A Song, ... to check out :)
Dinaga
Sep 21 2011, 05:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is a song I played with my former band, where I played lead guitar. The production could've been better, but we didn't have money for professional production. I didn't write the song, only my solo and some harmonies. Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts on this song, cheers smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeL4VB9gzIQ

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Sep 21 2011, 05:58 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Sounds great man! smile.gif The riffs and solo parts are great, and the intro is somewhat epic smile.gif

I think the main thing that creates problem for me here is bass. It sounds like guitar with an octaver to me, that must be arranged. Vocals are awesome, a bit in the background, but very good.

Excellent job, sounds very good, I bet it would sound awesome on a live gig smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 21 2011, 09:07 PM
GMC:er
Wooww ohmy.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 21 2011, 09:22 PM
Instructor
Excellent guitars and decent production! I like it, svaka cast wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Sep 21 2011, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks people, I really appreciate your feedback! smile.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 21 2011, 06:33 PM) *
I think the main thing that creates problem for me here is bass. It sounds like guitar with an octaver to me, that must be arranged.

Yep, true that, it's a shame because some riffs can't even be heard properly...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2011, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Woohah! biggrin.gif like the composition! You are skilled my friend! I also like the clean vocals, but the distorted ones could be more up front and clearer. It's a lil' difficult to come up with a good clean screaming technique, such as fry screaming for example.

Are you still in this kind of music? Do you play in another band?

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Sep 22 2011, 10:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 22 2011, 08:56 AM) *
Woohah! biggrin.gif like the composition! You are skilled my friend! I also like the clean vocals, but the distorted ones could be more up front and clearer. It's a lil' difficult to come up with a good clean screaming technique, such as fry screaming for example.

Are you still in this kind of music? Do you play in another band?

Thanks for your comment man smile.gif Well no, I was actually never really into metalcore/death metal, I'm more of a heavy metal/power/prog man. Not a fan of growling... Where I live, it's really hard to find a band that suits my needs, the bands here are usually punk rock/thrash/death. That's why the songs I write/play for the most part aren't suitable for any of them...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2011, 11:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Sep 22 2011, 09:53 AM) *
Thanks for your comment man smile.gif Well no, I was actually never really into metalcore/death metal, I'm more of a heavy metal/power/prog man. Not a fan of growling... Where I live, it's really hard to find a band that suits my needs, the bands here are usually punk rock/thrash/death. That's why the songs I write/play for the most part aren't suitable for any of them...

Have faith man! I perfectly understand what searching means...I turned out to be a vocalist in one of my bands just because we couldn't find any pros out there who would understand, assimilate and love what we're doing smile.gif but I am very happy with my choice! It helps me develop certain aspects which would've never risen otherwise biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Sep 22 2011, 11:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 22 2011, 10:08 AM) *
Have faith man! I perfectly understand what searching means...I turned out to be a vocalist in one of my bands just because we couldn't find any pros out there who would understand, assimilate and love what we're doing smile.gif but I am very happy with my choice! It helps me develop certain aspects which would've never risen otherwise biggrin.gif

That's great! The most important thing is to stick with what you love and play it with passion... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2011, 11:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Sep 22 2011, 10:19 AM) *
That's great! The most important thing is to stick with what you love and play it with passion... smile.gif

Wisely spoken! smile.gif looking forward to seeing you at tonight's v-chat smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 23 2011, 03:05 AM
Instructor
oh, I'm liking it right away! sounds passionate! I love that

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 23 2011, 03:46 AM
Instructor
hey that's some nice metal/punk love it!!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2011, 05:03 AM
Instructor
Great song man! I like that epic introduction, and I also like the vocals! The clean voice is very original. The solos are also killer! I can hear some Metallica, some Trivium but also a lot of personality. Good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Sep 23 2011, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wow, I didn't expect so many people would give feedback, thanks a lot mates, it really means a lot to me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:32 AM