> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Noah B's Guitar Journey, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2014, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hello Noah!! How are you?

This is our thread for guitar practice. You are making the first steps of this journey so I'm very happy to be the one to guide you to achieve your short and long term goals.

We've already talked via PM about your current level (1 - 2), and also about the necessity of recording videos to receive the feedback needed to improve your playing. I've already shared an important video about it with you, let me know if you need help with it.

Please post here all the info you think can help me to know you more, musically and also in life to be able to guide you correctly through the path of music and guitar.

Some important topics I would like to know:

When did you started play guitar and why?
Favorite musicians and bands
How do you see yourself in 10 years.
Music theory knowledge?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noah B
Jun 19 2014, 05:56 PM
GMC:er
Gab,
Hi, hope you are well. I am 43yrs old, i am an Operating Room Nurse in the southern USA. Most of the time i am spending on the Site i am at work, I have down time that I can chat and look at the lessons and line out what to work on every afternoon when i get off work. I do go to the site while i am at home and practicing.

I picked up a guitar for the first time 14 months ago, like everyone, i have always wanted to play but i never thought i would have what it took to do it, so i never tried. last year my wife bought me a guitar, amp and how to video and said that i should at least try to play. well now i am hooked.

Music- Boston, Def leppard, Hewy lewis, Queen, mr. Big, night wish. while i like a good shreding solo, The rythem part of the music has more feel and meaning to me.

The Him style and Imagion Dragons basic lessons are awsome. it is the kind of music i like to listen to. Ben and Trond have some awsome stuff also.

It would be best to say I have Zero Music Theory and go from there.

10 yrs from now-- I have no plans getting in a band or playing for groups of people. In terms of skills, i would hope i could play the level 6-7 stuff. I have found a joy in music, or to say making your own music has a creative satisfaction that i have not found before, even though i play someone elses composition, it feels like personal expression.

Gear:
One set of old, small, stiff, worn out hands
Ibanez gs-20, with set of duncan-semour humbucker installed
podhd500x
line6 spider jam
fender classic vibe and a fender super champ tube amp

blink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Noah B: Jun 19 2014, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post
Noah B
Jun 19 2014, 06:31 PM
OK, i just read some of the other threads here and feel way out of my leage. maybe i should wait till i can hit 3 chords in a row without messing up, i was thinking that aolean was one of the fun parts on a girl i use to know.

Or i can get some video up and just be the rookie of the bunch... hope you guys have a good sense of humor.

This post has been edited by Noah B: Jun 19 2014, 06:32 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2014, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Noah! Thanks a lot for your info! You have everything we need to start working: passion. smile.gif

I have to say that you have made a great decision to start working with a mentor here. You don't need an specific level to join this workout. The idea is to guide you with tasks, routines, knowledge, suggestions and feedback to help you to achieve your guitar goals here. Then we will also work on composition.

You said that you like my lessons in the style of Imagine Dragons and Him. Are you already working on them? It would be great if you can film yourself playing one of the lessons and share it with me. Don't worry if you can't play it it perfectly, you are here to learn, and having these first videos will be a great reference for us to see how much you improved.

What do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Noah B
Jun 22 2014, 04:49 AM
you want me to shoot it straight to you or post it under "post your take " at the lesson screen.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2014, 09:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Noah B @ Jun 22 2014, 12:49 AM) *
you want me to shoot it straight to you or post it under "post your take " at the lesson screen.

It would be great if you can upload your video to youtube and share the link with me here. What do you think? Is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Noah B
Jun 23 2014, 04:11 PM
Gab, do you have pod patches for the "Him Style" lesson?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2014, 05:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Noah B @ Jun 23 2014, 12:11 PM) *
Gab, do you have pod patches for the "Him Style" lesson?

Hi Noah, I didn't use to save patches in those days but I think that this patches will be very close: Attached File  Gab_X3.zip ( 1.71K ) Number of downloads: 86

Try it and let me know!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:49 AM