Wood Grenade !, Anybody used one ?
Ben Higgins
Sep 22 2012, 04:39 PM
Instructor
Ok, so I'm leafing through a magazine of country supplies (clothes, tools, animal stuff etc) and I see mention of something called a Wood Grenade !

So I had to investigate and I found this ! It's basically a patented wedge for splitting logs !

http://www.screwfix.com/p/roughneck-wood-g...-splitter/51334

Attached Image

With a name like Wood Grenade I would buy one just for the sake of it ! Has anybody used one / does anybody own one.. does anybody else want one ? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 22 2012, 05:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Ben ,

this looks interesting to me !

I make wood for my tiled stove every year and i use for the big whole wood parts a iron wedge but this one cuts only in two parts,

the wood grenade does four parts what is fine !

When you buy one try it and tell me if it is worth to get one !!!
wink.gif

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 22 2012, 06:06 PM
GMC:er
I used to used them but bought a Hydraulic log Splitter!! It's a lot less hassle!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 22 2012, 06:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 22 2012, 06:06 PM) *
I used to used them but bought a Hydraulic log Splitter!! It's a lot less hassle!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yes I remember our thread where we were talking about those !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 22 2012, 05:38 PM) *
Hey Ben ,

this looks interesting to me !

I make wood for my tiled stove every year and i use for the big whole wood parts a iron wedge but this one cuts only in two parts,

the wood grenade does four parts what is fine !

When you buy one try it and tell me if it is worth to get one !!!
wink.gif

Dieter

I might buy one even if I don't have a use for it !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Christophe
Sep 23 2012, 12:27 PM
My father was a lumberman some years ago, and I grew up between branches, tree stump and 5 meters large oaks and pines, so of course I do know wood grenade (But I'd never guess it might ever wear such a name biggrin.gif) biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2012, 03:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Christophe @ Sep 23 2012, 12:27 PM) *
My father was a lumberman some years ago, and I grew up between branches, tree stump and 5 meters large oaks and pines, so of course I do know wood grenade (But I'd never guess it might ever wear such a name biggrin.gif) biggrin.gif

Did your father ever use the metal ones or did he just make his won wedges out of wood or whatever ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Christophe
Sep 23 2012, 11:28 PM
Yep he made some wood grenades with his chainsaw (Often oak because of its strength not with pines because of the resin which damage the "teeth" of the chainsaw) and some plastic one.

When my father said : "This tree will fall down here" you must be sure that it'll be the case biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 24 2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Christophe @ Sep 23 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Yep he made some wood grenades with his chainsaw (Often oak because of its strength not with pines because of the resin which damage the "teeth" of the chainsaw) and some plastic one.

When my father said : "This tree will fall down here" you must be sure that it'll be the case biggrin.gif

I never knew that about the resin damaging the chainsaw. Yes, working with wood is such an art. My Dada also used to fell trees years ago but now he just makes things smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:17 PM