2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Boson's December Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Boson
Dec 26 2009, 09:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Have to admit Pedja I am finding the Triads lesson difficult to make sound good. But I will persevere!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 26 2009, 10:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Dec 26 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Have to admit Pedja I am finding the Triads lesson difficult to make sound good. But I will persevere!!

Do the best you can Tony and submit video by 31st if possible!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Dec 28 2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Pedja

Have now added the I/II/III to examples 4 an 5 of assignment 3. I also had go at a revison quiz I found in another thread.

I am sill a bit puzzled at the idea of a dominant chord. I there something special about them or is this just a label because of their position and function in a scale?

I am working hard at assignmet 4 and have just about got there with triads on strings 4,5 and 6 and the first inversion. Two problems are making progress slow, Firstly the shapes are new to me and secondly my sausage fingers find them a bit of a squeeze above 12th fret. Hopefully though with more hard work over the next few days I should be somewhere near (ish!!) unsure.gif

Attached File  Dec_09_Assignment_3.doc ( 30K ) Number of downloads: 325

This post has been edited by Boson: Dec 28 2009, 09:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Dec 28 2009, 04:53 PM
This is where I am at with the triads lesson, any comments/feedback will be appreciated.

Attached File  triads_take_1.mp3 ( 848.24K ) Number of downloads: 124

thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 29 2009, 04:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Dec 28 2009, 07:45 AM) *
Hi Pedja

Have now added the I/II/III to examples 4 an 5 of assignment 3. I also had go at a revison quiz I found in another thread.

I am sill a bit puzzled at the idea of a dominant chord. I there something special about them or is this just a label because of their position and function in a scale?

Attached File  Dec_09_Assignment_3.doc ( 30K ) Number of downloads: 325

Good work on the extra quiz and most of the examples in assignment 3. Check out places where you put down bImaj7. That just doesn't work. Same thing goes for bIV. Remember we compare all scale degrees to original major scale interval formula.

Dominant chord is very important. It is very different then all other chords in major scale harmony. It leads us into the I chord of the key so it is very much important. In Ionian mode they appear on V scale degree and we label them V7. On other modes in major scale dominant chord would appear in relation to the root of the mode.

QUOTE (Boson @ Dec 28 2009, 04:53 PM) *
This is where I am at with the triads lesson, any comments/feedback will be appreciated.

Attached File  triads_take_1.mp3 ( 848.24K ) Number of downloads: 124

thanks

I think you are doing OK wit this one just try to drop things down the octave if it is too hard for your fingers to handle voicings down the neck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 1 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Pedja

Here is my take for assigment 4 the triads 1 lesson.

Not perfect yet by a long way ut I feel I have ade progress.

Sorry about poor quality video and not quite in sync but this is the first time I have recorded audio and video seperately!

I hae sumitted t to the REC as required for the MTP but not expecting great scores. Couple of bum notes and maybe I need to work on making sure all strings ring out more clearly

Cheers.

This post has been edited by Boson: Jan 1 2010, 10:30 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Triads_1_Dec__MTP.wmv ( 1.43MB ) Number of downloads: 78
Attached File  Triads_1_Dec__MTP.avi ( 2.43MB ) Number of downloads: 96

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 2 2010, 04:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Jan 1 2010, 09:48 PM) *
Hi Pedja

Here is my take for assigment 4 the triads 1 lesson.

Not perfect yet by a long way ut I feel I have ade progress.

Sorry about poor quality video and not quite in sync but this is the first time I have recorded audio and video seperately!

I hae sumitted t to the REC as required for the MTP but not expecting great scores. Couple of bum notes and maybe I need to work on making sure all strings ring out more clearly

Cheers.

Hi Tony,

I just graded your take in the hidden part of instructor forum. I am very happy to hear and see that you made it even tough you had very little time to prepare the lesson. I gave you 7 for it but it could have been 8 or 9 easily with couple more days of practice I am sure! We will continue working on chords in January. I will now close this December thread for you and open January one where we will get started!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 2 2010, 07:01 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 2 2010, 04:49 AM) *
Hi Tony,

I just graded your take in the hidden part of instructor forum. I am very happy to hear and see that you made it even tough you had very little time to prepare the lesson. I gave you 7 for it but it could have been 8 or 9 easily with couple more days of practice I am sure! We will continue working on chords in January. I will now close this December thread for you and open January one where we will get started!

Thanks Pedja

I think you are right a little more time and I could have got this better. It suddenly came a lot easier in the last two days just that one sticky jump from the C on strings 4, 5, 6 to the next C on 3, 4 and 5. Funny how one little sticky point can affect hw you play the whole piece though. I will kep practicing it I would like to get it perfect.

Looking forward to January's challenges.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 2 2010, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Jan 2 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Thanks Pedja

I think you are right a little more time and I could have got this better. It suddenly came a lot easier in the last two days just that one sticky jump from the C on strings 4, 5, 6 to the next C on 3, 4 and 5. Funny how one little sticky point can affect hw you play the whole piece though. I will kep practicing it I would like to get it perfect.

Looking forward to January's challenges.

You welcome Tony!

The important thing is that besides all the obsticles you managed to pull it off. In January your 1st assignment will be part 2 lesson of triads. This way we can keep the momentum going and do 2 things at once assignment + rec! That will leave us for other cool things in weeks 2 3 and 4. I am closing this thread now and new one for January will be opened soon !

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:47 PM