Hmm. So You Wanna See Fast ?, Chris Impellitteri
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 5 2007, 12:37 AM
GMC:er
Pretty fast shredder. has a decent feel to his playing, huge runs. What more could you want tongue.gif ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=romUN9aH8bw

and for those shredders who want to learn> be sure to check this out > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...IS+IMPELLITTERI

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 5 2007, 12:41 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 4 2007, 07:37 PM) *
Pretty fast shredder. has a decent feel to his playing, huge runs. What more could you want tongue.gif ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=romUN9aH8bw
and for those shredders who want to learn> be sure to check this out > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...IS+IMPELLITTERI

I love his cover of "Over the Rainbow" ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 5 2007, 04:40 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The guy has amaing technique and is VERY Talented, But he has probably one of the worst guitar tones ive ever heard, and sometimes his stuff seems like alot of exercises played one after another, just my oppinion but, i sense a total lack of effort, emotion, and thought in his individual songs.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jun 5 2007, 05:42 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 4 2007, 06:37 PM) *
for those shredders who want to learn> be sure to check this out > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...IS+IMPELLITTERI

Chris absolutely hates that Speed Soloing instructional. He admits to being completely high during the filming of all of it.

Anyway, I like aspects of Chris' playing. Unfortunately he has tone like a chainsaw, and he's said that's how he wants it to sound. And his playing was pretty sloppy but he cleaned it up by the third album or so, now he really flys. He has a lot of pure wankery type music, but also some really good songs and gems to find on every album.

Check him out here with Rob Rock.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 5 2007, 07:21 AM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Jun 4 2007, 11:42 PM) *
Chris absolutely hates that Speed Soloing instructional. He admits to being completely high during the filming of all of it.

Anyway, I like aspects of Chris' playing. Unfortunately he has tone like a chainsaw, and he's said that's how he wants it to sound. And his playing was pretty sloppy but he cleaned it up by the third album or so, now he really flys. He has a lot of pure wankery type music, but also some really good songs and gems to find on every album.

Check him out here with Rob Rock.

that singer demonstrates just how dangerous it is for a man to spend too much time in very tight leather pants.

edit:

a bit off topic, but on the subject of leather pants, this is an old ebay ad that i saw a long time ago. feel it it was the funniest one i have seen on ebay.

http://tornandfrayed.typepad.com/tornandfr...leather_tr.html

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 5 2007, 07:36 AM

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 5 2007, 07:47 AM
man that tone is terrible. Playing was gay too. Sure he got speed but they all blend together that you cant distinguish shit from what hes playing.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 5 2007, 09:38 PM
Ha ha ik ik , I NEVER said anything about his tone being good maybe a Revised title would be ..

Hmm. So you Wanna See A Robot play fast with the worst tone alive ? Then this is the thread for you ! biggrin.gif

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 5 2007, 09:56 PM
Instructor
I like Chris's stuff. But the REH instructional is too sloppy. Today he kicks serious ass. And i love his studio work. You have to listen his songs - awesome riffs and solos!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 6 2007, 12:16 AM
ill do so, link ?

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jun 6 2007, 01:30 AM
http://www.rapture.net/impellitteri/audio/...ken_section.mp3

http://troygrady.com/snd/4-walkaway.mp3

http://troygrady.com/snd/4-walkaway-slow.mp3

“I started playing guitar after my mom and dad died when I was 9 years old. My grandmother thought I needed an escape from my tragic past so she bought me an electric guitar to replace my parents.”

-- Chris Impellitteri

"The new IMPELLITTERI recording, titled 'Good and Evil', is proceeding nicely. We are recording at the Village Recorders in Los Angeles. Also, there is a BIG SURPRISE as to who is singing in the band!! Beware!!

"We are recording 13 fast riff crazy tunes with all of the IMPELLITTERI signature shredding guitar solos, screaming vocals, pounding drums, brutal bass, with a lot of melody thrown in. And we are actually working with a co-producer, who is giving us some new and welcome input!! SHRED ON!!!

"Chris is featured in the June issue (on news stands now!!) of Guitar One magazine with RUSH on the cover. It is officially the magazine's last issue, so thanks, Guitar One, for including Impellitteri. They have some solo ideas based on the 'Play with Fire' riff, which actually should be based on the 'Black' IMPELLITTERI EP not 'Stand in Line'. The EP has the better version!!

"[The 'Play with Fire' solo] was one of those crazy solos that started it all. Every shredder seems to have that IMPELLITTERI 'Black' EP which was one of the most enjoyable discs we made because we were so poor and we just played live with virtually all room mics. Crude, rude, and taking it too the limit with everything.

"Anyways, the new disc is going to sound huge and it will shock you from start to finish.

"We also posted some free songs on the audio section for anyone to rip. So, please enjoy!! In addition we posted the bootleg footage of IMPELLITTERI's infamous 'Screaming Symphony - Instrumental' and 'Space Jazz Bulldozer' live videos for all of you youtube fanatics. The bootlegs where actually recorded by some audience member at a convention we were playing as a favor to JBL. It is funny how many people watch that thing, it is becoming a cult classic."

http://www.rapture.net/impellitteri/

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Jun 6 2007, 01:31 AM

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 6 2007, 03:17 AM
As always, thanks

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 6 2007, 02:35 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ok i have to admit some of his newer stuff is actually quite good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:55 PM