2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Korg Pandora Px5d
DeepRoots
Mar 12 2008, 09:19 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Well, i started working alot of overtime to be able to afford some new gear- and when my dad asked me what it was i was saving up for the first thing i showed him was the pandora.

Two days later: guess what i got in the mail?

I couldn't believe he bought it, but i'll not make him return it wink.gif ( i have to pay him back anyways)

I've been playing around with this thing for hours on end, playing with the presets, modifying tones, saving new presets, original rhythm chains and editing those chains using the software.....

There really is alot to this unit- and the USB connectivity is awesome- being able to use it record straight to my DAW is an obvious plus aswell as being able to edit all the presets for tones/rhthym chains in a nice handy software package is definitely convenient.

Even though i've been playing around with this thing for a while i feel i've barely scratched the surface- but when i'm more comfortable with it i'll be sure to post an in depth review wink.gif

If anybody's got any questions about the PX5d i'll try help you out, i really do reccomend this as a first audio interface/amp and effects modeller smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Mar 12 2008, 09:31 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Mar 12 2008, 04:19 PM) *
I've been playing around with this thing for hours on end, playing with the presets, modifying tones, saving new presets, original rhythm chains and editing those chains using the software.....

This is exactly why I don't have one of these.

I learned early on that the more things I have to fiddle with, the less time I spend actually working on what I'm supposed to be working on. If I'm working on technique, I even have to stay away from my amp. Too much stuff to fiddle with.

Some day I'll get some discipline. tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 12 2008, 09:35 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Mar 12 2008, 08:31 PM) *
This is exactly why I don't have one of these.

I learned early on that the more things I have to fiddle with, the less time I spend actually working on what I'm supposed to be working on. If I'm working on technique, I even have to stay away from my amp. Too much stuff to fiddle with.

Some day I'll get some discipline. tongue.gif

Well, its easy enough to plug in and play- but i want to try and get my moneys worth...i might aswell explore everything it can do.

Its nice to play around with when you've got 5 minutes or when you're too beered up to practise (right now) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 12 2008, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Congrats the px5d looks seems like an awesome gadget indeed, I've been thinking myself of getting either the px4d or px5d lately, specially after listening to some of the great lessons our instructors have recorded using these little devices.

Just one question:
Does it include the foot switch?
And the power adapter?

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 12 2008, 10:02 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 12 2008, 08:46 PM) *
Congrats the px5d looks seems like an awesome gadget indeed, I've been thinking myself of getting either the px4d or px5d lately, specially after listening to some of the great lessons our instructors have recorded using these little devices.

Just one question:
Does it include the foot switch?
And the power adapter?

Neither I'm afraid,
however.

you can choose on the pandora using a slider at the top whether you want to power it using the batteries or using the usb cable- you can plug in the cable to your computer and carry on using the pandora through the headphones (and not use it through the computer) which i find isnt a hassle for me.

For the footswitch- i'm not sure whether i'll get it, though it may be something i could get in a while im quite happy with the 4 program memory buttons at the front- for quick selection of your 4 favourite settings (though ofcourse you cant do this handsfree).

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 13 2008, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Congrats Deep,give us review! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 16 2008, 11:02 AM
Instructor
Congrats Deep smile.gif

I think that the foot switch is for change of amp simulators only, not for effects unsure.gif

Review please biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 17 2008, 08:48 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Sounds nice, congratulations smile.gif

As Muris and Dejan said, it would be nice with a review smile.gif

+Quote Post
Casper
May 28 2008, 07:03 PM
I just got one of these yesterday. Really awesome FX and really easy to use

--------------------
Guitars:EsP-LtD F-2E, Jackson King V, Fender Strat

MFX: Pandora PX5D, Zoom 505. Sennheiser HD25 mk II Headphones

Blown Amp :(

+Quote Post
cadaha
Oct 23 2008, 02:46 PM
Hi

I recieved mine 2 days ago and am enjoying it. I use the usb to edit the effects settings and set the chains so I can jam to drums and base, great for getting you used to playing within a band environment (albeit fake but makes you listen to the rythmn)

I have the output sent to my PC soundcard mic input so I can play as loud as I want without disturbing the neighbours. All in all a great tool for me. If anyone knows of the way to send the guitar sound through the PX5D USB instaed of through the output please let me know.

With regards to the footswitches, I have 2 Boss FS-5U switches that I bought at the same time and they can be configured im PX5d as follows (make sure that the polarity is the same on both switches).

1. PG: with this setting you can up/down between the 4 program memory patches that you set.
2. Ud: with this setting you can up/down between all 100 user created patches U00 - U99
3. SS: the footswitches will start/stop recording and play back for phase training.

