Mastering Diatonic Pattern
carminemarotta
Feb 19 2012, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
Hi Ivan
I am starting the tutorial Mastering Diatonic Pattern, caged system.
Now, my teacher gave me the major scale and his fingerings his very similar to yours but not the same. for example in the box 4 he plays the F at the first fret of the high e and not at the 6th fret of the b string. He is not following the caged system, I know, but is there any reason for this difference?
Can you also point me to a lesson at GMC where the scale is used "in a real contest", just t to see how is used and to avoid going just up and down it?

Thanks
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: Feb 19 2012, 10:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 20 2012, 07:39 PM
Instructor
Hey my friend,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I'm still running fever. REgarding the questions, sure, it's possible to play it both ways. Either way is just fine, just depends on the fingering you are more comfortable with. Sometimes, a note transferred to other string in the same pattern can mean a bigger stretch. IMO, it's best to learn both fingerings well, since they will "meet" in real situations in the long run.

Regarding lessons, here's one great lesson from Pedja, sounds awesome, and has some great concepts too along the way:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/jazz_l...v_i_in_d_major/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:49 PM