Powerchorusproblem
SonofDestiny
Jun 1 2008, 08:56 PM
GMC:er
Hey Luciana!

I really need your help on something. I'm not able to sing powerchorusses with power...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lL-I40d0uo

This is the kind of chorus I'm talking about. The verse is allright, I can sing that. But the bridge and chorus sound so weak! sad.gif

I should be able to sing like that, but I don't know how... and that's why I sound more like a little girl (no offense to you, you sound great! smile.gif) than a rocksinger tongue.gif

How can I practise singing like that without hurting myself? Should I add more air? If so... how do I maintain singing in a way that sounds nice... so not like some soccerfan?

I hope you can help me smile.gif

Thanks for your time!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Luciana Segovia
Jun 17 2008, 04:54 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jun 1 2008, 08:56 PM) *
Hey Luciana!

I really need your help on something. I'm not able to sing powerchorusses with power...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lL-I40d0uo

This is the kind of chorus I'm talking about. The verse is allright, I can sing that. But the bridge and chorus sound so weak! sad.gif

I should be able to sing like that, but I don't know how... and that's why I sound more like a little girl (no offense to you, you sound great! smile.gif) than a rocksinger tongue.gif

How can I practise singing like that without hurting myself? Should I add more air? If so... how do I maintain singing in a way that sounds nice... so not like some soccerfan?

I hope you can help me smile.gif

Thanks for your time!

Hi!

Definitly if you want more power in your voice, you have to add more pressure of air. To compensate for your loss of power, or "weight", the tendency is to add more breath pressure for loudness. Becareful with "overblowing" or "pushing". There is a big difference between add more air and add more presure of air!! dry.gif . My advice is to add a little bit pressure day by day to the vocal cord without loosing quality of the sound. Train your diaphragm and don't force your Throat. The power in your voice will develop with a good technique, so Be responsable...

I found this of my lesson about resonance, it helps for the quality of your voice, so power and quality are a good combination for that song you want to sing-

Lower resonance (chest resonance)
The principal amplifier which makes the lower resonance is the throat and mouth space and they are helped a little by the chest. There is certainly a sensation of chest vibration sometimes.These are a bigger resonators than the nasal cavity and responsible for, perhaps three-quarters of the sound.The quality of the sound made by lower resonance is broader than that of the nasal space. As you might expect from more spacious resonators, the sound is thicker, heavier, darker and warmer. It is possible to develop the lower resonance to add body and colour to your voice, and the way to do so is by opening these adjustable spaces as wide as is comfortable. All you need to do is to get into the habit ok keeping the throat wide open whilst you are singing. Try it with the teeth open just a finger's width, as when you are singing the vowel EE, you can open the throat wide independently of the teeth. Imagine you are yawning and singing at the same time. That's the position of singing.

Hope it help!

Feel free to ask more things!

Luciana

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 22 2008, 12:57 PM
Hey Luciana smile.gif

Thanks for the reply!

Is it allright if the 'yawning and singing at the same time' feels unnatural?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jun 22 2008, 11:32 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jun 22 2008, 12:57 PM) *
Hey Luciana smile.gif

Thanks for the reply!

Is it allright if the 'yawning and singing at the same time' feels unnatural?

Sorry... yawning and singing??? blink.gif I am not sure of what you want to say.... huh.gif

If we are yawning and singing at the same time there's no good sound..!

But if we singing with the "posture" of yawning (only the posture)... you can feel that you throat will open and the sound will be better-

Did I answer your question? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 23 2008, 09:22 AM
Hahaha 'Imagine you are yawning and singing at the same time. That's the position of singing.' that's what I meant smile.gif Sorry for being so unclear. biggrin.gif

Hmm.. the posture of yawning... you know what the problem is... I try to take the posture, but then I really start yawning. I think I'm doing something really wrong or I'm just really tired.

Right, so I just recorded myself trying to do the posture... It's really short, and I just got out of bed, so I don't know if this recording is enough for you to see if I'm doing the right thing.

Thanks again smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lijn_in_2_Mic_2_2008_06_23_10_06_01.wma ( 266.63K ) Number of downloads: 137

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jun 30 2008, 05:21 PM
Singing Instructor
"Hmm.. the posture of yawning... you know what the problem is... I try to take the posture, but then I really start yawning. I think I'm doing something really wrong or I'm just really tired."

rolleyes.gif

Hi!
well... it is normal that you start yawning, when you take that posture! don't worry!!! biggrin.gif

You are inducing to the yawn, because you are raising the veil of the palate, so if you start yawning that means you are doing it right! wink.gif
Then, When the body gets used to this position, you will stop yawning! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Luciana Segovia: Jun 30 2008, 05:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jul 1 2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks! smile.gif I've done your resonance exercises and they really helped!

How many times should I do these exercises daily?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:25 PM