Electric "sparks" When Touching The Strings
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 18 2013, 06:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey guys - this one is just out of curiosity.
It happened to me 100x times that sometimes when I'm playing a bass (or guitar), if I would touch the strings with my left hand - there would be a sort of "electric spark/shock" kind of sound. Just like a small crack at the moment my hand makes first contact with something metal on the guitar. If I keep my right hand on the strings, these cracks/sparks stop.

I was interested in learning why this happens exactly and how to stop it from happening? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 18 2013, 06:27 PM
GMC:er
Sounds like a slight Earthing problem, also it may be that you have a naturally high level of Static Electricity in your body that earths out as soon as you touch your strings. Check all your Earth joints and re-solder if necessary!
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 19 2013, 01:31 AM
Instructor
This is happening to me, but not in these circumstances, but when entering into the car ! Ignition switch and boom! As Neil says, it's a
static electricity, but also the clothes you're wearing at that moment - wool and synthetics creates a lot of static electricity, so be careful smile.gif !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2013, 03:11 AM
Instructor
yes! this really happens to me, and it's even more powerful sometimes when it happens touching another person... I knew that if was something about static Electricity but I've never asked myself how this really was generated... it's so curious.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:33 PM