3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Farewell Gmc, I Am Leaving This Site..., 3,5 years - it was one hell of a ride!
ZakkWylde
Nov 30 2010, 10:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
Guys and Gals I am sorry to announce that I will no longer visit this homepage.
I can't afford the new subscription price as a university student and my free Most Valued Contributer Account is not going to be prolongued because it seems my helpfull activity has decreased (ofcourse I think diffrent but I don't make the decisions arround here).
Without an active subscription and the acknowledgment of my dedication for this site and it's Users I best spend my time on my band and my studies in the future...

I have discovered this site when I was just playing guitar for a year an even back then this site offered me everything I needed to become a better guitarist. Kristofer encouraged me to work my way to the top. I learned my first scales from Andrews theory lessons. I learned my fist solo from Gabriels rock lessons. I aquired my sweeping technique from Pavel. I was inspired countless times by Muris increbdible playing. Ivan polished my blues improvisation skills. Trond and Lian made me work on my metal chops until they were tight as hell. I participated in quite a number of colaborations and I recorded myself on camera playing some of the first REC takes. I saw this page expand and grow with all it's ups and downs. I saw instructors come and go, I have experienced an active forum and a forum with only a few posts a day.

I wrote over 3000 answers into the forum. The best and friendliest forum on the whole internet possibly.
Every question I had was answered by the guys from the forum. There isn't a quesiton about Metal The Uncreator doesn't know. MickeM was the one who taught me the first things on my way to becoming a gear freak. Chast was the first German member of my age. Superize inspired me with his countless REC takes and KaznieNL was my partner in crime when we battled against each other in the GMC competitions^^. Oh yeah I won two competitions over the years: wiki writers and GMC improvement contest. Both effect pedals I won are still on my pedalboard

During my time with GMC I became a better guitar player; faster than with any other help may it be a guitar teacher or with books. I aquired skills that made others drop their jaws and I was able to join a band as a lead guitarist. Now I am playing live shows, I write complete songs and all of that because of this great site.
And I auqired knwoledge. Throuh testing, reading, buying and selling guitars and amps, through reviews and opinions from other members and through do it yourself research. After a while I was able to give good and well funded advice on any kind of gear and equipment based on personal experience. It is in fact that quite a lot of GMCers bought their guitar stuff after MY advice, ranging from string gauges to full blow tube amps and expensive guitars, and not once I heard someone complain that it wasn't exactly what they wanted!!!
I earned the nickname *pickup-guru* because I aquired a wide range of knowledge on the subject so that I was able to help a lot of GMCers (and Instructors) with retrofitting their guitars with the pickups that were right for them.

I might look into the board or an interesting lesson occasionally but I won't be posting anymore.

Thanks GMC and all you Guys, it was a wonderfull time!
Goodbye

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Nov 30 2010, 10:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Wauw, what a great story... Its really sad to see your go. I didnt know you that well, but your answers in topics were always good!
I hope you rock your way trough university!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 30 2010, 10:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
I understand your decision well, and its sad to see you leave. Best of luck with your future and your band. smile.gif
Makes me wonder what the future here looks like. Ive been here for almost two years, and its never been this slow.

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Nov 30 2010, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Nov 30 2010, 11:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
I can't believe it Zakk but I understand your decision.

I'm a University student and money is tight for me at the moment and i have taught about leaving GMC also. I hope everything goes well for you in the future and you are going to leave a big hole of expertise and dedications to this forum.

I can also confirm that you have answered quite a lot of questions I had in the past and I'm still to this day satisfied with your past advices.

Good luck with your life Zakk, it was a privilege to meet you on this forum. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 30 2010, 11:56 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Sad to see You go, I think You were as helpful as always, just had not so much space to prove it, because of the whole "slowdown". Good luck in the future!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Dec 1 2010, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
This IS sad...really sad as I was one of the members here who appreciated your feedback immensely.
As far as I understand it the access to the forum is not linked to an active subscription. So I think if YOU really wanted to you could still be an active member of the forum.....a situation I would really enjoy!
See you round and wish you all the best!

