13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Kaznie_NL, Uploads and Discussion
lcsdds
May 17 2009, 03:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 17 2009, 02:28 PM) *
haha...

Well If I'm playing on my room with Amp, I have no computer, so I just fiddle for an hour. I'm playing things I know the notes of, for instance the Luke lesson, and I improvise a lot. I should get some drum samples on a cD and play them on my CDplayer, that would be cool smile.gif

The most of my guitar time is behind the PC with GMC. I fiddle a bit, but I also practice lessons a lot. I try to do some recordings on the lukather style, I bail, I practice the fast runs, new record, bail again wink.gif That's about it tongue.gif I'm not really learning more scales, however I should, because I only know the first three boxes, and I use them a lot! I also need to study the fretboard and know every note on every position but.... I can't get myself to do that wink.gif

Interesting Kaz....you could get a processor. Digitech rp250 is relatively cheap.....like $150. Then you could run that through your amp to get some sweet sounds AND it has a drum machine built into it as well. Just a thought....I still think your playing would GREATLY benefit if you would become more disciplined with the KAZ-BOX....you need to get a set-up that makes it easy to use. I know for me that I want to record. I have just spent like the last 2 weeks FINALLY setting up my recording space to make it easy to do. Before it was a real hassle so as a result I didn't do it. Now if I am playing over a backing and I hear something I like all I gotta do press a couple of buttons and I can record it. Also....you really should learn the notes of the neck. Pedja gave us a great link to do this. Don't try to do it in a week. Make a goal that by the end of the year you will know the notes of the neck. Before you go to bed every night or maybe first thing when you wake up get on the link that Pedja gave us and go over 50 notes. Shouldn't take more than 10 min and as you get better at it probably half that. This is what I did Kaz.....and I only just did it in the last year.... tongue.gif laugh.gif It has helped a lot. It is a breeze now to move arpeggio shapes around or even to create my own arpeggio shapes. Give it a shot Kaz.....you'll be a better guitarist for it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 17 2009, 06:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 17 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Interesting Kaz....you could get a processor. Digitech rp250 is relatively cheap.....like $150. Then you could run that through your amp to get some sweet sounds AND it has a drum machine built into it as well. Just a thought....I still think your playing would GREATLY benefit if you would become more disciplined with the KAZ-BOX....you need to get a set-up that makes it easy to use. I know for me that I want to record. I have just spent like the last 2 weeks FINALLY setting up my recording space to make it easy to do. Before it was a real hassle so as a result I didn't do it. Now if I am playing over a backing and I hear something I like all I gotta do press a couple of buttons and I can record it. Also....you really should learn the notes of the neck. Pedja gave us a great link to do this. Don't try to do it in a week. Make a goal that by the end of the year you will know the notes of the neck. Before you go to bed every night or maybe first thing when you wake up get on the link that Pedja gave us and go over 50 notes. Shouldn't take more than 10 min and as you get better at it probably half that. This is what I did Kaz.....and I only just did it in the last year.... tongue.gif laugh.gif It has helped a lot. It is a breeze now to move arpeggio shapes around or even to create my own arpeggio shapes. Give it a shot Kaz.....you'll be a better guitarist for it.

I just can't find motiation for doing that xD I only use my metronome for fast licks, and getting them up to speed. I have a Korg AX5G multi-effects processor, which I used with my old amp. ATM I have a vox aD 50 VT with some effects and amp modeling, so I'm not using the Korg.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 19 2009, 07:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
New Sl take tongue.gif I think it's really outstanding that you keep saying "you improved"... This all sounds a bit the same. I only overdubbed a tiny part, because the first take I was interupted and ended half way. The split is in between the fast runs.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 20 2009, 06:55 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 19 2009, 07:54 PM) *
New Sl take tongue.gif I think it's really outstanding that you keep saying "you improved"... This all sounds a bit the same. I only overdubbed a tiny part, because the first take I was interupted and ended half way. The split is in between the fast runs.

Kazmandu.....I still think you need to isolate those parts we talked about......have you done that at all? What I would really like to see is for you to post a take at 80% of the full tempo. I just think you could really clean up those few parts. I don't think it would take long at all. You just need to spend a little more time at some slower tempos really getting the muscle memory going.......\m/\m/...

