The Great Divide
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2012, 10:00 AM
Instructor
Just thought I'd share this for a better view on things smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 1 2012, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
It's ok, but i would still rather buy "material music" on cd or record , then download from site and pay for it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2012, 01:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 1 2012, 11:45 AM) *
It's ok, but i would still rather buy "material music" on cd or record , then download from site and pay for it smile.gif

Well, we are releasing our EP in a material form as well, so, yeah, I agree with this - I also like to touch what I am listening to tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2012, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Good graphic. The difference that I am noting at least in my country is that record labels have the possibility of give you radio rotation, and be part of international concerts which are the two things that are more effective to reach fans in Argentina. So you win less % but you can sell much more, or do more many thanks to big avenues copyrights commission.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2012, 05:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 1 2012, 03:24 PM) *
Good graphic. The difference that I am noting at least in my country is that record labels have the possibility of give you radio rotation, and be part of international concerts which are the two things that are more effective to reach fans in Argentina. So you win less % but you can sell much more, or do more many thanks to big avenues copyrights commission.

Wow! In Romania, if you don''t have long legs and show up almost naked, or as a male, perform silly rnb tunes, you have no chance of being taken by any record label. If they take you you have to support all the costs for everything anyway and they don't lift a finger for any festivals or such. So, yaaaaay for Argentinaaaaaaa biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 1 2012, 07:15 PM
Instructor
Cool stuff.. what is CRUDBUMP ??

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 2 2012, 12:06 PM
Instructor
Well, Ben biggrin.gif Here's what I found:

Drew Fairweather (born 1979), professionally known as Drew, is an American author and artist residing in Columbus, Ohio. He is notable for being the creator of the webcomic Toothpaste for Dinner, and the co-creator of the webcomic Married to the Sea alongside wife and fellow artist Natalie Dee.[6]

Drew was previously a research chemist and held several patents before transitioning to full-time work with his webcomic.[7] In September 2006, Drew revealed himself to be the entity behind the electronic musician KOMPRESSOR, which was previously only known by the alias "Andreas K.".[8][9] Drew has since released other albums under the artist name Dog Traders and CRUDBUMP.[10][11] On 11 April 2011, Drew published his first novel, Veins.[12]

Excerpt from Wikipedia

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 2 2012, 06:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 1 2012, 01:40 PM) *
Wow! In Romania, if you don''t have long legs and show up almost naked, or as a male, perform silly rnb tunes, you have no chance of being taken by any record label. If they take you you have to support all the costs for everything anyway and they don't lift a finger for any festivals or such. So, yaaaaay for Argentinaaaaaaa biggrin.gif

I explained how it works!! but it doesn't mean that it's easy to reach a record label... they support just a few bands... and we have lots of good bands in the underground.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 2 2012, 07:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
Also, here's a great quote:

"If any of you are in the habit of illegally copying music and think it's OK to do because record companies rip off artists, THIS artist is here to tell you that I don't mind being "ripped off" by people who are producing my records, promoting them, paying for recording costs, etc. I VERY MUCH mind being ripped off by people who steal recordings."- Duck Baker

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 3 2012, 08:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 2 2012, 05:49 PM) *
I explained how it works!! but it doesn't mean that it's easy to reach a record label... they support just a few bands... and we have lots of good bands in the underground.

Well, at least they do! I hope Cirse is in the circuit biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 2 2012, 06:32 PM) *

"If any of you are in the habit of illegally copying music and think it's OK to do because record companies rip off artists, THIS artist is here to tell you that I don't mind being "ripped off" by people who are producing my records, promoting them, paying for recording costs, etc. I VERY MUCH mind being ripped off by people who steal recordings."- Duck Baker

laugh.gif Good one!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 3 2012, 09:22 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 1 2012, 03:24 PM) *
... The difference that I am noting at least in my country is that record labels have the possibility of give you radio rotation...

Totally agree Gab.

Many of the major broadcast to air stations will not put stuff on rotation without a physical cd that includes ISRC. Most rip the cd to a hard drive on their
play out. They auto log the PQ for the running time to compile the program and performance rights data is also done automatically rather then by hand. Broadcast to air stsations tend to play stuff without ISRC only if it's a 'classic' and already logged or as 'demos' if they are doing an 'unsigned' feature/prog. The image of the radio DJ who puts his/her [rogram together themselves by hand and who goes in to the station with a box of records is nowadays rarely true.

Internet only radio stations are a little different as most of them will play stuff without ISRC and without being given a physical CD.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 3 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 2 2012, 06:32 PM) *

Yep, very good point.

If I were working with a record label the way I would approach it is I want them to be making lots of money because if they're making money, that means I'm making money. Unless you signed a bad contract that is.. but you get my idea wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 4 2012, 01:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 3 2012, 10:10 AM) *
Yep, very good point.

If I were working with a record label the way I would approach it is I want them to be making lots of money because if they're making money, that means I'm making money. Unless you signed a bad contract that is.. but you get my idea wink.gif

Ben, how are things with record labels in the UK? For instance, do you have any plans on trying to reach a record label for The Reckoning?

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 4 2012, 01:48 PM
Learning Roadie
70% of 0 is 0

At least record labels have resources to make people aware of your product.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 4 2012, 01:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 4 2012, 12:48 PM) *
70% of 0 is 0

At least record labels have resources to make people aware of your product.

In other countries they may have them and act accordingly, but in Romania, if you play anything other than cheap RNB, gypsy music or house/ dance. you are not interesting for them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 4 2012, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 4 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Ben, how are things with record labels in the UK? For instance, do you have any plans on trying to reach a record label for The Reckoning?

I don't plan on approaching any yet.. I'd rather make a worthwhile noise around what I'm doing first and become something 'invest-able' smile.gif

The only note worthy metal orientated metal label that is UK based would be Earache.. the best metal label overall would probably be the German based Nuclear Blast, although I believe they've just opened offices in London.. and that ex-Roadrunner A&R man Monte Conner is joining forces with Nuclear main man Markus Staiger. Good move, I think.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 5 2012, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 4 2012, 06:04 PM) *
I don't plan on approaching any yet.. I'd rather make a worthwhile noise around what I'm doing first and become something 'invest-able' smile.gif

The only note worthy metal orientated metal label that is UK based would be Earache.. the best metal label overall would probably be the German based Nuclear Blast, although I believe they've just opened offices in London.. and that ex-Roadrunner A&R man Monte Conner is joining forces with Nuclear main man Markus Staiger. Good move, I think.

Sounds like a good plan mate! I have done the same thing, more conscious or not, regarding the ex. Aria songs, so I think this sort of strategy can bring nice results.!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:33 AM