> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Alternate Picking Workout #2, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
10 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 15 2014, 07:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Alternate Picking Workout #2 by Darius Wave

A new lesson from my mentoring thread it's finished :D Thank you Darek for all the time You spent to work with me :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2014, 05:26 AM
Instructor
Hi Monica! Congrats on your hard work with Darius! The overall sounds very good, it's clear that you worked very hard on this one and that you focused on details. I can say that it's very close to perfection however there are two things that I would like to mark that you should give some attention. I notice a small timing issue when you play with palm muting, and at the same time your palm muted sometimes mutes too much the notes and that generates a short silence or notes that sound with a very low intensity. Besides these two little things, I can say that it's an excellent take.

Keep on rocking! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 16 2014, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Very nice Monica! You don't need any additional words from me. I know how hard You have been working and how many details we fixed. Thank You and keep up the good work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 16 2014, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Hey Monica!

I think you did an excellent job biggrin.gif If there would be something for me to add, I would suggest you to focus on making smaller and smaller movements with your hands as a general observation, so that when you will need to play at greater speeds, you won't encounter any difficulties.

Otherwise, I bow to you and Darius for the excellent work! I wonder what lesson will be next on your list? smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jun 17 2014, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Hi Monica,
Wow, what more can I say here? It's just perfect!
You're getting better and better the last months!!!

Just focus a Litte more on a smoother vibrato. That's all.

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
Jun 17 2014, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Hey, Monica! Wow! That was great! smile.gif I'm on with Guido on this one - a smoother vibrato ( I'm sure that's a piece of cake for you to get done in no time smile.gif ) Glad to see you here and keep them coming! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jun 17 2014, 01:45 PM
Instructor
As I mentioned in a REC topic somewhere before:
I remember when I was a kid practicing a simple a major/minor scale on ONE string helped me a lot to develop the exact pitch of every note (by playing every note with a bending). You could do this by adding vibrato too, of course. And due to the fact that the higher you go, less bending you need, ONLY YOUR EARS can decide how high you should bend. This is also a good ear training of course.

This is a really good exercise for learning to bend & vibrato exactly. Here a quick exercise I made for you, more to come... ;-)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 18 2014, 03:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9.4

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:03 AM