Bottleneck Question
Amarok
Jul 21 2007, 11:27 AM
GMC:er
Hi,

i never used a bottleneck before, but i relay like the sound. So is it possible to play the Bottleneck in standart tuning, or is there a need to tune in a open tunings? I would prefer the standart tuning cause i don't want to tune around smile.gif
Thanx

Greetings
Nino

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Hemlok
Jul 21 2007, 11:46 AM
Bottleneck... Well I can't say I completely understand the term Bottleneck Guitar. But ah, a really impressive American player has released instructional DVD's called Bottleneck Blues. Bob Brozman. May be a good idea to get his dvd's I learnt alot from him... But he doesn't like standard tuning. And all the slide guitarists I listen to don't play in standard, I think it might be a good idea to try different tunings.

Sorry if that is no help, I am really not experienced in this and I also want to learn.

- Hemlok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 21 2007, 11:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amarok
Jul 22 2007, 07:37 PM
Hemlok, thanks a lot for your help dude smile.gif

Well, i've found a realy interesting link about playin' slide guitar.
Here is the link if someone is interested:

slide guitar link

This post has been edited by Amarok: Jul 22 2007, 07:38 PM

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 22 2007, 08:23 PM
Standard tuning works fine. Both Muddy Waters and Clapton used it.

http://12bar.de/slide.php check this out, great for beginners.

Also, TRY DROP D TUNING!!! Its sooo cool, and sooo easy biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 23 2007, 12:42 AM
i like open E tuning for slide

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 23 2007, 09:01 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 21 2007, 12:46 PM) *
Bottleneck... Well I can't say I completely understand the term Bottleneck Guitar.

It's said that it was origianly played with a bottle neck. The old blues legends probably finished their drinks and then used the empty bottle to play slide with.

QUOTE (Amarok @ Jul 21 2007, 12:27 PM) *
Hi,

i never used a bottleneck before, but i relay like the sound. So is it possible to play the Bottleneck in standart tuning, or is there a need to tune in a open tunings? I would prefer the standart tuning cause i don't want to tune around smile.gif
Thanx

Greetings
Nino

Anything is possible, I'm not experienced at all, tried it and failed but found out that the right preassure to the strings is key.
I prefer open tuning and you really should use a separate guitar for this where you raise the string action.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 23 2007, 10:49 AM
ah so he did mean a bottleneck 'slide'... i really thought he meant there was something called a bottleneck guitar, so i was lost. I have used beer bottles to slide aswell. im gonna try buy a glass slide off the net. I only have a metal one now

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 23 2007, 10:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:14 AM