In Memory., Black Sabbath cover.
Gilmore
Dec 28 2008, 03:40 AM
GMC:er
Hi

This is a cover of a little tune from a 1986 Black Sabbath album Seventh Star. This is a great album, but it was originally supposed to be a Tony Iommi solo project, but the record company insisted he used the famous name. Glen Hughes provides outstanding vocal performance. I higly recommend this album, a hidden gem.

But anyway, I covered this track, In Memory. This is my first project using Sonar 8 Producer and I used EZ drummer for drums and tried to get as close to the original drums as possible, and I think it´s pretty close. Guitar Rig 3 is used for all guitar and bass sounds, the accoustic is a little harsh sounding, but it´s hard to get a good accoustic sound recording only direct line through onboard (Ovation) preamp. The song is a little longer then the original, just to make room for some solos of course. wink.gif

Check it out, both my cover and the original if you can get it, it´s a beautiful song. smile.gif

Attached File  In_Memory.mp3 ( 6.63MB ) Number of downloads: 168

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gilmore: Dec 28 2008, 07:54 PM

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:23 AM