Incase I Can't Post
Mertay
Jul 15 2016, 09:24 PM
GMC:er
A coup seems to be happening here in Turkey, no worrys if I can't get online for the next days (and I feel safe where I am now).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 15 2016, 09:40 PM
Instructor
I've just heard what's happening. What can you tell us from the citizen point of view. Is this for the sake of something better to happen or you fell bad about it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 15 2016, 10:00 PM
Its not coming from the highest ranks of the army (some says they're hostage) and elders say its nothing like the last one (happened in 1980) as tv's are still broadcasting and also I still have internet. So I guess whatever is happening isn't typical compared to past examples from my or other countrys history.

Politicans say its the gulen movement (a religious cult that was a strong friend of the current goverment, been an enemy to them for the last 2-3 years) that are in the army doing this but I dought that as I don't believe they ever infltrated the army strong enough to pull-off such a thing.

I stated a few times how I dislike the goverment and the current leader, I strongly suspect he's the one who actually orchestrated this to apply a major change on the law constitution. Can't sure of anything as there was no indication such a thing was going to happen so suddenly.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 15 2016, 10:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 15 2016, 10:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Martial law has been declared according to sky news.
Take care, mertay. I hope things don't get ugly.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 16 2016, 12:36 AM
Experienced Rock Star
The news outlets here in the states have little to report, so keep us posted.

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 16 2016, 03:05 AM
Learning Roadie
Take care man

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 16 2016, 06:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
I just saw the news on tv. Take care Mertay and keep us updated.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 16 2016, 06:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Stay safe buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 16 2016, 08:38 AM
Instructor
Stay safe, man!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 16 2016, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys, its over now. 5 generals and their garrisons tried a coup and failed (around 1600 arrested).

The highest rank general was held hostage, a bomb exploded at the parlamentary, 2 tv stations later the sattelite center was raided (no TV from midnight till down), a battle helicopter was shot down by an f16 among many things. All these happened in only in a few hours.

As the Coup started to appear to fail, the prime minister called everybody on the streets and thats when most of the deaths happened.

Honestly all the possibilitys of this coups was terrible from the start. As it failed, now all the religious psycho's have more confidence than ever (unlike many countrys, the army symbolises the security of the secular system and this was the reason of their coup...) and the prime minister might be able to become president (as he wants a USA type system but its highly feared that their planned presidency in Turkey is 1 step behind dictatorship).

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 16 2016, 09:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 16 2016, 10:43 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice to see your OK Mertay !!

Turkish people came on the streets in Belgium too. In "Beringen" are a lot of people from Turkey and a lot of them whent on the street last night. I saw some images on News TV this morning. Tanks, soldiers, army helicopters; it feels kinda surreal to see that happen in a country where I've been on vacation many times. I know that's a whole different thing but still... it feels strange.
What's not clear to me yet is where was Erdogan at the time of the coup?

Take care Mertay!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 16 2016, 11:02 AM
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Jul 16 2016, 09:43 AM) *
What's not clear to me yet is where was Erdogan at the time of the coup?

Take care Mertay!

Thanks! He was on vacation for the past 6-7 days (what a coinsidence...), definitly stange attempt but for us normal people unfortunatly truth in such happenings only reveal 10-20 later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 16 2016, 11:16 AM
Learning Roadie
damn !! they fail !!!

take care friend !

in france , we must do a coup too !

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 16 2016, 05:39 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Good to hear that you are safe and the violence is over, Mertay.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 17 2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks smile.gif

Life is pretty much turned to normal here now as last night was celebrations. As of now there's around 6000 in custody most are cops, army and right after the coup failed many people in the justace department got arrested.

It was known that gulen's religious organization was infltrated to the justace department strong but I'm still shock so many could infltrate the army (I'll always be suspicious though as feel some of the truth is hidden). This is the highest ranked general in Turkey who was held hostage, check his neck as he was tortured to sign a paper but resisted;

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 17 2016, 11:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 17 2016, 11:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Glad you and everyone are safe now mate even if you don't like the current political situation, safety is paramount.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 17 2016, 02:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 17 2016, 10:34 AM) *
Thanks smile.gif

Life is pretty much turned to normal here now as last night was celebrations. As of now there's around 6000 in custody most are cops, army and right after the coup failed many people in the justace department got arrested.

It was known that gulen's religious organization was infltrated to the justace department strong but I'm still shock so many could infltrate the army (I'll always be suspicious though as feel some of the truth is hidden). This is the highest ranked general in Turkey who was held hostage, check his neck as he was tortured to sign a paper but resisted;

Mertay,

Stay strong in this very radically situation. Having these suspicious thoughts about your country's regime must be a killer for all the people living there and feeling this way. Every country has political differences, corrupted politicians, pros and cons, we certainly do in Belgium, but what happened in Turkey is a big step further than what's going on in my country. I mean torturing the highest ranked general!!!! , I can't even imagine what they are cappable of doing to other people. Keep your head up, stay strong ... stay "Gold".

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2016, 12:44 AM
Very sad to see all this on the news sad.gif Just seems to add to sense of overall turmoil in the world. sad.gif I hope your country comes out of this better than it went in. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 15 2016, 04:24 PM) *
A coup seems to be happening here in Turkey, no worrys if I can't get online for the next days (and I feel safe where I am now).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:12 PM