> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

In the Style of Black Sabbath, Lesson By Marcus Siepen
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Olivier777
Jan 25 2012, 09:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: In the Style of Black Sabbath by Marcus Siepen

Hi there !

This is my second take here on GMC, as you will hear it is not perfect thought it is one of my best take so far... I got an issue at 1:03 by sometime doing unwanted harmonic with my pinky on the A string at the 7th fret.

I had some fun playing with chroma key special effects using Vegas pro. The dark cathedral in the background was handcrafted by a friend, you will also see him fighting an ogre in the back smile.gif Next time I'll probably try to set my guitar on fire while playing some killer riffs from hell. biggrin.gif

This take was recorded with pod GX using reaper for audio recording.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Olivier777: Jan 25 2012, 09:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 25 2012, 10:49 AM
Instructor
Hehehe biggrin.gif What a cool setup for a dark Black Sabbath take! Your take is on the good way but i would definitely underline the fact that your articulation should be a spot where you have to work on a bit more - bending and vibrato that is, so take a little more time to perfect those. For bending I have to recommend our new team mate Alex's post: Bending exercise

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2012, 03:54 PM
Instructor
Hey friend! That's a great video montage! The take is good but there are some fix to improve on your playing. Your vibrato technique should be wider, you are vibrating very softly. Your alternate picking technique also need some work, the faster parts sound out of timing and it seems that both hands lost synchronism or maybe you pick with less strength when the part is more difficult. There are some little timing issues so you should also pay attention to it... btw the take sound good! this are only details to take your playing to a new level!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 25 2012, 10:51 PM
Instructor
I noticed you visually after 15 seconds, LOL , great video! The first thing is that your hands are not in sync. Need to practice alternate picking, that every phrase sounds tight and in timing! Also pay attention to the vibrato,you need just a little bit practicing to bring it to perfection. Keep practicing wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 25 2012, 11:24 PM
Instructor
Hey, that's a great video! smile.gif Well done mate! smile.gif I like the way you did riffs and solo is OK too. I think it can be a bit more tighter, and as others said, bending and vibrato needs to be more pronounced and precise. Try working on riffs and vibratos on a bit more slower tempo, and you'll see improvement.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 29 2012, 08:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Olivier777 @ Jan 25 2012, 08:27 AM) *
Original lesson: In the Style of Black Sabbath by Marcus Siepen

Hi there !

This is my second take here on GMC, as you will hear it is not perfect thought it is one of my best take so far... I got an issue at 1:03 by sometime doing unwanted harmonic with my pinky on the A string at the 7th fret.

I had some fun playing with chroma key special effects using Vegas pro. The dark cathedral in the background was handcrafted by a friend, you will also see him fighting an ogre in the back smile.gif Next time I'll probably try to set my guitar on fire while playing some killer riffs from hell. biggrin.gif

This take was recorded with pod GX using reaper for audio recording.

Very creative video! I like it!
The thing is when tony iommi plays he uses almost a clean sound and most of the game is coming from his hands
what you can try to develop is to use less distortion and try to bring your attack up!
Also work a little more on your timing! Other that that everything was great!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 29 2012, 08:46 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.25 on this attempt man..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:46 AM