3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Your missing genre…
Gabriel Leopardi
May 12 2014, 06:24 PM
Instructor
I was wondering, which music styles you find extremely fun or cool to learn but you never got a chance to get more in depth or to actually learn how to play in those styles. I personally don’t have too much experience playing jazz/fusion, tango and Argentinean folk, and I feel bad about it. I would love to be able to play them on guitar and be more comfortable improvising on those styles.

One of my guitar goals for this year is to expand my playing and reach new styles.

What about you? Which is your missing genre?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 12 2014, 08:24 PM
GMC:er
GYPSY JAZZ!

I've got a good buddy who has a trio and they are EXTRAORDINARY!!! CHECK OUT THE COOK TRIO

I've starting picking up stuff.

The Most well known guy is Django

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 12 2014, 10:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 12 2014, 04:24 PM) *
GYPSY JAZZ!

I've got a good buddy who has a trio and they are EXTRAORDINARY!!! CHECK OUT THE COOK TRIO

I've starting picking up stuff.

The Most well known guy is Django

I really like this style! I even have been learning a lesson by Sinisa based on Gipsy Jazz.

Have you tried GMC Gipsy Jazz gmc lessons?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 13 2014, 01:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
For me it would be Rockabilly or Country smile.gif
I would love to learn how to play those genres on the guitar, both rhythm and those "punchy" country leads.
As a bass player I guess I'm drawn to the percussive and rhythmic component of the country guitar.

When it comes to playing bass - I would love to learn more about latin bass rhythms and walking lines applied there.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 13 2014, 01:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 13 2014, 09:13 AM) *
For me it would be Rockabilly or Country smile.gif
I would love to learn how to play those genres on the guitar, both rhythm and those "punchy" country leads.
As a bass player I guess I'm drawn to the percussive and rhythmic component of the country guitar.

When it comes to playing bass - I would love to learn more about latin bass rhythms and walking lines applied there.

Very cool Bogdan! Country music is also another style I would like to master on guitar. It's very funny to play.

and Latin is fantastic for percussion and bass... Do you usually listen to Latin music?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 14 2014, 01:40 AM
Instructor
My missing genere is this, because i don't play at the weddings smile.gif)

http://www.trilulilu.ro/video-film/mitica-...imilare_carusel

+Quote Post
Spock
May 14 2014, 02:10 AM
GMC:er
I think my missing genre would be whatever you call this sort of music. I love this music.

I heard of this guy one evening (Antoine Dufour) and purchased a few of his albums in one. I also like world music like Windham Hill stuff, Loreena McKinnett, Michael Hedges and stuff like that. It's good background music for reading or cleaning, just to sort of mellow you nerves.

This post has been edited by Spock: May 14 2014, 02:13 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2014, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marius Pop @ May 14 2014, 12:40 AM) *
My missing genere is this, because i don't play at the weddings smile.gif)

http://www.trilulilu.ro/video-film/mitica-...imilare_carusel

Kudos to you for not doing it bro smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ May 14 2014, 01:10 AM) *
I think my missing genre would be whatever you call this sort of music. I love this music.

I heard of this guy one evening (Antoine Dufour) and purchased a few of his albums in one. I also like world music like Windham Hill stuff, Loreena McKinnett, Michael Hedges and stuff like that. It's good background music for reading or cleaning, just to sort of mellow you nerves.

Same here man! I love this sort of playing! And country as well smile.gif I think that I would love to have more time to develop acoustic playing and country - a bit electric and a bit acoustic as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2014, 06:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ May 13 2014, 10:10 PM) *

Very nice playing, I love acoustic guitar playing. The cool thing that it sounds complete, you can play a song just with acoustic guitar and it doesn't seem to be lacking a backing or something. I love that.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2014, 08:52 AM
Instructor
I also posted this in a separate thread, but the natural way in which he plays it and the expression, orchestration and all around feeling is simply awesome:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2014, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 15 2014, 04:52 AM) *
I also posted this in a separate thread, but the natural way in which he plays it and the expression, orchestration and all around feeling is simply awesome:

This is fantastic! It's a very enjoyable version.

