2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Rec Program ..., Stay Tuned
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 9 2009, 11:32 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi GMC!

This is just a quick taster of the GMC REC program (REC = Recognition) that we will soon be unveiling, based on the concept of gaining forum points and titles for completion of GMC lessons, and submitting videos. Full discussion is here.

We are not there yet, but we will soon be rolling the program out and it is looking like it will be a lot of fun!

Now, for those of you that are interested in this, why not get a head start and make some youtube videos of yourself playing lessons. We will shortly reveal how you can use them to get grades and titles, but for now, you can make a start.

We will be accepting YouTube videos only, and no audio only submissions at all, so all you have to do is record the complete main video of a lesson (or indeed lessons) of your choice and place them on YouTube. We will let you know how to apply for grading later but you can get a head start and maybe submit a few all at once! Some of you in fact already have these ready to go, and they will also be eligible for grading when we start the process.

Video quality does not have to be great, but both video and audio quality should be good enough for us to be sure you are playing the piece accurately and well, and for us to see what your hands are doing.

So, what are you waiting for? Get those cameras rolling! If you don't have a webcam yet what better reason is there for getting one???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 9 2009, 11:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This sounds cool but I'm confused on the concept. You gain points by posting or what tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Mar 9 2009, 11:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I love the idea!!! Can't wait!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 9 2009, 11:38 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 9 2009, 06:36 PM) *
This sounds cool but I'm confused on the concept. You gain points by posting or what tongue.gif

We discussed this a few weeks back - I added a link to the original discussion up above smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Mar 9 2009, 11:43 PM
GMC:er
laugh.gif I saw the REC forum a while back in the Instructors corner. I knew something was up!

anyway what about a lesson like this?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/paramo...sson-2-ballads/

Lead and rhythm are both part of the lesson, and are not included on the backing track. I don't have the hardware (pedals namely) to do the lesson in one take. I'm assuming that If I were to submit two separate takes in one video (sort of like picture in picture) that it wouldn't be a problem?

I ask this because this is one of the few.... wait only, tongue.gif lesson I have completed front to back flawlessly.

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 9 2009, 11:53 PM
Instructor
Awesome Andrew! smile.gif

I was wondering when this will come into light! Can't wait to see how the REC program turns out - it promises a lot of interesting stuff IMO! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 10 2009, 12:02 AM
The Dark Canuck
This is great Andrew smile.gif The program is very exciting, can't wait for the full roll out.

rok

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Mar 10 2009, 12:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
One question... Where do we post our youtube takes for the REC?!? I wanna get INVOLVED biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 9 2009, 10:32 PM) *
Hi GMC!

This is just a quick taster of the GMC REC program (REC = Recognition) that we will soon be unveiling, based on the concept of gaining forum points and titles for completion of GMC lessons, and submitting videos. Full discussion is here.

We are not there yet, but we will soon be rolling the program out and it is looking like it will be a lot of fun!

Now, for those of you that are interested in this, why not get a head start and make some youtube videos of yourself playing lessons. We will shortly reveal how you can use them to get grades and titles, but for now, you can make a start.

We will be accepting YouTube videos only, and no audio only submissions at all, so all you have to do is record the complete main video of a lesson (or indeed lessons) of your choice and place them on YouTube. We will let you know how to apply for grading later but you can get a head start and maybe submit a few all at once! Some of you in fact already have these ready to go, and they will also be eligible for grading when we start the process.

Video quality does not have to be great, but both video and audio quality should be good enough for us to be sure you are playing the piece accurately and well, and for us to see what your hands are doing.

So, what are you waiting for? Get those cameras rolling! If you don't have a webcam yet what better reason is there for getting one???

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 10 2009, 12:51 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 9 2009, 05:38 PM) *
We discussed this a few weeks back - I added a link to the original discussion up above smile.gif

woops my fault tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 10 2009, 12:52 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
really looking forward to seeing this roll out smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 10 2009, 01:17 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Mar 9 2009, 06:02 PM) *
One question... Where do we post our youtube takes for the REC?!? I wanna get INVOLVED biggrin.gif

This will all be set up soon Adam. smile.gif Great news Andrew, can't wait and I hope all who can get involved, will. This program will be a tremendous value that will benefit all who participate as well as setting GMC apart from the rest...Not that it already is... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 10 2009, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Mar 9 2009, 06:43 PM) *
laugh.gif I saw the REC forum a while back in the Instructors corner. I knew something was up!

anyway what about a lesson like this?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/paramo...sson-2-ballads/

Lead and rhythm are both part of the lesson, and are not included on the backing track. I don't have the hardware (pedals namely) to do the lesson in one take. I'm assuming that If I were to submit two separate takes in one video (sort of like picture in picture) that it wouldn't be a problem?

I ask this because this is one of the few.... wait only, tongue.gif lesson I have completed front to back flawlessly.

I don't think that would be a problem at all smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 10 2009, 02:57 AM
Instructor
I'm very excited to see this idea grow! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Mar 10 2009, 08:32 AM
Learning Roadie
ooooh..

awesome.. now if only i didn't have a job.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Mar 10 2009, 08:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Mar 10 2009, 08:32 AM) *
ooooh..

awesome.. now if only i didn't have a job.. laugh.gif

Trifles tongue.gif

Can't wait ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 10 2009, 09:24 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Nice idea biggrin.gif Just now that my webcam is working again ^^

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 10 2009, 09:28 AM
GMC Founder
This is going to be killer - so many people have devoted themselves to make this happen!

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 10 2009, 12:17 PM
GMC:er
Sounds great but unfortunatly i'm not going to be able to take part because i have no way of recording video. Good luck to everyone else though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 10 2009, 12:19 PM
Instructor
Sounds like another awesome project ! Very excited to see how this will develop wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 10 2009, 12:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 10 2009, 12:17 PM) *
Sounds great but unfortunatly i'm not going to be able to take part because i have no way of recording video. Good luck to everyone else though smile.gif

Learning to record video could be crucial for your progress - how else can we determine if you have good posture, fingering etc.

I am sure you can get away with an extremely cheap web camera for this purpose!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:36 PM