2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Guitar
SLASH91
Oct 8 2007, 06:15 AM
GMC:er
Hey , guys, I recently put an Ibanez RG2550e on hold from a guitar website, so I should get it when it comes into stock. But i've been considering canceling my order and buying one of the Dean Dimebag Darrell guitars instead (not sure which one). So what do you guys think? Should I stick with Ibanez or go with Dean? I am strictly wanting a guitar for metal and shred stuff, as I already have classic rock and blues covered. Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 8 2007, 06:21 AM
Well, I would have gone with the Ibanez, just because I think the Dean ML is one of ugliest guitars ever created... laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 8 2007, 06:26 AM
Instructor
Stick with Ibanez! My reason is 24 frets fretboard! Dean Darell model has only 22 - you WILL feel the lack of those 2 frets!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 8 2007, 06:39 AM
I was actually looking at the Dean Razorback V which has 24 frets, and another reason I like this guitar is because it has a whammy. The Ibanez V doesn't. If it did I would just get it.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 8 2007, 06:44 AM
Instructor
Well, you said you ordered 2550e? That one has whammy, so i don't see the problem! smile.gif You did a good choice with that RG!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 8 2007, 06:48 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 8 2007, 12:44 AM) *
Well, you said you ordered 2550e? That one has whammy, so i don't see the problem! smile.gif You did a good choice with that RG!

It's really because a Flying V of any kind I feel has great high fret access. Plus it looks killer imo, but I seriously appreciate your input. I'm still really thinking about it.

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 8 2007, 02:10 PM
Instructor
IMO, Flying V is more unconfortable than Ibanez is. Thats because in the highest frets the freatboard is very big and the acces to this frets isn't as easy as it seems...
So I think Ibanez is better to play wink.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 8 2007, 02:29 PM
Any " V " shaped guitar will also suck when your playing sitting down just because it slides off your leg, Just thought id let ya know ! smile.gif

- John

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Oct 8 2007, 02:29 PM

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 8 2007, 05:11 PM
Instructor
Yeah, John is right - V shapes are a pain in the ass when it comes to playing sitting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 8 2007, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 7 2007, 11:21 PM) *
Well, I would have gone with the Ibanez, just because I think the Dean ML is one of ugliest guitars ever created... laugh.gif

Oh, so it was the Dime V you were after... huh.gif V's sticks out from your body, so they will get dinged quite easily.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 8 2007, 07:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
There is a new series of Dimebag guitars coming up with 24 Jumbo frets and emg 81 pickups (V and Razorback). My advice: Take the Dean to be recognized, take the Ibanez if you want to be called a whimp^^

Dammit i dug my own grave...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 8 2007, 07:38 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 8 2007, 08:17 PM) *
There is a new series of Dimebag guitars coming up with 24 Jumbo frets and emg 81 pickups (V and Razorback). My advice: Take the Dean to be recognized, take the Ibanez if you want to be called a whimp^^

laugh.gif laugh.gif yeah, how deep do you want it to be, that grave that is

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 8 2007, 07:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
Man... the RG2550e .....I would do just about anything to obtain that !! Awsome looking and great spec.

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 8 2007, 07:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 8 2007, 08:17 PM) *

It's actually.....practice hard to be recognized - take any guitar that suits you! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 9 2007, 04:40 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 8 2007, 01:17 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Crap, I just can't freakin decide.
This is the one your talkin about, right?

Razorback

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Oct 9 2007, 04:44 AM

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 9 2007, 05:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
Crap, I just can't freakin decide.

Then you'll have to visit a music store and try both guitars (on the same amp, the best would be the amp you have at home) and make you decision afterwards.

Oh and yes i meant those 25,5'' razorback/v guitars with emgs and 24 frets

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Oct 9 2007, 05:03 AM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
CyanideChris
Oct 9 2007, 05:28 AM
Go for the Ibanez man.
I have the RG2550e and it's better than any Dean will be (exception of the USA models probably)
You're basicly paying for Dime's name and the shape of the guitar with the Deans. The tremolo on them are licenced and not original, you can get much better for the money.
The tremolo on the Ibanez is of the same quality (if not better) than an Original Floyd Rose, there is no going wrong with that guitar.
Ibanez guitars can do any style really, you shouldn't worry about versatility - it has 3 pickups, whereas the Razorbacks have 2 (which are EMGs) which will limit your versatility of sound.
Imo I would take any prestige Ibanez over any Dean. That's just me though. I just feel that Dean charge more just because half their guitars say Dime on them, which is a shame...

--------------------
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP M-II
Ibanez UV777BK w/BK-Warpig/Coldsweat
ENGL Savage SE
Mesa Dual Rectifier (two channel)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 9 2007, 05:32 AM
Well, any signature model by any brand tends to be overpriced...

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 9 2007, 05:37 AM
QUOTE (CyanideChris @ Oct 8 2007, 11:28 PM) *
Go for the Ibanez man.
I have the RG2550e and it's better than any Dean will be (exception of the USA models probably)
You're basicly paying for Dime's name and the shape of the guitar with the Deans. The tremolo on them are licenced and not original, you can get much better for the money.
The tremolo on the Ibanez is of the same quality (if not better) than an Original Floyd Rose, there is no going wrong with that guitar.
Ibanez guitars can do any style really, you shouldn't worry about versatility - it has 3 pickups, whereas the Razorbacks have 2 (which are EMGs) which will limit your versatility of sound.
Imo I would take any prestige Ibanez over any Dean. That's just me though. I just feel that Dean charge more just because half their guitars say Dime on them, which is a shame...

Yeah, the only reason I'm really considering the Dean is because it's only a few hundred more bucks than the Ibanez, and isn't just exhorbintantly priced. Thanks for all the info. smile.gif

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 9 2007, 10:44 AM
OK, after much deliberation, I have decided to buy the Ibanez. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the Dean or a 7-string in a few years. Thanks once again for all your help everyone. smile.gif

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:10 PM