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 20 2009, 07:59 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 20 2009, 07:55 AM) *
Kazmandu.....I still think you need to isolate those parts we talked about......have you done that at all? What I would really like to see is for you to post a take at 80% of the full tempo. I just think you could really clean up those few parts. I don't think it would take long at all. You just need to spend a little more time at some slower tempos really getting the muscle memory going.......\m/\m/...

I can' get the bT on 80 %, but I gues you mean using the metronome? I'll do that. I'll get a click track going at (65*0,8=)52 bpm tongue.gif Or 104, that's easier wink.gif

I normally start at 120 bpm (60bpm) to 130 bpm (65bpm). I can try that as well.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 22 2009, 07:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Now this is becoming worying.... I just recorded it over a click track........ at 105 bpm (52) I made a mistake with timing in the middle, but that's no big deal, it's the fast runs. This take made me realise I have quite some work to do. This might take months to get perfect!!

EDIT: sounds kinda melodramatic, to correct, it's not like I'm crying or somehting tongue.gif I'm still smyling wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 22 2009, 07:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 20 2009, 07:59 AM) *
I can' get the bT on 80 %, but I gues you mean using the metronome? I'll do that. I'll get a click track going at (65*0,8=)52 bpm tongue.gif Or 104, that's easier wink.gif

I normally start at 120 bpm (60bpm) to 130 bpm (65bpm). I can try that as well.

That is good Kaz.....I'd start at half tempo and move up 10-15 bpm at a whack. Do each tempo for a minute or so. Do this on a consistent basis and you will have it squeaky clean and up to tempo in no time. By working on it just a little everyday you won't feel like somebody is pulling your fingernails out with pliers too.....you are a teenager and get bored easily...... laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: May 22 2009, 07:46 PM

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 22 2009, 10:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 22 2009, 08:46 PM) *
you won't feel like somebody is pulling your fingernails out with pliers too.....you are a teenager and get bored easily...... laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Ouch tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 23 2009, 01:03 AM
GMC:er
Im 40 and get bored easily... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 25 2009, 08:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Monte, I'm kinda at a dead end here... I'm done with the Luke style for some weeks, I'd like to let it rest a bit. I'm currently listening the Davids SRV style lesson, so I'm going to start with that. You have any other asignments?

BTW: I learned how to make my own BT's, I uploaded my Syncopated rhythm take for Pedja, I'm in the Black Cherry collab and in Ivan\s Metal Arpeegiator one wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 27 2009, 06:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
What's up Monte?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 27 2009, 06:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 27 2009, 06:04 PM) *
What's up Monte?

I'd love to see you tackle one of Muris's intermediate lessons. Maybe the phrygian or mixolydian. I've been kind of burned out myself Kaz.....been taking a little break. Let me know if you want to tackle one of those........How is your band coming?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 27 2009, 07:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 27 2009, 07:17 PM) *
I'd love to see you tackle one of Muris's intermediate lessons. Maybe the phrygian or mixolydian. I've been kind of burned out myself Kaz.....been taking a little break. Let me know if you want to tackle one of those........How is your band coming?

Band? Not much progression, no bass player. As non-adults we have the problem of driving. I have a second guitar that I can leave with the drummer, but I think I'm the only one with a spare guitar. Further more.... we don't have a singer, nor a bass wink.gif We now have the drummer, me and..... maybe another guitarist wink.gif

I have a question, how can I get the solo in the end of my BSC take become a bit better, I think it's kinda dulll... i'm uploading it now wink.gif I'll also check the Muris lessons.

tab:
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------10-8--8-10-11-10-11-----10------13----11---10-8-10---------------
G---7-9-10-9-7---------------------------10-----10------10--10---------- 9--10--12---
D---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 27 2009, 07:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 27 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Band? Not much progression, no bass player. As non-adults we have the problem of driving. I have a second guitar that I can leave with the drummer, but I think I'm the only one with a spare guitar. Further more.... we don't have a singer, nor a bass wink.gif We now have the drummer, me and..... maybe another guitarist wink.gif

I have a question, how can I get the solo in the end of my BSC take become a bit better, I think it's kinda dulll... i'm uploading it now wink.gif I'll also check the Muris lessons.

tab:
B-----------------10-8--8-10-11-10-11-----10------13----11---10-8-10---------------
G---7-9-10-9-7---------------------------10-----10------10--10---------- 9--10--12---
D---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by "better" Kaz? Do you mean how can you execute the lick you tabbed out better or are you wanting to come up with an idea that sounds more interesting?