I have mine set to the 4 patches set in the program memory.

What I would really like is for the more experienced guys out there to share their patch settings on the PXd5, I would really like a John Petrucci Lead patch and rythmn patch.

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 23 2008, 04:27 PM
You don't need to connect the px5d to the your soundcard, the px5d is a sound interface on its own.

Just install the midi driver included on the CD, and then plug the px5d into one of your computer's USB ports. It should be recognized as "Pandora px5d", and all you need to hear it is to plug pandora's outpue either to some speakers, headphones or guitar amp.

That way you can record what you play using pandora's asio drivers in Reaper, etc.

Good luck wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
cadaha
Oct 26 2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Fran.

Sounds good but what I really want to do is listen to the PX5D effects as I liten to backing tracks/songs through my sound card and I cannot hear the backing tracks etc through the headphones if I don't sent the output into the soundcard mic and then listen through the soundcard.

Got a couple of Petrucci settings.

1. Amp: Gt US Modern
Gain 7.3
Bass 5.3
Treble 4.3
Volume 6.0
Middle 4.0

Cabinet Gt 4x12 Modern
Presence 0

Delay Ping Pong Delay 5
FX Level 7.0
Time 600ms

NR 5.0

2. Same as above but with delay set at 460ms

3. Amp Gt US Modern
Gain 7.3
Bass 5.3
Treble 4.3
Volume 6.0
Middle 4.0

Cabinet Gt US Modern
Presence 0

Delay Ping Pong Delay 1
Level 5.0
Time 20ms

NR 5.0

If anyone can enhance these please do as I'm just tweaking at the moment.

Thx

This post has been edited by cadaha: Oct 26 2008, 02:08 PM

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Oct 26 2008, 02:53 PM

Any opinions on whether it's worth spending the extra money for a pod x3, given all the positive reviews for the px5d?

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 26 2008, 03:13 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I would have liked to go for the x3- purely because there are so many tones out there being shared around.

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 26 2008, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (cadaha @ Oct 26 2008, 01:53 PM) *
Hi Fran.
Sounds good but what I really want to do is listen to the PX5D effects as I liten to backing tracks/songs through my sound card and I cannot hear the backing tracks etc through the headphones if I don't sent the output into the soundcard mic and then listen through the soundcard.

Oh, I see what you mean. What I do to listen to everything (pandora sound and computer backings) at the same time is to connect the computers sound into the pandora through pandora's aux input, with a simple minijack-mimijack cable.

QUOTE (Resurrection @ Oct 26 2008, 02:53 PM) *
Any opinions on whether it's worth spending the extra money for a pod x3, given all the positive reviews for the px5d?

I bet X3 sounds better.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Oct 27 2008, 10:32 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Oct 26 2008, 03:13 PM) *
I would have liked to go for the x3- purely because there are so many tones out there being shared around.

Fair point - there does seem to be a big "tone community" for the X3 smile.gif
Thanks!

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jun 23 2009, 11:57 AM
I know this is a old thread but... I need help!

I'm also a PX5D owner, and I've lost the CD that comes with it. I've been looking for the drivers across internet and I can find only the MIDI driver...

Anyone kind enough to upload a copy of the drivers? I mean the drivers that Win XP asks for, the first time you plug the pandora into an USB... not the USB-MIDI, those are in the net.

Cannot understand why Korg didn't put that on their site.

Please, anyone willing to help?

Best regards!

Xose

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post
ftlog80
Jun 23 2009, 03:07 PM
I can upload to rapidshare tonight.
I'll mail the link.

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jun 23 2009, 04:19 PM
There is a "bonus" preset file that comes with the downloaded software. If any of you missed it, just double click on the file PX5D Extra Program.px5p. You will see an extra tab in the patch list with the extras.

I monitor with headphones direct from the Pandora, and use the USB to send backing audio, etc. to the Pandora.

The sound quality of the Pandora through studio quality headphones is startlingly realistic, but I'm finding it difficult to capture the "fullness" of the sound through the USB into the DAW.

I take it with me to my guitar lessons and my teacher is amazed by it's tone and especially impressed with it when I program into the rythym chain a backing for a lesson we're working on! smile.gif

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jun 24 2009, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (ftlog80 @ Jun 23 2009, 03:07 PM) *
I can upload to rapidshare tonight.
I'll mail the link.

Thanks!!

Hmmmm.... WinXP keeps asking for a driver when I plug the unit... sad.gif

Arrrgh... so frustrating!

Thanks for the file anyway!

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:49 PM