New Album
brandon
Feb 3 2012, 05:48 PM
GMC:er
So my band, Mortal Man, finally finished our new album....it took forever, but here's a sample track. It's a concept album and pretty much flows like one track from start to finish(that's why the track starts a little choppy, it's flowing from the track before). The idea is that all of our songs, even ones we've starting writing for the second album, are part of an ongoing story. It's a tale of the ongoing battle between the Champion of Forever and the Time Immortal. This song is towards the end of this album. At this point the Champion has killed the Time Immortal, but in a last sinister deed the Time Immortal falls to the Earth in the a rain of fire scorching it, killing everyone and turning the world to glass. Now the Champion is sailing the see of glass in search of the Sage of the North to help him find the Temporal Nexus in the hopes that he can use it to travel in to the past to stop the Fire Tide....,BUT he ends up being sent in to an alternate dimension instead. Please let me know what you think!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  13_Temporal_Nexus.mp3 ( 6.46MB ) Number of downloads: 324

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 3 2012, 06:31 PM
Instructor
I listened to the whole track whilst browsing around elsewhere.. great stuff ! I like vintage 70's vibe to it too.. and that unexpected time change to that 6/8 type heavy shuffle near the beginning was briliant cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 4 2012, 11:17 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 3 2012, 05:31 PM) *
I like vintage 70's vibe to it too.. and that unexpected time change to that 6/8 type heavy shuffle near the beginning was briliant cool.gif

Totally agree with Ben!!!

When I was reading your original post I was thinking that the whole thing sounds like a Computer Game of some sort, like Zelda or similar!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Aven
Feb 4 2012, 03:21 PM
The concept reminds me of the Amory Wars and Coheed and cambria...sounds great dude! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 4 2012, 07:13 PM
that was ohmy.gif mega awesome!!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 4 2012, 09:43 PM
Instructor
The time machine started working! I really enjoyed smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
brandon
Feb 6 2012, 04:43 AM
Awesome! Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I really appreciate it. I'm definitely a huge fan of some classics(ie-Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Judas Priest...ect) and I'm glad it has some of that feel in the writing. I don't want to rip anyone off, but I can't help but pay homage to some of my favorite musicians. Seriously, I just had a chance to read everyone's comments and it really made my day. Thanks everyone! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by brandon: Feb 6 2012, 04:43 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:23 PM