2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Being Labled...this Is Rather Funny!
vintageplaya666
Jul 26 2008, 09:49 PM
GMC:er
Ok, being labeled isn't the best thing in the world. When you get called a goth, emo etc. Sometimes you can be quite proud to be called a goth or whatever. But this little story I have is quite funny.

Yesterday when I was walking to the local shop, I had a Metallica T-Shirt On, Blue Jeans, Black Trainers. There were a group of 3 kids hanging around outside the shop. They must have been between 14-16. I entered the shop, to get what I wanted and as I came out of the shop they started asking questions.

They were asking me for a smoke, and I said I dont smoke. And because of that, you know what they started calling me? An Emo!. A Emo! Can you believe it?

I turned around and said to them to know what an emo is before you call someone it. And they still carried on calling me an Emo!

I thought it was rather funny and thought i'd share it with you. Anyone else experienced something similar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 26 2008, 09:55 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yeh, i was called an emo for no reason by random people when i had longish hair. It's quite funny, i just call them neds (word for chavs) whatever they look like and they get annoyed. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 26 2008, 09:57 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jul 26 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Yeh, i was called an emo for no reason by random people when i had longish hair. It's quite funny, i just call them neds (word for chavs) whatever they look like and they get annoyed. smile.gif

Haha, I dont even have long hair its short! And Chavs!! Can't stand them!! They are sooo damn annoying! lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 26 2008, 09:58 PM
Labeling people creates a comfort zone for thoose who are unsure of their own identity smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 26 2008, 10:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
The label "Emo" gets thrown around too much these days.. Everyone I know, including me, have been called Emo at least once tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rockztar
Jul 26 2008, 10:15 PM
damn the guys at my school its to stupid, ive labeled as hippie when i have a steve vai shirt on =)

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jul 26 2008, 10:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Be glad you were called an emo, here is my story about 'being labeld':
Yesterday I went out withsome friends(long hair, black clothes, heading towards a disco where they play metal)
We were standing outside on a parking place having a talk, just wanted to enter as a young woman sitting in a car stopped next to us. She lowered the windows an began to talk to us: "Hey you guys, I am a reborn christ you know? And I want you to know that Jesus loves all of you. He died for our sins... bla bla." I answered polite as I am, that I am glad she is happy with that, but I also added that I amm not interested in that kind of stories.
After that she called me a satanist (maybe because she was envy about my long hair huh.gif ) and judged all people that listen to this satanic music (I assume she referred to metal) as Satanists.
Well, I don't really like these people who judge others by their appearance. Why do people always try to convince others with their belives?
Can't we just live in peace?

P.S.
Just for the record:
I am not a satanist(at least not by the definition which is spread among christians)

by the way: True satanist are atheists, did you know that?

This post has been edited by Skalde: Jul 26 2008, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 26 2008, 10:25 PM
QUOTE (Skalde @ Jul 26 2008, 10:17 PM) *
Be glad you were called an emo, here is my story about 'being labeld':
Yesterday I went out withsome friends(long hair, black clothes, heading towards a disco where they play metal)
We were standing outside on a parking place having a talk, just wanted to enter as a young woman sitting in a car stopped next to us. She lowered the windows an began to talk to us: "Hey you guys, I am a reborn christ you know? And I want you to know that Jesus loves all of you. He died for our sins... bla bla." I answered polite as I am, that I am glad she is happy with that, but I also added that I amm not interested in that kind of stories.
After that she called me a satanist (maybe because she was envy about my long hair huh.gif ) and judged all people that listen to this satanic music (I assume she referred to metal) as Satanists.
Well, I don't really like these people who judge others by their appearance. Why do people always try to convince others with their belives?
Can't we just live in peace?

P.S.
Just for the record:
I am not a satanist(at least not by the definition which is spread among christians)

Thats actually quite funny In a way, I don't know what I would of said if that was me! And no I didnt know that. Is it wrong to be an atheist?

This post has been edited by vintageplaya666: Jul 26 2008, 10:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 26 2008, 10:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Skalde @ Jul 26 2008, 11:17 PM) *

Yep. The word "Satanist" is misleading.. It doesen't mean you worship satan, drawing pentagrams, setting churches on fire and stuff... It means you worship yourself ^^

P.S: I'm not a satanist either tongue.gif

Thats actually quite funny In a way, I don't know what I would of said if that was me! And no I didnt know that. Is it wrong to be an atheist?

Atheist just means that you don't believe in any god. Nothing wrong with that, in my eyes =)

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 26 2008, 10:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 26 2008, 10:31 PM
Lables suck indeed. Must be annoying to get called stuff like that, I know I'd get super annoyed, especially by the fact that you can't do anything about it.

