> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Advanced Rock Guitar: 16th Shuffle Rock, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Timmez
Mar 13 2021, 08:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Advanced Rock Guitar: 16th Shuffle Rock by Guido Bungenstock

Just another tak of this lesson. i treid to make my hand "dance" more in the middle part. Thanks

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=61709

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2021, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2021, 04:57 AM
GMC:er
Solid work! This is a good size chunk of music to learn. Super congrats on putting it all together. It's a LOT to get straight. The techniques are all over the map and the groove is very tricky. This one has bits that are all about playing "against" the beat. That is what gives a "shuffle" it's vibe. You are not playing on the beat, you are playing directly against the beat. That creates rythmic tension. This same idea can be used in solo work and is what makes some solos so memorable. Playing against the beat is often tricky as it requires very precise timing and the hand keeps wanting to play on the beat. You have to subdivide your sense of timing to play against the clicks in a click track instead of on top of them. This is the exact opposite of what we work on in bootcamp. It's important to embrace this style of play as it's very dynamic and emotive. You do a good job on this and I can see you have put in the time! it's almost ready to go but I'd say play a bit more with a click track during the song and play along with the actual track with guitar in it while your volume is a pinch lower than the lead part to see if your playing lines up with the original. Being able to ghost play these bits is crucial. It's also great training for learning to play anything. You've shown some serious potential here but it could use a bit more refinement. Solid 7!

Todd

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 16 2021, 10:25 AM
GMC Founder
I told you in my feedback for you last attempt this lesson that I was a bit concerned you were pushing speed too much, and this lesson confirms you are indeed doing this.

We are not able to see any progress in the first fast run, this most likely means that if you have been practicing this since the last REC take - you have not made any gains, rather just consolidated an unsynchronized picking technique. So I suggest giving this lesson a break until you have a chance to revise your practicing strategy (we speak about it in various other threads).

I think you have a bit too many complex lessons going on at once, and it is not clear to me you are making any progress. I fear that you will instead get many bad habits into your playing, regarding hand sync, timing, posture etc. I just explained this in more detail here.

I will give you a 5 here, although there are good sections in this lesson - the intro pulls down the overall musical impression.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 26 2021, 06:21 PM
Instructor
Hey again smile.gif

Again - brighter tone would make good - especially to the muted parts.

The run at the beginning is still a mess. It really need to sit weel in your head before it can be executed precisely on guitar.

In general swingy (shuffle) songs prefer to have some lazyness to it (laid back) it is definitely better than being exectly on time or in frotn of the beat but...I'm not 100% condinced if the delay in your slided powerchords isn't just a little to big.

In the first part (main groove i would say) you are quite close with the timing. The issues appearing are mostly with precision. for example - one of notes form powerchord is not fretted well.

In the "chorus" part where you play muted pattern, you should be more carefull with your right hand. Try to keep it more steady so the noise of unwanted strings will not appear. also...Guido's muting is cleaner. There are note you forget to mute.

In the final part is similar issue as in the intro - not enough confidence to play it perfetly in time and precision problems appear as well

+Quote Post
Fran
May 4 2021, 10:17 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:37 AM