If it is the latter try doing an arpeggio run instead of what you tabbed out. Try a tapping run or maybe a legato run. What scale are you using?

I think that last lick sounds pretty good Kaz.....If you want to make it more interesting or intense just do a run to end it.....I think that would sound cool.....\m/\m/

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 28 2009, 03:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 27 2009, 08:36 PM) *
What do you mean by "better" Kaz? Do you mean how can you execute the lick you tabbed out better or are you wanting to come up with an idea that sounds more interesting?

If it is the latter try doing an arpeggio run instead of what you tabbed out. Try a tapping run or maybe a legato run. What scale are you using?

I think that last lick sounds pretty good Kaz.....If you want to make it more interesting or intense just do a run to end it.....I think that would sound cool.....\m/\m/

I wanted to make something a bit more melodic, not just a standard sweep or arpeggio.... It might be a good idea to check out the arpeggios and use them in this thing, it's kinda dull now! With better I meant that it stould out a bit more, also I'm just talking about the last solo part, but I gues you got that wink.gif

How is the overall thing to you? I'm not totally happy with it, it's very hard for me to really write somethign cool, not just a bunch of licks! I think I can reproduce about 75% of this take, which must be a record for a collab wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 28 2009, 05:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 28 2009, 03:28 PM) *
I wanted to make something a bit more melodic, not just a standard sweep or arpeggio.... It might be a good idea to check out the arpeggios and use them in this thing, it's kinda dull now! With better I meant that it stould out a bit more, also I'm just talking about the last solo part, but I gues you got that wink.gif

How is the overall thing to you? I'm not totally happy with it, it's very hard for me to really write somethign cool, not just a bunch of licks! I think I can reproduce about 75% of this take, which must be a record for a collab wink.gif

I thought the overall take sounded pretty good. I think if you sat down and really tried to compose something that you could make it sound better though. I think if you are not happy with it you just need to spend some more tme working on it. Only you can tell what sounds good to you or not. I think as far as technique and execution that there is room for improvement. There is always room for improvement though.

Give it a shot Kaz.....loop the first few bars of the backing and just jam on it until something that catches your ear comes out. Then take that idea and work on it until you really like it. Then work on to the next part. I find that the most melodic lines will come from you humming something in your head and then trying to find that line on your guitar. Put the backing on your ipod if you have one and listen to it over and over and try and hum something. When you get something that you can hum over and over that you like then......in the words or the great Emir Hot.......grab your guitar and slay the beast.......\m/\m/

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 28 2009, 06:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha ;P I also did some humming, that's how I got the last part.

I did some perfectionating, overdubbing and harmonizing, and this is the result

I'll also try to get the Pentatonic shred a bit cleanre

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BSC.mp3 ( 1.43MB ) Number of downloads: 130

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 28 2009, 08:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 28 2009, 06:31 PM) *
Haha ;P I also did some humming, that's how I got the last part.

I did some perfectionating, overdubbing and harmonizing, and this is the result

I'll also try to get the Pentatonic shred a bit cleanre

I really like this take Kaz. The harmonized part is cool. All I would add is to just work on cleaning up the faster passages.....everything else sounds very nice. Did you compose this or improvise? It sounds composed to me......\m/\m/ smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 29 2009, 03:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 28 2009, 09:13 PM) *
I really like this take Kaz. The harmonized part is cool. All I would add is to just work on cleaning up the faster passages.....everything else sounds very nice. Did you compose this or improvise? It sounds composed to me......\m/\m/ smile.gif

It is prety composed in the way, as I said, I can reproduce about 75% of it wink.gif It's not written down, but it's in my head, so I know what I'm playing tongue.gif I'm also using about seven tracks for this collab tongue.gif I'm going to clean up the pentatonic run, and then post it!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 29 2009, 04:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 29 2009, 03:12 PM) *
It is prety composed in the way, as I said, I can reproduce about 75% of it wink.gif It's not written down, but it's in my head, so I know what I'm playing tongue.gif I'm also using about seven tracks for this collab tongue.gif I'm going to clean up the pentatonic run, and then post it!

\m/\m/

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:08 PM