My Advice On Vaccine Side-effects
Mertay
Apr 18 2021, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
This might come funny from one who's still waiting for his turn to get vaccinated but bear with me it might make sense.

After reading comments from my friends here and from my relatives, I came to the conclusion that almost all side effects I read can be related to my migraine attacks and its various stages. This is what I do to prevent it from happening and hopefully will make it easier for you dealing with side effects.

Sleep; It's not about sleeping too much or little really, but obaying your inner body clock. Don't sleep yet if you really don't feel like it or if you don't sleep on evenings (siesta) regularly don't do it on weekends when you feel bored (but its ok to lay down if needed). The tiredness both in your head and body must be as equal as possible before going to sleep.

TV/Computer; Very connected to sleeping, when too much your brain gets tired but body isn't as you don't move. Also, eyes being locked to the same focus for a long time will make the eye muscles stiffer when trying to sleep which will again screw-up your bodys natural clock. Instead of long, take small but frequent breaks if your job requires long computer usage.

Food; It's not about what you eat but eating regularly. Coffee, coke, smoking etc. may cause you to delay a meal or eat less but during that period even if your stomach isn't starving your body will be pushing itself.

Heat; Say the weather is cold and the house is really hot (like you can wear a t-shirt), these transitions aren't good specially if you go in-out of the house a few times a day. Not heating the house too much is often better (comfy sweat-shirt). As for summer try adjusting the air conditioner as precise as possible and definitely don't forget to clean its filters. A bit sweating is actually a good thing for the body to release toxins and a daily shower is relaxing.

Of-course can't guarantee to work but no harm giving it a try as they aren't too hard to implement anyway.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Apr 18 2021, 12:41 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2021, 03:31 AM
Solid advice in any troubled time particularly now and for recovering from the vax. Some folks have had no issues at all. Sadly, some folks like me have had some side effects. II am still feeling it and it was 3 days ago. Headaches, brain fog, (got lost today on my way to have Sunday dinner at my Aunt's place which I can find in my sleep usually). Body aches etc.

i found that increasing my intake of water seemed to help the headaches and too much salty food seemed to make everything worse.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 19 2021, 10:40 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
If they'd given me my jab when I was asleep I wouldn't have had any idea I'd had one, I even had to press my arm to find out where the needle went in. I'll check this info out when I have my second jab though, just in case. Thanks for sharing Mertay wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 19 2021, 11:18 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 19 2021, 02:31 AM) *

Many who doesn't have migrane thinks its simply a bad headache while the variance of symptoms from person to person is almost uncountable.

For me minor head fog is the first signal of the coming pain but mostly I miss that, those who has the really bad kind of migrane even blacks out while the pain is at highest...so even that has similarity to your side-effect. JSTCRSN mentioned his father had watery eyes which not always but happens to me and there are many more etc...

But the funny thing is I'm the only one in the family who has it but also I'm the only one who doesn't wear glasses smile.gif So while there's ofcourse nothing to like about migranes I also think its a way of the body protecting itself...being such a computer nerd probably cause of that self-limit it makes I could avoid glasses for so long.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Apr 19 2021, 11:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 19 2021, 11:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 19 2021, 10:40 AM) *
If they'd given me my jab when I was asleep I wouldn't have had any idea I'd had one, I even had to press my arm to find out where the needle went in. I'll check this info out when I have my second jab though, just in case. Thanks for sharing Mertay wink.gif

Same here. Not 1 second of soreness or feeling bad, thankfully.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Timmez
Apr 19 2021, 11:40 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
You guys are really fast withbthe vaccin then.
Here i have to wait and maybe in june i get the first one

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 19 2021, 11:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tflava @ Apr 19 2021, 11:40 AM) *
You guys are really fast withbthe vaccin then.
Here i have to wait and maybe in june i get the first one

Unfortunately it's for health reasons that I've been moved nearer the front of the line laugh.gif But I'm happy that's been the case though biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 19 2021, 04:05 PM
I rarely ever get headaches and have never had anything approaching what people describe as a migraine headache. After my 2nd shot my head felt heavy and compressed (or tight) for a day and a half. That was it. As of this morning I am a full 14 past jab no. 2.
Let's party!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 19 2021, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 19 2021, 09:35 PM
By the way I posted a link on Phill's "chip" topic about side effects. Its an easy to understand read and comments having them is an indication the vaccine is working (cause it doesn't produce anti-bodies the same amount with everyone).

This post has been edited by Mertay: Apr 20 2021, 12:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 20 2021, 01:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
A lady who's kitchen I am remodeling got #2 a week ago, she said her doc told to take vitamin D

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 20 2021, 05:13 AM
Mine must have been working quite well smile.gif I was reluctant to use the word migraine as I've heard it described so bad, like a spike in the skull. I just had a pounding headache for a few days to go with my brain fog. Sister faired much better. Evidently, most folks are just fine. So not to worry if you have not had your shot yet, it's evidently more rare to have any bad bits after. Most folks have nothing at all or a bit of sore arm and that's it.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 19 2021, 04:35 PM) *
By the way I posted a link on Phill's "chip" topic about side effects. Its an easy to understand read and comments having them is an indication the vaccine is working (cause it doesn't produce anti-bodies the same amount with everyone).

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 23 2021, 03:34 AM
Still feeling brain fog and headaches and body aches. This is day 7 for me on the second shot. Doc says wait until 10 days before you start to worry about anything. I started thinking that maybe I'd gotten covid somehow. Evidently my side effects are worse than most which is rare. so don't worry. Most folks have none.

I'll be glad when mine stop. uggh.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 23 2021, 07:40 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 23 2021, 02:34 AM) *
Still feeling brain fog and headaches and body aches. This is day 7 for me on the second shot. Doc says wait until 10 days before you start to worry about anything. I started thinking that maybe I'd gotten covid somehow. Evidently my side effects are worse than most which is rare. so don't worry. Most folks have none.

I'll be glad when mine stop. uggh.

Procedure of getting a blood analysis is easy where I live, if its the same in USA and since its friday maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one. so by the 10th day if still bad you'll have some data to give to the doctor right away.

For cholesterol and blood sugar they require you to be hungry before giving blood but I'd say don't do that willingly given your current condition.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2021, 01:42 AM
Finally feeling a bit better today. Was starting to think I'd gotten the virus somehow. Evidently, that second shot can be a doozey for some folks. I'm just glad it's starting to level out. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 23 2021, 02:40 AM) *
Procedure of getting a blood analysis is easy where I live, if its the same in USA and since its friday maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one. so by the 10th day if still bad you'll have some data to give to the doctor right away.

For cholesterol and blood sugar they require you to be hungry before giving blood but I'd say don't do that willingly given your current condition.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:16 PM