Kiko's Audition For Megadeth....
Gabriel Leopardi
May 4 2016, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Hey friends! I've just found this interesting article where Kiko says really clever words about how to fit in a band that is already working.

Check it out here: http://teamrock.com/news/2016-04-27/megade...during-audition

Megadeth guitarist Kiko Loureiro has recalled how his audition for Dave Mustaine didn’t include playing his instrument.

The Angra member was recruited last year following the departure of Chris Broderick, and he appears on 15th album Dystopia alongside guest drummer Chris Adler from Lamb Of God.

Loureiro tells WSOU: “People are always asking, ‘How is it to work with Mustaine?’ He has this reputation because sometimes he says stuff that people don’t agree with. But to be honest, Dave, he’s just a super gentleman.

“When I met him the first time, when I was kind of auditioning, we just hung for a day in Nashville. He was showing me Nashville – we had lunch, we had coffee, beer at night.

“I hung with him the whole day. I didn’t play at all for my, let’s say, audition. I discovered a very sharp guy, very intelligent. He’s very into politics, he’s very sharp in the music business in general, and he’s a gentleman.”

Once he’d been invited to join Megadeth, Loureiro took his time before starting to contribute any music. “I was more observing and trying to understand,” he says. “Embracing his ideas and trying to make it a little better, if possible – respecting his input in general.

“I just found a good way to interact with him. It was really easy to work with him. He’s an interesting person, so you need some time to understand.”

Have you ever joined a band that was already formed? How was your experience?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 7 2016, 06:44 PM
GMC:er
I joined a band called GNOSTIC years ago that had members of ATHEIST and other bands in it and I came in last. I learned one thing. NEVER outshine the other guitar player if you were not first to the table. smile.gif It seems to be what drove Broderick out of Megadeth. He just new better. If he starts writing and playing wrings around Dave Mustaine, Dave would just replace him with someone else.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2016, 06:57 PM
Instructor
Is that the real reason why he is out?

I honestly never liked Chris in Megadeth, and I don't consider him better than Friedman or Loureiro, just different, much more technical but there is something lacking on him for Megadeth. Don't you feel so?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:41 PM