Improvement, Where to go.
SpaseMoonkey
May 17 2011, 07:00 PM
GMC:er

Hello all,

I just did this an hour or so ago, I just tossed it together so I know there is tons of errors, but thats what I want. So you can help guide me in what techniques need to be worked on so I can gain some knowledge and insight on where to go to get better. I can say from watching it a few times mainly my "alt picking / vibrato" needs it but is there any lessons in particular that would help me more so than others or just work up on the basics slowly and things will start to fall in place?

Thanks for all the advice in advanced.

- Travis S.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: May 17 2011, 07:03 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
May 17 2011, 07:17 PM
A simple exercise would help, whereby you play the note you're starting from, play the note you're bending to, then execute the bend, trying to get it to hit that same note. Your ear will warm to this and it'll improve the take a lot.

As for your alternate picking, I thought it was decent! Focus on moving your fingers away from the fretboard less and less, though. Practice this slowly, making a conscious effort to stop them lifting as high before the lift is made.

Lastly, try to play a bit more relaxed, it may just be me, but you look tense. This'll lead to injury and you can't play fast (if you desire to) when tense.

Keep us updated, man smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
May 17 2011, 07:46 PM
Bending and vibrato need most work.

You should make a difference between two ways your left hand can be positioned. The classic way (google it for pictures) for fast legato and a more robuste way for big bends.

check this out https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato-5/

See how the position of his hands changes?

You should play 'slash' style for the bends and good vibrato, and then get back to a moore classical approach for the faster AP and legato wink.gif

This post has been edited by Sean_1234: May 17 2011, 07:54 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:33 PM