Reaper/ez Help!
sted
Jun 22 2009, 11:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
So i got EZ drummer and can open it in "solo mode" but reaper wont detect it in its list of VST's to use on a track? What am I doing wrong? blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2009, 09:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Have you added the EZ dll to a folder known to Reaper?
Check the options/Vst folders in Reaper and add the EZ's vst folder if it's missing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 23 2009, 09:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
I moved the whole EZ file into the reaper plugin file but still nothing and then the solo programme couldnt find the sounds, is it just a .dll file i need to put in the plugin folder in reaper then?

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Jun 23 2009, 09:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sted @ Jun 23 2009, 10:21 AM) *
I moved the whole EZ file into the reaper plugin file but still nothing and then the solo programme couldnt find the sounds, is it just a .dll file i need to put in the plugin folder in reaper then?

Check the hard drive where you installed ezdrummer. In program files there should be a folder Steinberg\Vstiplugins or something like that (it should contain file ezdrummer.dll). Then go to the Reaper -> Options -> Preferences -> Vst and add this folder. It should work smile.gif!

This post has been edited by Kuba Szafran: Jun 23 2009, 10:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2009, 10:35 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
...and the rest of the files/folders should be where they were initially installed.

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 23 2009, 12:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
thanks guys, I'll give it a shot after work. Nothing EZ about this lot!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 23 2009, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Yeah, rescanning VSTs is something you need to do
after you move .dll file.
Just .dll tho if I'm right, rest of the program should stay where is was
after you installed it. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 23 2009, 06:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, I think I've done it......

I can now select the EZ vst as an effect on the track, right? so its insert virtual instrument on new track and select EZ drummer, seems to work anyway.

Why does it build so many tracks in reaper though? When I open it it inserts about eight tracks, is for the stereo effect?

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jun 24 2009, 10:51 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (sted @ Jun 23 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Ok, I think I've done it......

I can now select the EZ vst as an effect on the track, right? so its insert virtual instrument on new track and select EZ drummer, seems to work anyway.

Why does it build so many tracks in reaper though? When I open it it inserts about eight tracks, is for the stereo effect?

Hey sted,

do it this way:
Create a track in reaper(not 'insert virtual instrument on new track')
Go to your fx browser and drag 'Toontrack(16 out) on the new track.

Now you have only one track with ezdrummer loaded.
If you do it your way you use the multichannel feature ezdrummer. Every instrument of the drumkit(snare, kick, hats, room...) has their own channel. You can click on the ezdrummer mixer and select 'multichannel' as output - now all of your tracks in reaper are in use and you can apply different effects(like reverb) on them.

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 24 2009, 01:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks mate, I'll give it a go tonight. I guess its just about getting stuck in with this and messing with it until I get used to it, got to say though the drum sounds are pretty nice on it!!

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jun 24 2009, 01:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Once you figured it out it becomes pretty obvious biggrin.gif
Feel free to ask if you still need help

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 24 2009, 09:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Skalde @ Jun 24 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Hey sted,

do it this way:
Create a track in reaper(not 'insert virtual instrument on new track')
Go to your fx browser and drag 'Toontrack(16 out) on the new track.

Now you have only one track with ezdrummer loaded.
If you do it your way you use the multichannel feature ezdrummer. Every instrument of the drumkit(snare, kick, hats, room...) has their own channel. You can click on the ezdrummer mixer and select 'multichannel' as output - now all of your tracks in reaper are in use and you can apply different effects(like reverb) on them.

Worked a treat that mate! thanks for all your help (I may need more of course laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:04 PM