3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
New Metallica Album Preview
Pablo Vazquez
May 13 2008, 02:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 12 2008, 09:48 PM) *
Wou! This preview made me feel more excited and anxious! Can't wait for the new album!

+1 ... I want it now!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
May 13 2008, 02:28 AM
GMC:er
http://missionmetallica.com/
this is a great site for the new album. and it's official.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 13 2008, 02:32 AM
IMO, for you to be a great thrash band, you have to be young and full of beer! Most of the thrash reunions aren't that good anymore, because there all sober

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Enucleation
May 13 2008, 02:34 AM
I'll bet it it will be great! The solo sounds like old Kirk and even if not I LIKE LOAD AND RELOAD...even St Anger had good parts.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
kahall
May 13 2008, 03:09 AM
Learning Roadie
I can't wait to download it for free off the net.
/Joke..

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Jeff0803
May 19 2008, 05:48 AM
Wow, did they mean to come off as dumb as they do in that video preview on their "Mission Metallica" site haha? Some of the things Lars says are so stupid, its almost like Spinal Tap. Hes acting like theres a huge difference between playing at 129 as opposed to 130 lol. Whatever, Metallica has become a very bad joke. They just dont realise it or are too rich to care.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 19 2008, 05:53 AM
im pretty sure there making new album for the money. It just a job for them

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 19 2008, 06:07 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 13 2008, 03:32 AM) *
IMO, for you to be a great thrash band, you have to be young and full of beer! Most of the thrash reunions aren't that good anymore, because there all sober

Listen to the new Testament album and you'll soon find out you don't have to be young to make good Trash! smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 19 2008, 07:59 AM
I thought that album is ok, this is also coming from a guy who never cared for Testament so don't hate me on that.

I don't really know why I never liked Testament, its just blah to me like Megadeth.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 19 2008, 08:03 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 19 2008, 08:59 AM) *
I thought that album is ok, this is also coming from a guy who never cared for Testament so don't hate me on that.

I don't really know why I never liked Testament, its just blah to me like Megadeth.

I you never cared for Testament and still think their album is ok, I'd say they've done good smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 19 2008, 08:25 AM
haha, well it sounds ok in my ears, but you know how I like my thrash hehe biggrin.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 20 2008, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (J.T. @ May 12 2008, 10:55 AM) *
agree!! But I acctualy got limited edition of St. Anger and it included dvd with whole album played live and recorded at their rehearsals for the tour... it acctualy sounds 10x better to me than on the album...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought so. It would be nice if some day they remastered it and fixed it some day. Though I'd like to hear a remastered ...And Justice for All first...that sounds almost as bad but the music was better.

They messed up St Anger with the engineering more than the music itself. I thought the riff for Some Kind of Monster killed.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 20 2008, 08:04 PM
oh god... i just realized some of the lyrics in the video are :suicide, im already died." someone needs to teach these guys proper english. this makes me sick. James: "hey kirk!" Kirk: "Whats up james?" James: "lets make another crappy, boring album, so those dumb fans can give us even more cash we dont deserve" Kirk: "what an awesome idea James, we'll just throw a bunch of your crappy riffs together, and ill solo badly alot, While lars bangs on trash cans! we'll make millions!"

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: May 20 2008, 08:05 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Jon Lambo
May 20 2008, 08:15 PM
Hi all,

err... yeah it sounds pretty crappy especially Hetfields voice it's appalling. Sounds like St.Anger II.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 20 2008, 08:17 PM
QUOTE (Jon Lambo @ May 20 2008, 03:15 PM) *
Hi all,

err... yeah it sounds pretty crappy especially Hetfields voice it's appalling. Sounds like St.Anger II.

but the lyrics! oh god, the lyrics! make it stop!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Casper
May 21 2008, 03:14 AM
I'm just hoping it's more like their old music not another sober james hetfield shouting random words to lars bashing on the drums

This post has been edited by [email protected]: May 21 2008, 03:15 AM

--------------------
Guitars:EsP-LtD F-2E, Jackson King V, Fender Strat

MFX: Pandora PX5D, Zoom 505. Sennheiser HD25 mk II Headphones

Blown Amp :(

+Quote Post
JVM
May 22 2008, 08:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Looks pretty good to me. Not as cringe-worthy as st anger, we'll see if they yet can return to old heights. But I think it'll be at least good.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
jammer91
May 22 2008, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 12 2008, 04:55 PM) *
anything would sound great compared to St. Anger rolleyes.gif

True, but this album may seem better as theyve got fed up of bashing for st anger's disaster.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jun 16 2008, 12:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 12 2008, 09:55 AM) *

I liked St. Anger, long songs and no guitar solo, some nu-metal and hip-hop influence....

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 16 2008, 11:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 12 2008, 02:55 PM) *

hahaha, for sure !!! this album is horrible tongue.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:45 PM