Berglmir

+Quote Post
SensE
Dec 1 2010, 02:00 AM
Hey dude ! Thank you for the contribution. I have had advice from you and I guarantee you will be missed !

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 1 2010, 02:08 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I'll miss our Strat vs. Les Paul debates bro! Sorry to see you go...but in these tough times, we do what we must.

Take care!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
kahall
Dec 1 2010, 03:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Oh no. What am I going to do when I need to know which wire goes where on a new pick up install? Thanks for all the help and good luck.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 1 2010, 04:03 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
This is sad news Zakk but on the other hand, times change. You gotta focus on what you love to do. Good Luck with your new projects. We will definitely miss your awesome advices on gears. smile.gif

Cheers!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Dec 1 2010, 07:58 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sad to see you go ZakkWylde. I've seen you posting on most gear related stuff recently, so I don't understand how you could be accused of decreased activity. The forum has slowed down significantly since I've joined not too long ago, so I guess your posts overall have decreased as well as a consequence.

Anyways, best of luck dude. Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund Deutsche biggrin.gif (sorry if I butchered that wacko.gif )

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Dec 1 2010, 08:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
sad to see you go..! We've been here equally long, but you have far outpost me smile.gif. Good luck with everything...

+Quote Post
Shime
Dec 1 2010, 10:24 AM
Hey man, sad to see you go. But do you really HAVE to? huh.gif

Why not come back as an instructor? cool.gif

Anyway, thanks for all the great advice and best of luck with everything you do!

Shime

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Dec 1 2010, 11:39 AM
Learning Roadie
That is really sad man.You answered all my gear related questions better than anybody else.I would be happy even if i know 1/10th of what you do.
I am sure that many will agree with me that your presence will be missed.
All the best for the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 1 2010, 11:41 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Hey Zakk, best of luck to you smile.gif
I cannot believe you would loose your MVC title!?

You always have great advice, and I always enjoy reading your posts.
Sad to see you go, but that's how it is..

I wish you all the best mate,
and if you wanna stay in touch, send me a PM smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2010, 03:59 PM
Say it isn't so! I really appreciate your input in the forums Zakk. Please come back soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 1 2010, 05:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks a for all the warm words guys. I am gone but I am not out of this world, just drop me a PM if there is anything I can help with!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 1 2010, 05:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Nooooo!! ohmy.gif

Well, I understand your decision. I will miss you. you helped me out a lot. smile.gif Take care buddy! Good luck with those studies. wink.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 1 2010, 06:21 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Sorry to see you go, hope to see you back soon or that you reconcider and decide to stick to the forum at least.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 1 2010, 07:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That sucks man! I loved your gear posts and frankly you were the one guy I trusted when I had questions about pickups or gear in general. Thanks for mentioning me as your partner in crime. I guess I should thank you for sending me a text about winning (or not winning) a competition and helping me out with the fitting of a new pickup in my Ibanez!

I also would like to mention something for the GMC staff:

Giving ZakkWylde a free membership will cost you guys Nothing, whereas the site's value definately rises! Members like ZakkWylde have supported GMC through multiple years and have shown to be more loyal then most instructors! They are also an added value to the forums, which might be GMC's most important source.

My point: Giving ZakkWylde (but not only him) a free membership contributes to GMC. It's extremely cost efficient since the costs are €0,- and the wins are an unvaluable enhancement of GMC in total.

The fact that I do get free subscription for my wiki work, whereas ZakkWylde doesn't seems prety unfair. I do my duties in the wiki and he does his in the forums. I gues his contributions might even be worth more! I want to ask the GMC staff to think about this and maybe do something back to the super loyal members of the community. This isn't only ZakkWylde, but also Superize, tonymiro, audiopaal, MickeM, fkalich, TheUncreator, Skennington, Smells (Chris Evans), OrganizedConfusion, Mattacuk, Eat-sleep-andJam, botoxfox, lcsdds, JVM and Tolek and probably even a few more whom I'm forgetting atm.

Please...

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Dec 1 2010, 07:25 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:54 PM