How To Continue
meandmyguitar
Apr 18 2007, 05:55 PM
GMC:er
my problem is that i'm stuck!

I have masterd the beginner lessons and I practis them every day but the solo and riff lessons are to difficult so i don't really know what to do, i fell like the easy lessons is too easy and the hard is too hard.

what shall I do? I still play every day and my motivation is still there but I can't seem to find my place here.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 18 2007, 07:32 PM
QUOTE (meandmyguitar @ Apr 18 2007, 11:55 AM) *
my problem is that i'm stuck!

I have masterd the beginner lessons and I practis them every day but the solo and riff lessons are to difficult so i don't really know what to do, i fell like the easy lessons is too easy and the hard is too hard.

what shall I do? I still play every day and my motivation is still there but I can't seem to find my place here.

The lessons that are difficult for you are the best ones to work on. Once a lesson is easy for you, you don't gain too much by drilling on it every day....that's just maintenance. Your best bet is to start working on the more difficult lessons. If you're a beginner, and you're looking to do some lead work and some riffing, I'd highly recommend checking out the theory section and at least learn how the major scale operates, and anything in there about pentatonics. Then tackle the pentatonic video lessons. Take it VERY slowly at first, you need to develop accuracy before you worry about speed. When you have a problem or a question, just post it on GMC and someone will help you out.

Good luck and enjoy! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 18 2007, 07:41 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (wheeler @ Apr 18 2007, 02:32 PM) *
The lessons that are difficult for you are the best ones to work on. Once a lesson is easy for you, you don't gain too much by drilling on it every day....that's just maintenance. Your best bet is to start working on the more difficult lessons. If you're a beginner, and you're looking to do some lead work and some riffing, I'd highly recommend checking out the theory section and at least learn how the major scale operates, and anything in there about pentatonics. Then tackle the pentatonic video lessons. Take it VERY slowly at first, you need to develop accuracy before you worry about speed. When you have a problem or a question, just post it on GMC and someone will help you out.

Good luck and enjoy! biggrin.gif

Good advice - and I'd like to emphasize the speed aspect - you can play anything if you slow it down enough. Once you have it at a speed you can manage, practice it every day until you can play it fast enough ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 18 2007, 09:24 PM
When I was done with the beginner lessons I started on the 1on1 pentatonic lessons.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/One_on_on...onic_scale1.htm

They are great, I think that would be a good place to continue.

+Quote Post
kahall
Apr 19 2007, 04:15 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 18 2007, 03:24 PM) *
When I was done with the beginner lessons I started on the 1on1 pentatonic lessons.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/One_on_on...onic_scale1.htm

They are great, I think that would be a good place to continue.

Wow, I did not even know that lesson was there and I still can not find it from the main page. I would have never noticed it had you not posted that link. What section of the site is it in? Anyway, Thanks.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 19 2007, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Apr 19 2007, 03:15 AM) *
Wow, I did not even know that lesson was there and I still can not find it from the main page. I would have never noticed it had you not posted that link. What section of the site is it in? Anyway, Thanks.

In Kris' 1on1 section, page 2 or 3 I think. Just press "Earlier 1on1 lessons" all the way up/down on the site smile.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: Apr 19 2007, 08:58 AM

+Quote Post
meandmyguitar
Apr 19 2007, 05:39 PM
thanks for your advice biggrin.gif

it feels good to know that you can post your issues here and people will help you. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:54 PM