It seems that Candyrat Records have all the great acoustic guitar players....

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 15 2014, 06:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 13 2014, 02:27 PM) *
Do you usually listen to Latin music?

Not much unfortunately sad.gif ...but I do love the feel of the bass in the style.
I do listen to a lot of modern country music nowadays.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2014, 07:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 15 2014, 02:52 PM) *
This is fantastic! It's a very enjoyable version.

It seems that Candyrat Records have all the great acoustic guitar players....

I'm stoked ... still listening biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 15 2014, 05:51 PM) *
Not much unfortunately sad.gif ...but I do love the feel of the bass in the style.
I do listen to a lot of modern country music nowadays.

Gabi, I very much like the influences brought from the Argentinian music on the guitar and for instance, one guy who uses them in his more pop acoustic music, would be Raul Midon - I heard him speak about this in an interview (can't find it, unfortunately) a while ago smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2014, 09:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 16 2014, 03:58 AM) *
I'm stoked ... still listening biggrin.gif

Gabi, I very much like the influences brought from the Argentinian music on the guitar and for instance, one guy who uses them in his more pop acoustic music, would be Raul Midon - I heard him speak about this in an interview (can't find it, unfortunately) a while ago smile.gif

Cool! I don't know Raul but I will check him. Yes, Latin music is very interesting, there are many different rhythms and styles here. Each country has its own folk, style and influences. The most known styles are salsa, merengue, tango, compas, bossa nova and bachata, but if you explore, you will find endless variations.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 17 2014, 07:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 16 2014, 08:13 PM) *
Cool! I don't know Raul but I will check him. Yes, Latin music is very interesting, there are many different rhythms and styles here. Each country has its own folk, style and influences. The most known styles are salsa, merengue, tango, compas, bossa nova and bachata, but if you explore, you will find endless variations.

Indeed! Most people I know, are more into the Brazillian side, but I don't like it that much smile.gif Here's my favorite tune from Raul:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2014, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Nice song, he has a great feeling and groove. I checked his bio and I found this curious thing:

"Midón was born prematurely in a rural hospital in Embudo, New Mexico, to parents of Argentine and African American descent. His father was a folkloric dancer from Argentina."

He also worked with some very popular Latin artists.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2014, 10:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 17 2014, 02:09 PM) *
Nice song, he has a great feeling and groove. I checked his bio and I found this curious thing:

"Midón was born prematurely in a rural hospital in Embudo, New Mexico, to parents of Argentine and African American descent. His father was a folkloric dancer from Argentina."

He also worked with some very popular Latin artists.

Hehe! I was sure he had some roots in the phenomenon! biggrin.gif Gabi, who's your favorite Argentinian guitarist?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2014, 04:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 18 2014, 06:46 AM) *
Hehe! I was sure he had some roots in the phenomenon! biggrin.gif Gabi, who's your favorite Argentinian guitarist?

We have many great guitarists here. This is my list of favorite Argentinean guitarists:

Pappo
Ricardo Mollo
Claudio Tano Marciello
Luis Salinas

What about you Cosmin and everybody? Which are your favorite guitarists of your countries?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2014, 10:54 AM
Instructor
I enjoy jamming the blues but I don't feel a desire to record or perform it.. so does that count ?

I think I'd really love playing industrial metal / electronica too... but it doesn't fit into what I do yet.

If Rammstein need a replacement guitarist any time........ I won't wear the Lederhosen though. ph34r.gif

Who am I kidding, of course I will wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2014, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2014, 06:54 AM) *
I enjoy jamming the blues but I don't feel a desire to record or perform it.. so does that count ?

I think I'd really love playing industrial metal / electronica too... but it doesn't fit into what I do yet.

If Rammstein need a replacement guitarist any time........ I won't wear the Lederhosen though. ph34r.gif

Who am I kidding, of course I will wink.gif

Rammstein's songs are very funny to play. They have groovy and killer riffs.

Now I'm curious Ben, which are your favorite British guitarists?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:46 AM