I'm Down Once Again...
TheReturnFC-Iban...
Jan 8 2008, 02:28 PM
GMC:er
Well guys,
Since i joined this community i could figure out something here more...
I has been 6 months that i have really improved with scales and more about music notation and some theories.... It's almost finish for my first year of playing.

However, when i come to Jamming or playing alone...(i'm in a band as a bass....however i don't wish to do that) I felt so bad that i'm stuck with too much of bending and vibrate with strings alot... I'm usually stuck with same beats that i know in my head.

I also didn't cover songs at all since 4 months ago.... I listen to too many kind of songs.... and i like them all...but i could just play them.... Every times i always have a hard time with trying to figuring out the music notation rhythm and position of hand and fingers...

I try to workout with metronome so much....but it never been better...no increasing in speeds or accuracy much although i tried everyday...i couldn't fit my finger properly.... and i can't fit my speed with metronome even i tried at 70bpm...

Well...so far i'm down for almost 2 weeks...i think i should give myself a week off...but i felt guitar is almost a part of body already....

I really wanna know what do first year of people playing electric guitar(know chord and some rhythm before) could do???

My friends here which plays music with me, usually comment me to be technique man rather than playing....(well, i know too much about guitar....structures...pick up...innovations[but not much but i know much more than someone who has been playing for 4 years- -''])

Somewhat, as a member of the band....which i didn't really do want to be....i wish to play some songs but i always felt that these ppl in the band won't be helping at all... I wanted to play guitar...not bass so far...i learned everything by myself here and some others resources.... but i'm not so happy with what i have now...i felt i have to improve...but i'm blinded...now...

I wish to know some comments....i cannot figure out my scheule for practice much...i'm not able to learn something new every days....

thank for reading and suggestions.....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 8 2008, 02:54 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Motivation is probably imo the hardest part of playing the guitar, you need to find lessons/techniques etc that interest you and you really want to learn how to play, dont be put off by the opening video in any of the lessons if you think that it is too hard for you to play, each lesson as you know has slower backing tracks, just start off really slowly with them smile.gif

try and stick with it, you will see an improvement, sometimes things take a lot longer than you hoped, but working on a great lesson and nailing it will give you the greatest pleasure and motivate you to keep on going.

Jamming will come with knowledge and experience, the more you do it the better you`ll become, just dont get put off by your other band members/friends.

As far as a practice schedule, I`ll point you in the direction of Mattacuks wiki article HERE really informative and should help you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 8 2008, 03:04 PM
Can't make a schedule for you. You must find a way that suits you. I'm on my first year too so I can't give you examples from experience.

My way is some scale or finger exercises from Pavel or Muris for example then trying to learn some new songs. Mostly I'm working on learning 2 or 3 songs at a time (at a looong time) that I really like to play. The goal set is to learn the complete song, but if I get bored with it or I find it to hard for my level I'll leave it for a while and do something else and I return to it later when I've learned more. The most important to me is that I play for fun so if I don't think it's fun I won't play it for long and I think better then being totally bored and eventually putting the guitar away I move on to play something else.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 8 2008, 11:10 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 8 2008, 10:54 PM) *
As far as a practice schedule, I`ll point you in the direction of Mattacuks wiki article HERE really informative and should help you.

Yes Matt's article is very thorough and well written - should help anyone setting up their practise routines a great deal.

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
TheReturnFC-Iban...
Jan 10 2008, 01:04 AM
yea it's very nice thx wiki....

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Jan 10 2008, 01:43 AM
Well one of the ways I really got better was (assuming you have guitar pro) to download the music for a song you like and learn it at a speed you can handle then gradual move up the bpm until youve got it at full speed, dont be afraid to try some songs that seem very hard also

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 10 2008, 02:04 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Don't be so down..You can't expect to always learn something new that is really visible in your playing...I think you got used to learning new things and missed things that you improved that are not visible much like when you learn new technique like tapping..Every I mean every practice makes you better..If don't feel like taking a rest from practicing don't! Take some backing tracks and practice soloing (playing scales)...Yeah , improvisation takes practice too!
For the practice method take a paper (notebook) and write in what you want to do every day and for how many hours..And try to do it..For the band part , what can I say..I don't think you should do something against your will..If you don't like playing bass just tell them ...But than again playing in a band is a wonderful thing so I would suggest you think it over..

After all we all get down from time to time..Its great to be a technique man especially after your first year of playing..And he maybe just don't want to admit that you are good..Just keep going and greater results will come over time..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 10 2008, 02:59 AM
Instructor
Not too many reasons to be worried indeed. smile.gif

I got into first band after...hmm...about 3-4 years of playing.
AND I was straight technical player for more than 6-7 years,
wit small injections by Knopfler or Gilmour here and there.

Later on I actually "felt" what I play,and that comes with age and time.

About motivation,just watch some concert you like,player you admire etc,
I'm sure you'll find some boost in it. wink.gif

Chin up and rock on!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 10 2008, 03:08 AM
1 year of lessons and $5000 worth of gear doesn't qualify anyone for a band. Just like how language classes don't qualify you to go to a country and communicate fluently. It takes time your time and enjoy what you are doing, don't worry about getting into bands and all that until you are confident that you are ready.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 10 2008, 03:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:33 PM