Hey Chandra, great to see you back ! This is a really good take as well, you absolutely nailed those arpeggios at the end - well done !!

So, if you're back and looking for a challenge... wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/30-Shr...rs-In-One-Solo/

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 3 2012, 01:31 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Ben. Thats a monster lesson. I thought that 1 hour+ time was a mistake until I played it on YouTube. Too much shredding going on.. hehe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 3 2012, 01:34 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 3 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Thanks Ben. Thats a monster lesson. I thought that 1 hour+ time was a mistake until I played it on YouTube. Too much shredding going on.. hehe.

Duuuuuuuuuude, Chandra!!! Where have you been ?? We are missing you at the Temple as a great source of inspiration. Come back smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 3 2012, 01:42 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I am here, I am here.. smile.gif I will try to practice as much as I can, I promise. Thanks for the kind words Opetholic. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2012, 01:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 3 2012, 12:31 PM) *
Too much shredding going on.. hehe.

Yes, it's an overwhelming assault !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:06 PM