A Visitor Cruising The Shoreline Last Night
AK Rich
Jul 30 2020, 07:34 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
This lynx passed through here last night looking for a late dinner of waterfowl or perhaps a muskrat. Maybe it has had it's fill of rabbits as there are plenty of them around this summer and are probably easy pickings.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 30 2020, 06:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Brilliant, thanks for sharing. I love nature smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 30 2020, 09:47 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 30 2020, 09:24 AM) *
Brilliant, thanks for sharing. I love nature smile.gif

My pleasure, Phil. It's kind of a rare thing to encounter one of these guys in this part of the state. It's not that they aren't around, but more because they mostly tend to keep a low profile. Hunters, and especially trappers will encounter them more but the average Alaskan around this part of the state doesn't see them much, if ever.
I have been here for 37 years and have only seen 4 of them and I have gotten outdoors quite a bit on fishing, hiking, camping, and some hunting trips over that time and I know people that have been here for as long or longer that have never encountered one, so seeing one in my front yard is pretty cool. cool.gif
I set up a high def game camera down by the shoreline in the hopes that it will return and I can get some high quality and close up footage, but so far, no luck.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jul 30 2020, 10:26 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 30 2020, 10:12 PM
GMC:er
Cool!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2020, 05:41 AM
Makes me wish I live on a lake! There is water nearby but evidently just ducks and the odd gator now and then smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 1 2020, 02:27 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 30 2020, 08:41 PM) *
Makes me wish I live on a lake! There is water nearby but evidently just ducks and the odd gator now and then smile.gif

We love it out here at the lake. I am probably spoiled now and couldn't live anywhere else. Definitely not in a city, especially a big one. Heck, I don't even like to go Anchorage which has a population of only approx 290K.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Aug 1 2020, 02:28 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2020, 05:07 PM
Yeah, living in an idyllic spot will spoil ya for sure. Get back to the clog and nasty of a city and it's just sorta dirty.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jul 31 2020, 09:27 PM) *
We love it out here at the lake. I am probably spoiled now and couldn't live anywhere else. Definitely not in a city, especially a big one. Heck, I don't even like to go Anchorage which has a population of only approx 290K.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 4 2020, 05:28 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
The lynx passed through again but going the opposite direction this time so I only got a rear view with the game camera. I am going to stick with that angle. I think it will come back through going the other way again and that should make a really good shot. A couple of hours later, one of a pair of Sand Hill Cranes made an appearance for the camera as well as making a few calls. These guys remind me of dinosaurs and I call them Pterodactyls. wink.gif The last video is a couple years old and is of a couple moose passing through. One is obvious but you will have to scan around for the other.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 4 2020, 01:58 PM
Instructor
Wou! That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing Ak!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 5 2020, 07:28 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 4 2020, 04:58 AM) *
Wou! That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing Ak!

You're welcome!

Here is some interesting video of some frisky cranes. For some reason my camera seems to be using night vision settings during the day sometimes. dry.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 7 2020, 06:17 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
The lynx came by again last night. This time I got a front and side view.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 12 2020, 05:40 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Maybe the best closeup yet of the lynx this morning.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:03 PM