Scale Improvisation
besip
Nov 19 2007, 02:05 AM
GMC:er
hey guys

i'm trying to improvize on A-minor penta and work on shifting

my question is
it's ok when i'm move from 1 box to the other box to play from low string to high string bacward??/somethime i'm find my self to do that..
or there is some rules and i'm can't play from top to down or down to top in bacward???

and 1 more-When i'm try to made the improvize more interesing i'm thinking about making some licks on every each box
and it's there some rules and i'm have to stay with creating the licks on a-minor penta???
or i'm can made the lick from note what i'm want???{add more notes}

thanks Rene

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 02:13 AM
Lets go fishing!
Hi Rene! biggrin.gif

Sounds like you have been working hard smile.gif

You *can* make runs from the high E to low E..... and vice versa, no problems there. There are no rules, if it sounds good it probably is good!!

Whether you are moveing horozontal, diagionally, or vertical, it does not matter!

You can make licks from any notes you like... you dont have to stay with in the box BUT it is advisable to stay within the scale for now.

I hope this helps a little!

Matt wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Nov 19 2007, 02:14 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Tank
Nov 19 2007, 02:13 AM
GMC Veteran
There are no real "rules". If you figure something out, work on it. If it's a completely new sound, share it with us smile.gif Or keep it to yourself until you master it, then take over the world tongue.gif

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 19 2007, 02:22 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 18 2007, 08:13 PM) *
Hi Rene! biggrin.gif

Sounds like you have been working hard smile.gif

thanks Matt..That's help a lot

so with the licks...there is not rulles or recomendation in quitar play to made licks from some sort of scale?
so it's is ok to made licks from notes if they not line-up in some note sychronization???

for example when i'm play power chords then im try to move to some scale play and then i'm made lick what's is out of every knowing scale and again i'm get back to the scale??? it's ok???

For sure i'm gonna stay on the scale what i'm know now cool.gif i'm just wanna know this for later rolleyes.gif

Thanks again Matt-Rene

QUOTE (Tank @ Nov 18 2007, 08:13 PM) *
There are no real "rules". If you figure something out, work on it. If it's a completely new sound, share it with us smile.gif Or keep it to yourself until you master it, then take over the world tongue.gif

i'm gonna keap it for now laugh.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 19 2007, 02:25 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 02:27 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (besip @ Nov 19 2007, 01:22 AM) *
thanks Matt..That's help a lot

so with the licks...there is not rulles or recomendation in quitar play to made licks from some sort of scale.
so it's is ok to made licks from notes if they not line-up in some note sychronization???

for example when i'm play power chords then im try to move to some scale play and then i'm made lick what's is out of every knowing scale and again i'm get back to the scale??? it's ok???
For sure i'm gonna stay on the scale what i'm know now cool.gif i'm just wanna know this for later rolleyes.gif

Thanks again Matt-Rene
i'm gonna keap it for now laugh.gif

No probs Rene.... I am sure you are on the road to success so glad to help!!

Yes, if your playing chords over a scale in a certain key then decide to play a lick outside of that , provided it actually sounds good (this is the main thing) then that is fine.

But as mentioned earlier, its not recommened at the start!! smile.gif

By all means experient, as this is when cool things happen! But there are no rules on this!

If you are stuck for ideas on licks, find lessons on here that use pentatonic boxes and use those in your playing - this will probably help you alot and give you ideas of your own wink.gif

Kind regards

Matt

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 19 2007, 02:43 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 18 2007, 08:27 PM) *

ok problem solved cool.gif there is no rules

i'm gonna stay on the scale what i'm fight for rolleyes.gif i'm not pretty comfortable yet and my playing with backing track sound realy unharmonius so i'm not use that yet..too mutch

but the licks questin and answer make me smarter rolleyes.gif thanks..it's more fun to try to made some lick even if he don't sound good laugh.gif on every kind of box..Like play just up or down
Regards-Rene cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 02:57 AM
Lets go fishing!
Good luck Rene, dont be afraid to ask more questions! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:00 AM