4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
40 Power Metal Bands
superize
Oct 9 2013, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I Think we need a thread for this lesson so that people who are working on it can share their progress.

I have laerned 20 parts so far and are practising them togheter at 115 bbm. I am having very big problmes with the sweep picking in the dragonforce part. It is very fast and the 5 string thing is so hard to play even at a slower tempo so i am working on that seperatly.

Anybody else working on this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 9 2013, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
This is a recording of the 23 first bands played at 125 bpm

https://soundcloud.com/isac-lundqvist/power...l-bands-125-bpm

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by superize: Oct 9 2013, 05:25 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2013, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Superize!! It's has been a great idea to start this thread!! smile.gif I will monitoring this one all the time to give feedback and suggestions to help you master this lesson.

I checked your take at Soundcloud and I must say that you are doing a very good job. You've already learnt a lot of sections! Well done!! I can notice that Sweep Picking licks (Rhapsody & Dragonforce) are giving you some trouble and that's normal because these are them trickier parts. You definitely have to isolate both parts and work on them over metronome.

I don't find other important issues in the take, just this details:

- Blind Guardian: There are some differences in the melody's rhythm.
-Grave Digger: You are playing the "bagpipes" melodies with a different rhythm.
-Primal Fear: The last fast lick needs some adjustment.
-Epica: There is one wrong note at 03:55 and 04:02.
-Avantasia: The rhythm is different.
-Firewind: The AP pattern needs some adjustment.
-Yngwie Malmsteen: Be careful with the timing of the first lick.

That's all, keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 9 2013, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Thanks for all your inputs Gabriel. I know i still got alot of work to do on most of the parts thats why i record myself so that i can hear them.

I really hope some more people will join this thread so that we can help each other out

This post has been edited by superize: Oct 9 2013, 06:01 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2013, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Oct 9 2013, 01:59 PM) *
Thanks for all your inputs Gabriel. I know i still got alot of work to do on most of the parts thats why i record myself so that i can hear them.

I really hope some more people will join this thread so that we can help each other out

Me too!! Who else is working on this one??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 9 2013, 06:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I am amazed that you take this lesson Superize smile.gif
All cred to you!!
Unfortunately, I cannont take this. First of all its hard tongue.gif and the second is that I have sooo many lessons to work on!
But I will follow this closely, cause power metal is one of the genres I love (if its good).
Best of luck to you though!
Sounds great btw biggrin.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2013, 11:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Superize! As this is a practice thread I wanted to share with you a midi file of the backing track of this lesson. It includes drums, bass and all orquestal, synth and piano arrangements. You can use it for practising at different tempos, create loops for the trickier parts and also to see how I worked those arrangements.

Attached File  Power_Metal_Medley.mid ( 65.91K ) Number of downloads: 99

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 13 2013, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 10 2013, 11:57 PM) *
Hi Superize! As this is a practice thread I wanted to share with you a midi file of the backing track of this lesson. It includes drums, bass and all orquestal, synth and piano arrangements. You can use it for practising at different tempos, create loops for the trickier parts and also to see how I worked those arrangements.

Attached File  Power_Metal_Medley.mid ( 65.91K ) Number of downloads: 99

It seems that there is only piano in this midi.

As a Little update i have learned 30 parts of the lesson and i am trying to learn to connect them togheter. When i have learned all the parts i will start working on the things i have problem with and really focus on them.

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2013, 06:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Oct 13 2013, 01:38 PM) *
It seems that there is only piano in this midi.

Hi mate, this file need to be open with a daw. There you will have all the tracks separated and you can assign different instruments (ez drummer for drums, hallion for other instruments, even you can use your soundcard's midi synth) and you are also able to edit them, change tempo, tonality, and make loops. Does it make sense?

QUOTE (superize @ Oct 13 2013, 01:38 PM) *
As a Little update i have learned 30 parts of the lesson and i am trying to learn to connect them togheter. When i have learned all the parts i will start working on the things i have problem with and really focus on them.

This sounds really good! The best would be to create a backing loop for the trickier parts like Rhapsody and Dragonforce and add both of them to your diary routine. That's why I was thinking that having the midi file would be good. You can export a loop of the backing at many tempos.

