4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Kris & Marcus Go Techno, KMC Metal - " Set Me On Fire "
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2008, 07:07 PM
GMC Founder
Hi there - who says shredders can't dance?!

Marcus and I are very proud to present our first techno-metal tune:
>>SET ME ON FIRE<<

Inspite of the song's digital character you will find some guitarwork in here - throughout the song Marcus and I trade funky licks and Marcus rips it at the end of the song. Other than that....it's just techno! biggrin.gif

We hope you will like it... unsure.gif

Lyrics:

Are no men alive?!

My beliefs are lost within
All that remains is the thorn

You have betrayed me
And you have raped me
You must hate me
You have set my life on fire

I have been cheated of my years
But no more I will strike back!

You have betrayed me
And you have raped me
You must hate me
You have set my life on fire

-------------------------

I hope to get a blog post up if there should be interest for one - and as always you can download all our songs here.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 11 2008, 07:24 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Wow, that was insane! I liked it in a funky sort of way. smile.gif Kinda took me to some crazy establishment with people in makeup and dancing in cages! mellow.gif I would say it deserves a blog, nice job guys.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rockztar
Jul 11 2008, 07:32 PM
GMC:er
HAHA sound great guys;) sometimes it almost sounds like Kris Growl

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Jul 11 2008, 07:36 PM
That sounds realy cool, i like it

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2008, 07:42 PM
GMC Founder
laugh.gif Thanks so much for the positive comments - we were a little afraid you would be turned off by the "slight" change of direction! unsure.gif Both Marcus and me love exploring new musical territory so that's why we wanted to give this kind of techno-metal a shot!

QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 11 2008, 08:24 PM) *
Kinda took me to some crazy establishment with people in makeup and dancing in cages! mellow.gif

Hmm that sounds interesting ohmy.gif maybe an idea for a music video (we'd have to invite you in to do the makeup-dancing-in cages though! tongue.gif laugh.gif )

QUOTE (rockztar @ Jul 11 2008, 08:32 PM) *
HAHA sound great guys;) sometimes it almost sounds like Kris Growl

Well I have experimented a little with the low Rammstein type of voice for this one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 11 2008, 08:07 PM
HAHA! I love it! It reminds me of Go-go Bordello and Rammstein if the ever mixed together tongue.gif (that's a good thing). wink.gif This would definitely make one "trippy" lesson!

*Edit* I just finished reading the earlier posts... I didn't realize you said that you tried the Rammstein voice on purpose! I called that one! WHOO!!

This post has been edited by Déjà vu: Jul 11 2008, 08:14 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 11 2008, 08:15 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Well you guys certainly aren't one trick ponies!!! I love the part where it suddenly goes funky with the wah guitar - cool!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 11 2008, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 11 2008, 02:42 PM) *
Hmm that sounds interesting ohmy.gif maybe an idea for a music video (we'd have to invite you in to do the makeup-dancing-in cages though! tongue.gif laugh.gif )

laugh.gif Let me know when the video production start's unsure.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 11 2008, 08:21 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Cool track. Metal, Techno, what style will be next? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2008, 08:24 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 11 2008, 09:19 PM) *
laugh.gif Let me know when the video production start's unsure.gif smile.gif

Well send me a sample video of your dancing abilities and I will let you know! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jul 11 2008, 09:21 PM) *
Cool track. Metal, Techno, what style will be next? smile.gif

Well we have been dicussing something instrumental again - as we were really happy with how that went! biggrin.gif

But to be honest I think we will do a French Opera instead!! laugh.gif (not)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 11 2008, 08:25 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Thanks KMC, it's inspiring! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2008, 08:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Jul 11 2008, 09:07 PM) *
HAHA! I love it! It reminds me of Go-go Bordello and Rammstein if the ever mixed together tongue.gif (that's a good thing). wink.gif This would definitely make one "trippy" lesson!

*Edit* I just finished reading the earlier posts... I didn't realize you said that you tried the Rammstein voice on purpose! I called that one! WHOO!!

Well I should be thanking you for recognising Rammstein in the influences - I love them!

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 11 2008, 09:15 PM) *
Well you guys certainly aren't one trick ponies!!! I love the part where it suddenly goes funky with the wah guitar - cool!

Thanks Andrew - I hope we will keep doing "weirder" ones, once in a while! biggrin.gif (PS and thanks for always learning me new expressions! biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 11 2008, 09:25 PM) *
Thanks KMC, it's inspiring! smile.gif

Thanks Micke! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 11 2008, 08:34 PM
Some of that reminded me a bit of Scooter blink.gif
And I agree with Andrew, it was pretty cool when that wah wah-guitar came in at the end biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Jul 11 2008, 08:34 PM

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 11 2008, 08:41 PM
Instructor
Many thanks all! biggrin.gif
I love the video idea!!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2008, 08:42 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Jul 11 2008, 09:41 PM) *
I love the video idea!!

So you are saying you would want to do the makeup dancing - or you want me to do it?! mad.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 11 2008, 08:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great song! biggrin.gif Nice to hear the results of this collab. You play really great. I LOVE YOU! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jul 11 2008, 08:46 PM
Wow biggrin.gif I've never heard anything like that. Awesome!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 11 2008, 09:04 PM
Great song guys, i think its really cool that you explore different territory, and that you have musical curiuosity biggrin.gif just like myself, in my opinion any music can be good, country, jazz polka, etc biggrin.gif Also i really like the vocals nice drive.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 11 2008, 09:09 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 11 2008, 03:42 PM) *
So you are saying you would want to do the makeup dancing - or you want me to do it?! mad.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif I think you guys can work it out! tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jul 11 2008, 09:13 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Wow Kris, your voice, I like it a lot ! Great work guys, can't wait for next song
and by the way I can imagine kris singing while doing his lifetime sacred mimics lol

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:46 PM