Swirling A Guitar
liveOASISforever
Dec 25 2013, 10:24 PM
GMC:er
Has anyone ever tried this.I love the swirl finishes on guitars and would love to try it. It is probably harder than it looks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
HungryForHeaven
Dec 25 2013, 10:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
I haven't tried it, but I have been thinking of doing it for a couple of years..

Would be cool to have a unique finish on one of your axes, and the swirl thing looks awesome.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Dec 26 2013, 11:39 AM
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Dec 25 2013, 09:33 PM) *
I haven't tried it, but I have been thinking of doing it for a couple of years..

Would be cool to have a unique finish on one of your axes, and the swirl thing looks awesome.

A have being thinking about it for a while too.A have seen a few websites that sell the body already done although a would love to buy a complete guitar finished.

Any of the following would do just fine smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Dec 26 2013, 12:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very nice, I'd really love a swirl finish to one of my guitars in the future, but my flame maple top is just as good biggrin.gif I'd love to hear too if anyone had done it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 26 2013, 01:18 PM
I have a friend who has done a few.
I dismantle them for him, he swirls them and then laquers and polishes them and I reassemble them for him.
Next year he's talking of doing a range of Stomp Boxes too, like the Jemeni!!!

biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 26 2013, 05:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah - those swirl guitars look awesome! That video looks a lot easier than it actually is though smile.gif
If I would be doing it, I would probably try to find someone who has already done it on guitars in the past or as LiveOASIS mentioned, buy a guitar already treated - this allows me to choose the final look and everything.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 26 2013, 07:07 PM
Instructor
I thought this was going to be a thread about spinning your guitar around and catching it again. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Dec 26 2013, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Dec 26 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Very nice, I'd really love a swirl finish to one of my guitars in the future, but my flame maple top is just as good biggrin.gif I'd love to hear too if anyone had done it

Yeah a would like to also.Just to hear if they have any tips on what to do and not to do.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 26 2013, 12:18 PM) *
I have a friend who has done a few.
I dismantle them for him, he swirls them and then laquers and polishes them and I reassemble them for him.
Next year he's talking of doing a range of Stomp Boxes too, like the Jemeni!!!

biggrin.gif

That pedal is so cool smile.gif . I would love to dismantle guitars and re assemble them.I was thinking of buying a already swirled body and buying the rest of the parts for the guitar.Although I was adding the cost up of it all and it will be really expensive.I also would have to pay someone to put it together

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 26 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Yeah - those swirl guitars look awesome! That video looks a lot easier than it actually is though smile.gif
If I would be doing it, I would probably try to find someone who has already done it on guitars in the past or as LiveOASIS mentioned, buy a guitar already treated - this allows me to choose the final look and everything.

Yeah Bogdan I think it will be a lot trickier to do aswell. I would love to buy cheap materials and experiment with it to see what I could do

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 26 2013, 06:07 PM) *
I thought this was going to be a thread about spinning your guitar around and catching it again. rolleyes.gif

Hahahaha. I will try it and upload some pictures for you Ben of my smashed up guitar

+Quote Post
Spock
Dec 27 2013, 12:14 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 26 2013, 01:07 PM) *

Me too!

Go to 1:15 and watch the dude on the right...

This post has been edited by Spock: Dec 27 2013, 12:15 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:33 PM