When is the new audio sample coming? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 13 2013, 06:18 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 14 2013, 06:19 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 13 2013, 06:17 PM) *
Hi mate, this file need to be open with a daw. There you will have all the tracks separated and you can assign different instruments (ez drummer for drums, hallion for other instruments, even you can use your soundcard's midi synth) and you are also able to edit them, change tempo, tonality, and make loops. Does it make sense?

This sounds really good! The best would be to create a backing loop for the trickier parts like Rhapsody and Dragonforce and add both of them to your diary routine. That's why I was thinking that having the midi file would be good. You can export a loop of the backing at many tempos.

When is the new audio sample coming? smile.gif

Yeah that make sense.

I might make a new audio sample tonight

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2013, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Oct 14 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Yeah that make sense.

I might make a new audio sample tonight

Cool! Looking forward it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 15 2013, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 15 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Cool! Looking forward it! smile.gif

Here it is

http://snd.sc/1bv7krQ

This is the full lesson played at 125 bpm. I skipped the sweep picking part in the Dragonforce lesson since i cant play that at all at this speed.

Its recorded in one take except for the last two bands since i fucked up pretty bad on thoose

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2013, 11:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Oct 15 2013, 01:05 PM) *
Here it is

http://snd.sc/1bv7krQ

This is the full lesson played at 125 bpm. I skipped the sweep picking part in the Dragonforce lesson since i cant play that at all at this speed.

Its recorded in one take except for the last two bands since i fucked up pretty bad on thoose

Awesome job mate!! I think that most of the parts are sounding perfect now! You will have to start a strong Sweep Picking training if you want to master the Rhapsody an Dragonforce parts. I think that the other parts are ready for a faster tempo. Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 23 2013, 06:07 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have increased the tempo the 140 bpm.

The dragonforce sweep picking part i can play at about 80 bpm. its a very slow process

https://soundcloud.com/isac-lundqvist/power-metal-140-bpm

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 23 2013, 08:32 AM
Instructor
Hey Ize and Gabe smile.gif First off, congrats to Ize for the endeavor - if you master it, you are one hell of a player, mate biggrin.gif

Now, I would like you guys to receive Opetholic in this thread as he is working on the lesson as well and he did a great job so far smile.gif He doesn't know about this thread probably, so I recommended it to him. Here's his take:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...sg&id=34020

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2013, 02:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 23 2013, 04:32 AM) *
Hey Ize and Gabe smile.gif First off, congrats to Ize for the endeavor - if you master it, you are one hell of a player, mate biggrin.gif

Now, I would like you guys to receive Opetholic in this thread as he is working on the lesson as well and he did a great job so far smile.gif He doesn't know about this thread probably, so I recommended it to him. Here's his take:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...sg&id=34020

Cool to know that he is working on the lesson too!! The link is not working for me.

QUOTE (superize @ Oct 23 2013, 02:07 AM) *

The dragonforce sweep picking part i can play at about 80 bpm. its a very slow process

Hey mate! congrats on this take! except for those sweeps the other parts are sounding really good!! How many time a day are you practicing this one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2013, 02:47 PM
Instructor
I found Opetholic's link!

https://soundcloud.com/opetholic/40-metal-bands-practice-115

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 23 2013, 02:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Oct 23 2013, 07:07 AM) *

Isac - this is an epic journey! smile.gif

I fully support you towards mastering this lesson. Your playing sounds very good for the most part. I especially like the fast riffing parts, your rhythm is very tight. Keep practicing by isolating problematic parts and please keep us updated here in the thread with your progress.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2013, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 23 2013, 10:49 AM) *
Isac - this is an epic journey! smile.gif

I fully support you towards mastering this lesson. Your playing sounds very good for the most part. I especially like the fast riffing parts, your rhythm is very tight. Keep practicing by isolating problematic parts and please keep us updated here in the thread with your progress.

yeah! it's really cool to see that 2 GMCers are already working on this one! I hope to see more guys submitting takes here!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2013, 10:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 23 2013, 01:47 PM) *

I wrote him about this thread in a PM smile.gif Let's hope he doesn't shy away and he will come over and talk about his progress!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:01 PM