2000-2010 Bands, What's your favourite?
Kapto
Aug 10 2008, 11:37 AM
GMC:er
Hi Gmc'ers
Looking back in time I enjoyed the 80's with maiden,judas, Ozzy,Dio,Helloween and a long Etc...
The 90's with Metallica, Megadeth,Dream theater, Symphony X, Guns & Roses, Red hot chilli peppers+went through all the instrumental ones Mac Alpine, Tafolla,satriani,Vinnie Moore,vai.....etc...
The thing is since 2000 I haven't found so many bands that I like a lot. Maybe the new turn to Nu-Death-power-metal or whatever label you want to put in it doesn't work very much for me.
So the only bands I found which I like are Circus Maximus and the 1st 2 albums of Adagio and thats it. Maybe if you post your favourite band let's say from 2000-2010 may help me to find some others.
So far the winners for me are CIRCUS MAXIMUS

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gus
Aug 11 2008, 06:01 PM
GMC:er
Ah, by the way. I did not include Audioslave and Velvet revolver, because I don´t consider them as 2000-2010 bands, since they are most formed by former band mates...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Aug 11 2008, 06:19 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I have had a hard time locating any new bands that interest me these days. I have been looking back toward older bands that I missed in the past. Radiohead and Children of Bodom are two that I recently got heavy into and until now was unfamiliar with. I did see Velvet Revolver a few times and their first tour promoting the Contraband album was great. I saw them in the Avalon in Boston, a small venue. The next time at the Worchester Centrum a much larger venue, and they were awful. Also, they played on late night with Jay Leno shortly after that and were horrible!! I was hoping to see big things from them but drugs and attitude always seem to get in the way.

As far as the whole Emo or hardcore scene there is a song here and there that may catch my ears but the overall style is just not for me. I am glad to be a product of the 80's and the 90's biggrin.gif I remember the radio and MTV (before it became RealityTV) flooded with bands like Soundgarden, Pantera, Nirvana, Megadeth, Stone Temple Pilots, Metallica, Ozzy, and many more. That to me was a great time for music. Two words..............headbangers ball!! tongue.gif

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Kapto   2000-2010 Bands   Aug 10 2008, 11:37 AM
- - ZakkWylde   In 2000-2010 we had the Metalcore, Gothenburg Melo...   Aug 10 2008, 11:53 AM
- - Ian Bushell   Off the top of my head... these guys aren't ...   Aug 10 2008, 02:07 PM
- - VinceG   Most of the metal (Power and Death Metal) that has...   Aug 10 2008, 04:03 PM
- - Fsgdjv   LAst 10 years? I don't really know, most of th...   Aug 10 2008, 04:16 PM
- - JVM   Despite anything else bad that might have happened...   Aug 10 2008, 04:32 PM
- - Gus   Not so many bands that started having success 2000...   Aug 11 2008, 01:45 AM
- - RIP Dime   Hmm...Opeth, Mastodon, Nachtmystium, Disfear, Arch...   Aug 11 2008, 01:56 AM
- - Fullmetal_Tmd   I've gone through just about every popular met...   Aug 11 2008, 11:10 AM
- - Praetorian   Slipknot John 5 Dropkick Murphys Sevendust Disturb...   Aug 11 2008, 01:48 PM
- - Lian Gerbino   Ensiferum Turisas Wintersun Rhapsody mmm I dont kn...   Aug 11 2008, 02:01 PM
- - Praetorian   How the heck could I have forgotten STEMM?! H...   Aug 11 2008, 05:29 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Cool topic. My favourites from this ERA (2000-2010...   Aug 11 2008, 05:41 PM
- - Mark.   All most all music I listen to are from bands who ...   Aug 11 2008, 05:46 PM
nnn
- - blindwillie   Volbeat, rising stars. Chainfist Fatal Charm Atrey...   Aug 11 2008, 07:08 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:19 PM