Opeth - Oh Nose!
SirJamsalot
Jul 3 2010, 05:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
I just went out ot my car to get my Blackwater CD, and the dang thing won't come out of my car stereo!!! mad.gif I'm about to get out the tools and commit stereo-icide...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 3 2010, 08:30 AM
GMC:er
Some car stereos have a safe eject option. What you have to turn the stereo off and then turn the car off for a few seconds. While the car is off, hold the power and the eject button in at the same time. The stereo should spit out the CD. If not, then try it with car turned on. You have to hold the power and eject button in for at least 5 seconds.

Some have a pinhole somewhere on the face of the CD player. Pushing a paperclip in this hole should force the mechanism to eject the CD.

If it's well and truely stuck and it's a 1 disc player, get a bread knife and side it in the top (top only), press down gently and slide out. The top doesn't cause damage and you should be able to pick up the disc through the edge of the middle cd hole by the tip.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jul 3 2010, 08:35 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 3 2010, 11:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
Maybe the CD melted and got stuck... I heard that happens when it gets really hot inside a car!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 3 2010, 01:13 PM
Jazz Instructor
A "self-destroy" button in a devices seams like reasonable idea smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 3 2010, 04:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jul 3 2010, 01:13 PM) *
A "self-destroy" button in a devices seams like reasonable idea smile.gif

laugh.gif for the cd - stereo or the car

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 3 2010, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
lol, you guys r crackin me up. Well, basically it's not melted. I can still (thankfully) listen to it! I've tried everything short of the old yank the stereo and throw it against a tree trick, but it won't come out dry.gif so that's next! grrrr.

Zakk - youi're good at dissecting tones - here's one for ya - Track 6 of Blackwater park "THE FUNERAL PORTRAIT" at about 1:20 in, is an insanely aggressive tone and I can't figure out if it's the bass using distortion, or if its a crazy grind effect on the guitars - what do you think? anyone? I NEED THAT TONE! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 3 2010, 10:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry SirJamsalot but that video is not viewable at my country (Sony BMG blocks it out).
I have the mp3 of the song however and a 1.20 minutes there is just standard riffing going on - but maybe that is diffrent to 1.20 into the youtube vid you posted...

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 3 2010, 10:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 3 2010, 02:11 PM) *
Sorry SirJamsalot but that video is not viewable at my country (Sony BMG blocks it out).
I have the mp3 of the song however and a 1.20 minutes there is just standard riffing going on - but maybe that is diffrent to 1.20 into the youtube vid you posted...

hmm - it is standard riffing - it begins right after his last growl and starts with two repeated descending minor 2nd notes followed by two more descending major 3rds, followed by muted ascending notes.

The tone is much different than the opening and any other segments on that song and album.

best heard thru headphone jacked UP! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 3 2010, 10:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
I guess that's just the impression because it's only a single guitar for a small time and then the whole band joins back in, giving it more impact...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 3 2010, 11:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 3 2010, 02:48 PM) *
I guess that's just the impression because it's only a single guitar for a small time and then the whole band joins back in, giving it more impact...

hmm, maybe, but for some reason that section really does sound like it has a more defined grind to it - compare the middle section with the first and second. Maybe I'm hearing it wrong, but on the CD, it really does sound distinct to me. anyways, if you can't hear it, I'm probably just going a little batty cause i can't get my CD out of my car lol.

Attached File  opeth_6.mp3 ( 190.78K ) Number of downloads: 171

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 3 2010, 11:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
Effect and instrument wise it is exactly the same.
I think at first it is only one guitar playing the chords and one only playing the root notes and later both guitars play it with full chords.
It just sounds fuller than before, that might be due to more layers of ryhtm tracks on the recording but it might also just come from the guitarist playing harder, picking the strings harder on the second part which gives the whole riff more dynamic and punch (tube amps were used after all).

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:21 AM