Hello - New Guy To Gmc
BJJSchecter
Jul 14 2007, 03:20 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone,

Been checking this site out for quite some time and finally decided to sign up. My name is Nick, 33, living in Satnta Barbara, CA. Originally from Belgium (best beer in the world baby!) and have been in US since I was 13. Been playing on and off for about 14 years. Took maybe one or two lessons in that time span. I moved around too much for a teacher and the ones I did have made me lose my interest. So figure this is a great alternative. I play on a Schecter 30th anniversary that I just got last year, love that thing, and an Ovation Balladeer. My other hobbies are Brazilian Jiu-Jiutsu, fishing, belgian beer(yes that is a hobby), running, swimming, surfing, and a few other things. Glad to be here, from what I've read seems to be a great group of mature and friendly people here. Thank you and see ya's around!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 14 2007, 03:23 AM
Glad to have ya on board Nick!! I play a Schecter Hellraiser myself. It's considered a member of my household I like it so much tongue.gif !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 14 2007, 03:25 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello and don't forget to breath. From a fellow Schecter player wannabe.

This post has been edited by kahall: Jul 14 2007, 03:35 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 14 2007, 03:28 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (BJJSchecter @ Jul 13 2007, 10:20 PM) *
Hello everyone,

Been checking this site out for quite some time and finally decided to sign up. My name is Nick, 33, living in Satnta Barbara, CA. Originally from Belgium (best beer in the world baby!) and have been in US since I was 13. Been playing on and off for about 14 years. Took maybe one or two lessons in that time span. I moved around too much for a teacher and the ones I did have made me lose my interest. So figure this is a great alternative. I play on a Schecter 30th anniversary that I just got last year, love that thing, and an Ovation Balladeer. My other hobbies are Brazilian Jiu-Jiutsu, fishing, belgian beer(yes that is a hobby), running, swimming, surfing, and a few other things. Glad to be here, from what I've read seems to be a great group of mature and friendly people here. Thank you and see ya's around!

One word - Kirsch smile.gif

Welcome and enjoy the beer .. I mean guitar playing smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 03:31 AM
Hi Nick!

Welcome to GMC! wink.gif Best beer in the world? Do you mean Australia? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 14 2007, 03:41 AM
Welcome to the family of guitarists, and Andrew is the zoo keeper laugh.gif

+Quote Post
BJJSchecter
Jul 14 2007, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I see there's a lot of beer fanatics!! All this beer talk is making me thirsty think I'll have a beer while trying a lesson...that's great advertising there for GMC...can't do live lessons and drink a beer (not in my area anyway).

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 03:51 AM
Well if you are having a beer i will too! tongue.gif

Hmm 10 am. Beer for breakfast? No I might go have some breakfast, beer can wait til 10:30! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BJJSchecter
Jul 14 2007, 04:03 AM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 13 2007, 07:51 PM) *
Well if you are having a beer i will too! tongue.gif

Hmm 10 am. Beer for breakfast? No I might go have some breakfast, beer can wait til 10:30! laugh.gif

It's 7 pm somewhere in the world...like here. So...have a beer!!!!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 14 2007, 01:58 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 13 2007, 10:41 PM) *
Welcome to the family of guitarists, and Andrew is the zoo keeper laugh.gif

Heh, Zookeeper - I like that smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM