Ear Training Workout
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2015, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! This is a ear training workout that I'll start specially for those students that have problems connecting mind, ear, voice and guitar. I consider this essential for every guitarist that want to take music seriously since it's the only way to be able to learn songs that you like and to compose your own music.

This workout is open for everybody, no matter what's your current level. There is some stuff that you will do alone, and there are some exercises that you will have to respond and share with me.

As I want that everybody takes the time necessary to work on each assignment, please ask all the questions that you need, share your experience, and try to avoid sharing results in your posts, please use another thread or just a TXT file to avoid spoilers for other students.

ASSIGNMENT 1: Intervals I

- An interval is the distance between two notes. If you are more curious about them: You can learn a lot HERE. But it's not necessary for this workout.

1. Learning and singing the intervals

We will start learning 3 different intervals: Major 3rd, Perfect 5th and Octave.

Attached Image

All the intervals below start from A note. The second 3 ones are the same intervals but starting from a higher octave.

What do to during this week?
- Learn and play on guitar each of those shapes.
- Play the first note, sing it, play the second note and sing it.
- Play both notes and then sing the interval.
- Try to remember the sound of each interval to be able to sing it when you are not with your guitar in hand. Go for a walk and keep on singing them, then when you get back, check if you were doing it correctly.

2. Exercise

- Download the following audio in which I played the intervals in different orders. Right down the order of intervals played. Use your guitar to help you but also sing along with the intervals. You can off course pause the track and check the examples as many times as you need before you write the name of the interval played. Once you are sure, share the results on your Gab's Army thread and notify me here.

Attached File  Assignment_1___Exercise.mp3 ( 3.4MB ) Number of downloads: 330

- Once you did this exercise, as a friend to play intervals to recognize them or record a long track playing intervals in different orders and then try to recognize each one.
- Also, while listening to solos or riffs that you like, try to recognize when this intervals are used. Do this all the time, when you listen music on radio, tv, films, on the streets.

Who is in?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently asked questions:

- I am beginner at guitar, can I join? YES!
- I am advanced with guitar but my ear is not strong, can I join? YES!
- Is it free? YES! but I open to receive some of your favorite sweets or biscuits. laugh.gif
- Do I need a lot of available time? NO! The tasks are not very big so you can keep your current life and routine and dedicate 10 minutes every day do this.
- Is ear training important? Your ear is the one that will define everything related your playing and composing skills. He will be the only real and honest judge, but obviously if it's well trained, if not, he will be your worst enemy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 24 2015, 11:43 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Tom51
Apr 8 2015, 03:18 PM
Learning Roadie
That's awesome - I am in.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2015, 03:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tom51 @ Apr 8 2015, 11:18 AM) *
That's awesome - I am in.

Great! You're welcome Tom!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Apr 8 2015, 03:31 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's great Gab!
I think I definately need this biggrin.gif

And I'll share some of my favourite sweets..

Attached Image
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2015, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Interesting package! You're welcome! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2015, 04:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you very much Gab,

I'm most definitely in.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 8 2015, 04:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2015, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Oh! I love the Fizz feeling!! Thanks for this one.

You're welcome Phil! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Miltonex
Apr 8 2015, 04:41 PM
GMC:er
Cool!! I´m in!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2015, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Welcome Miltonex! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 8 2015, 06:11 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm in!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2015, 07:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Apr 8 2015, 02:11 PM) *
I'm in!

Welcome Lukasz!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2015, 08:48 PM
I've just had a go and I was doing ok until going above the second octave, I sounded like a squealing cat. I used my Korg TM-50 to check my vocal notes, I didn't use it to get there though, only to look when I thought I had it right.

I enjoyed it though, too much really because it took all of my practice time away. No discipline rolleyes.gif

Thanks Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 8 2015, 08:51 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2015, 01:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 8 2015, 04:48 PM) *
I've just had a go and I was doing ok until going above the second octave, I sounded like a squealing cat. I used my Korg TM-50 to check my vocal notes, I didn't use it to get there though, only to look when I thought I had it right.

I enjoyed it though, too much really because it took all of my practice time away. No discipline rolleyes.gif

Thanks Gab

hehehe well done Phil! I'm not expecting that you become singers with this but don't be shy and sing! It will help a lot during this workout.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
richmclean
Apr 9 2015, 05:13 PM
I would like to join....I am not currently a member of Gab's Army but I want to join.

Thanks,
Rich

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2015, 08:42 PM
Hello Gab,

I've put my first answers up in my thread wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2015, 01:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (richmclean @ Apr 9 2015, 01:13 PM) *
I would like to join....I am not currently a member of Gab's Army but I want to join.

Thanks,
Rich

Great! You're welcome! Let me know when you have the answers and I'll create a thread for you. wink.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 9 2015, 04:42 PM) *
Hello Gab,

I've put my first answers up in my thread wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

Checked!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
richmclean
Apr 10 2015, 02:54 PM
Hi Gabriel,
I have my answers ready to post. Please create me a thread when you have time. Thank you.

+Quote Post
Vince09
Apr 10 2015, 07:32 PM
Hi Gab!I would like also to join...can I ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2015, 10:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (richmclean @ Apr 10 2015, 10:54 AM) *
Hi Gabriel,
I have my answers ready to post. Please create me a thread when you have time. Thank you.

Done! LINK

QUOTE (Vince09 @ Apr 10 2015, 03:32 PM) *
Hi Gab!I would like also to join...can I ? biggrin.gif

Sure! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2015, 10:06 PM
I've put my latest results up too, ear recognition only wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 10 2015, 10:24 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:37 PM