5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Designing My Website, Any suggestions?
Pavel
Jul 5 2007, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I started making a new design for my website and here is what i came up with! Please have a look and tell me what you think! Forms, color suggestions - all is welcome! smile.gif

http://pavel910.homeftp.net/HFS%20Sharing/Website/index.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 5 2007, 10:15 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well I like the layout alot! but im really not too sure on the colour scheme - specifically ists not easy to read the text. I think it would be good to have your picture in the banner also, that way you are likely to remember the site more! The more you can link the design to yourself and you interests the better! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 5 2007, 10:18 PM
GMC:er
I would personally go for something very simple.

Like for instance: http://creepcolony.net/

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 5 2007, 10:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey pavel, I do some 2d design/graphics art stuff (though I don't have much experience with websites, some but not much). If you want I might be able to do some images for you or something. I agree with mattacuk, the text is a bit hard to read. Also I have to say I'm not digging the background too much tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 5 2007, 10:26 PM
Instructor
I am always having troubles with the content part design. I like the way the header tuned out but i never know how to make the damn text part!

Ok i removed it from that link and will try to work some more on the text part. Will keep you updated! Thanks for replies!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 5 2007, 10:29 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
LanceB
Jul 5 2007, 10:32 PM
Hey Pavel if you ever have problems with color try using this web page:

Colorblender

It builds a palette around a color you choose.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 5 2007, 10:40 PM
Pavel, the link wont work anymore.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 5 2007, 10:52 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
How about a movie clip of you with the guitar and you say "Are you ready" and then you play a killer riff? laugh.gif

Nah sorry, all I got was 404 not found :-)
Will check again later

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 5 2007, 11:08 PM
Hey Pavel!

If you're not a master of web design you may want to look into a Content Management System like PostNuke which uses PHP.

Here are some examples:

www.sofakinggamers.com
www.predatorial-tendencies.com

You can download skins for free or design your own (which takes learning PHP, I've always just downloaded them)

This takes some time to learn to use PNphp and what not, but probably less than creating your own web from scratch. There is also an addon for forums called pnPHPbb2 which are really, really easy to add-on.

This post has been edited by AIB234: Jul 5 2007, 11:13 PM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 5 2007, 11:26 PM
Instructor
Thank you all for your links and suggestions! I just got a killer idea for a design! Work in progress and i already see it's gonna be 100 times better than the last one! I removed the previous file - i will let you all know when i put a sample of a new one! Thank you again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 5 2007, 11:52 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 5 2007, 04:26 PM) *
Thank you all for your links and suggestions! I just got a killer idea for a design! Work in progress and i already see it's gonna be 100 times better than the last one! I removed the previous file - i will let you all know when i put a sample of a new one! Thank you again!

ok Pavel, we'll be waiting!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 01:00 AM
Instructor
Ok, turned out to be ready pretty soon! There it is:

http://pavel910.homeftp.net/Website/index.html

I really like it now!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 6 2007, 01:04 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 5 2007, 06:00 PM) *
Ok, turned out to be ready pretty soon! There it is:

http://pavel910.homeftp.net/Website/index.html

I really like it now!! smile.gif

looks great, but in my opinion i think you should go for a "Technological" layout, idk if you have seen them, they have like metal borders with tubes, glass, lights and whatnot, i used to design stuff like these back when i was very interested in it.

But still, looks great Pavel, specially the font and effect of the title, great job man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 01:07 AM
Instructor
Well i am not a big pro in Photoshop so for now i will stick to this simple design! Thanks for comments!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 6 2007, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 5 2007, 06:07 PM) *
Well i am not a big pro in Photoshop so for now i will stick to this simple design! Thanks for comments!

i used to do stuff like these, i would gladly make you a cool design, but unfortunately its been a long time since i use Photoshop, tried it a while ago but cant remember anything. So yea i guess you should stick to that design, simple but effective! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jul 6 2007, 01:22 AM
pretty sick website!!

"Welcome to the Pavel Denisjuk website!
Interested in shred? You're at the right place!"
i love that line! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Aaron: Jul 6 2007, 01:23 AM

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 02:05 AM
Instructor
Ok from now on you can see the progress on my new website using the official link: http://www.pavel-music.info/

I decided to upload it even if it's only the main page - but i like this design so much that i want to get rid of the old one! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 12:17 PM
Instructor
Biography section is updated so if you want to read some - check it out!

http://www.pavel-music.info/

EDIT: a friend of mine gave me a link to some "metal surface" tutorial so i checked it out and created a better version for my site. Now it looks just like it should i think!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 6 2007, 06:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 6 2007, 06:57 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't like all the rips and stuff in the metal, TBH. The metal looks good because it looks solid and strong, but when it has a bunch of rips in it like that, it doesn't look like solid metal but more like tin foil or paper tongue.gif But it's definitely looking better!

Also, I personally find the italics a little harder to read, but that could just be me. One thing about your bio page that needs changing is you (I think) want it to look pretty professional. Meaning you need to go back through and change those i's to I's and whatnot, but mostly it looks very good.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 6 2007, 06:59 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 6 2007, 01:57 PM) *
I don't like all the rips and stuff in the metal, TBH. The metal looks good because it looks solid and strong, but when it has a bunch of rips in it like that, it doesn't look like solid metal but more like tin foil or paper tongue.gif But it's definitely looking better!

Also, I personally find the italics a little harder to read, but that could just be me. One thing about your bio page that needs changing is you (I think) want it to look pretty professional. Meaning you need to go back through and change those i's to I's and whatnot, but mostly it looks very good.

JVM is the Tough Critic...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:31 AM