Also really off topic, skalde: Well, isn't that only the Lavey-satanism that's basically a really egoistical version of atheism, because chaos gnosticism for example is also a form of "true" satanism and it's definetly nothing like atheism. They are obviously (just in my humble opinion) stupid religions, but there are so many different life views that are called "satanism" so I couldn't call one true. But being called one must suck, I wouldn't want anyone who tries to decide for me what I think in matters like these.

--------------------

+Quote Post
black and white
Jul 26 2008, 10:37 PM
What is worse, or maybe just sad, is when you are so old and out of the loop, that you don"t know what these labels mean....(big sigh) blink.gif

What is great, is when you are so old that you don"t really care what these labels mean laugh.gif

I fit both those catagories

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 26 2008, 10:42 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Jul 26 2008, 10:29 PM) *
Yep. The word "Satanist" is misleading.. It doesen't mean you worship satan, drawing pentagrams, setting churches on fire and stuff... It means you worship yourself ^^

P.S: I'm not a satanist either tongue.gif

Atheist just means that you don't believe in any god. Nothing wrong with that, in my eyes =)

Thats alrite then! Because I'm an atheist..

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 26 2008, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I dont understand why people try to interfere on how people live. If you dont belive in god you dont who are they to tell me what to belive

Note: This is just an example

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jul 26 2008, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Fsgdjv:I think You are right about the point that there is no 'true satanism' No one can define what is 'true' I just wanted to point out that many prejudices, a lot of people have against satanism, are not true and that satanism can be a peaceful point of view.
Maybe I should have made some " " around the word 'true'
Sorry, for this offtopic discussion.

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jul 26 2008, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (superize @ Jul 26 2008, 10:48 PM) *
I dont understand why people try to interfere on how people live. If you dont belive in god you dont who are they to tell me what to belive

Note: This is just an example

I guess they think that they're helping us. What annoys me is that they expect me to listen to them and change my `sinful ways` and yet they wouldn't dream of being open minded and listening to my views when I try to explain that their religion doesn't seem very logical to me unsure.gif

With regards to Satanism, I don't see how anyone could be surprised that people hold predjudices against a `religion` that even through it's very name is a provocative and childish response to Christianity.

This post has been edited by Moon Boots: Jul 26 2008, 11:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 27 2008, 01:59 AM
Instructor
Kids between 14-16 asking for a smoke, calling you emo? My god, where is this world going to? laugh.gif

No, seriously, labeling someone is just a product of ignorance and poor education. You shouldn't be worried so much about it, and from that perspective it can be interpreted as a serious thing, not funny...

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 27 2008, 01:59 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Jul 27 2008, 03:58 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 26 2008, 08:59 PM) *
Kids between 14-16 asking for a smoke, calling you emo? My god, where is this world going to? laugh.gif

The world is copying my city (Unfortunate i know).

Anyways I've probably have been called/heard other people being called Emo (Cause of the music i listen to although how listening to metallica,black sabbath, children of bodom, etc.etc.etc has me labeled as this is a bigger mystery) Goth (Dont look like never did never will) Punk (dont look like one dont listen to it) and practically everything else for stupidist of reasons.

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 27 2008, 03:59 AM
QUOTE (vintageplaya666 @ Jul 26 2008, 04:49 PM) *
Ok, being labeled isn't the best thing in the world. When you get called a goth, emo etc. Sometimes you can be quite proud to be called a goth or whatever. But this little story I have is quite funny.

Yesterday when I was walking to the local shop, I had a Metallica T-Shirt On, Blue Jeans, Black Trainers. There were a group of 3 kids hanging around outside the shop. They must have been between 14-16. I entered the shop, to get what I wanted and as I came out of the shop they started asking questions.

They were asking me for a smoke, and I said I dont smoke. And because of that, you know what they started calling me? An Emo!. A Emo! Can you believe it?

I turned around and said to them to know what an emo is before you call someone it. And they still carried on calling me an Emo!

I thought it was rather funny and thought i'd share it with you. Anyone else experienced something similar?

I would have kicked their lily asses. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 27 2008, 07:51 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (rockztar @ Jul 26 2008, 10:15 PM) *
damn the guys at my school its to stupid, ive labeled as hippie when i have a steve vai shirt on =)

laugh.gif at school I used to get cvalled a hippie (I had long hair then) they used to always quote Neil from "the young ones" as well, never used to bother me, I just knew that while they listened to their Soft Cell and Depeche Mode records (and they had the cheek to label me!!) records I was listening to proper music laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Jul 27 2008, 07:53 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jul 27 2008, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Stereo types of any kind are funny and sad at the same time.

I know when i was in school back in the mid 80's i used to always get people asking me where they could buy pot.

I was like, um. Why would i know. They just assumed because i had long hair and played guitar i must be a pot smoker.

Go figure

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:22 PM