2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Changing Guitars
peixe
Nov 13 2007, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
Hi all you guys!

I need some help in choosing a guitar to change to. At the moment I play a Ibanez SAS36FM and I really like it. It plays wonderfully. BUT! I want a guitar with a little more sustain and weight to it. Preferably an Ibanez because I really like how they feel, but the thing is that I rarely use the wammy bar so that's not really something i need.

This is what I look in the guitar I want:
Allround guitar
Humbucker pickups
(no wammy)
easy played

Give me suggestions please! smile.gif

Thanks a lot!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 13 2007, 02:11 AM
Moderation Policy Director
You just described a Gibson Les Paul perfectly ... if you canlt afford a standard at $2000, there is a studio version at $1000, and Epiphone copies around $500 or less.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Nov 13 2007, 02:11 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 13 2007, 02:11 AM
anyone who knows me knows what i will say smile.gif. Schecter is the way to go for your all around guitar choices. They are awsome looking sound and playing guitars. They aren't as easy to shred on as ibanez but ive never had any problems with playing anything so your not losing alot no whammy as the bridges on most of them are threw neck. they are also very good looking guitars if you go into the gear review section you can read a review of my c1 exotic star which is probably the best guitar ive ever played.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 13 2007, 02:14 AM
How much are you looking to spend? Ibanez do some nice guitars but some can be quite expensive

+Quote Post
peixe
Nov 13 2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks guys! Maybe I should write how much I can spend on the guitar, not more than $1300 dollars.

The Gibson is very nice, but I want a little bit more of a "shred" guitar. I play(try) a lot of Steve Morse, Satriani, Petrucci stuff, so more into that category of guitar type.

A big problems for us guys outside the US is that guitars are so much more expensive here(sweden). And most US websites that sell guitars don't ship anything outside the US. Too bad.

Keep on giving me alternatives! biggrin.gif Very fun!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 13 2007, 02:27 AM
Smikey is right about Schecters. LP's can be used for shred (Zakk Wylde, etc.). I would also suggest Jackson, Brian Moore, Ernie Ball, Fender (most have a wammy though), ESP, Dean, PRS (can be very expensive though), Carvin (you can build your own or choose from already designed models) and Warmoth will also build you a guitar if youd like to do that.

+Quote Post
peixe
Nov 13 2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks alot! biggrin.gif I will look into everything and try to find what I want!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 13 2007, 02:36 AM
QUOTE (peixe @ Nov 12 2007, 08:30 PM) *
Thanks alot! biggrin.gif I will look into everything and try to find what I want!

I think you should really check out Dean Hardtails. You can get them with or without wammy bars (I think most don't have them). I've never played one but from what i've seen from them they look awesome, sound awesome and play awesome. MAB plays them so that should give them a good reputation. laugh.gif

Here is the Dean website, they are on this page that I have linked.

http://www.deanguitars.com/electrics.htm#hardtail

Here is a video with MAB playing one check it out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UiT6qtM09tI

This post has been edited by Unleash-The-Shred: Nov 13 2007, 02:39 AM

+Quote Post
peixe
Nov 13 2007, 02:42 AM
Yeah! That's a really nice guitar I must say!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 13 2007, 02:42 AM
One more thing. Any guitar can be a "shred" guitar. You just have to have the skill to play it.

+Quote Post
peixe
Nov 13 2007, 02:46 AM
Yes I am very aware of that! Just that I am more used to "smaller" guitars. Love the LP's when I play jazz, but on a daily basis, playing pop, rock with friends and practising at home, I want a more lean guitar if you understand! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 13 2007, 02:47 AM
QUOTE (peixe @ Nov 12 2007, 08:46 PM) *
Yes I am very aware of that! Just that I am more used to "smaller" guitars. Love the LP's when I play jazz, but on a daily basis, playing pop, rock with friends and practising at home, I want a more lean guitar if you understand! smile.gif

Ahh ok, well maybe that Dean Hardtail will do that for you.

+Quote Post
peixe
Nov 13 2007, 02:48 AM
Yes! I want to thank all you guys for giving me alternatives. I will look into what I can get and afford, and then I'll se what to buy! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 13 2007, 02:50 AM
Let us know what you get. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
peixe
Nov 13 2007, 02:53 AM
Of course I will!

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 13 2007, 03:00 AM
I'm liking that dean guitar, and the player of course he rocks. I'm loving the look of the emerald green and midnight blue usa hard tails though

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 13 2007, 03:01 AM
I've always loved Hardtails. I want to try one out but none of the shops in my area sell Dean guitars.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 13 2007, 03:16 AM
If you want an Ibanez you could check out the RGA series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 13 2007, 03:18 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 13 2007, 04:01 AM) *
I've always loved Hardtails. I want to try one out but none of the shops in my area sell Dean guitars.

Can't you phone them up and have something arranged so you can try them out. They look and sound amazing i am definitely going to keep those in mind for the future.

+Quote Post
axelsson
Nov 13 2007, 04:41 AM
You should go for the Paul Gilbert signature model, PGM301 smile.gif

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_top.ph...3&SERIES=52

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:18 AM